shape
carat
color
clarity

New member, question regarding replicating specific diamonds

RobC76

Rough_Rock
Good morning,

I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forum, I attempted to locate the answer to my question and was unable to do so. I just stumbled onto this website and figured this may be the perfect place to get my question answered. My wife has some really beautiful diamonds and I sometimes worry about her wearing them out in public or on vacation. I have seen on television and on the internet references to some performers ( beyonce is one I recall ) that had spectacular diamonds but also had duplicate diamonds to wear in less controlled environments. My wife does not have pieces worth millions but she does own some individual diamonds that are worth 150k+ and higher. Does anyone know where I could have diamonds such as these duplicated? I have gia certificates on each one so I know the exact dimensions, level of clarity, and all other aspects of each stone. If the jewelers are located in LA or northern virginia where we live I could even bring the pieces in to be examined. Any help would be appreciated, have a great day.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: New member, question regarding replicating specific diam

Hi Rob.

Nobody has made a synthetic diamond that is large enough to be worth $150,000. If someone could make one, it would probably end up costing more than $150,000 just on the novelty value alone.

What Beyonce probably has are simulants (cubic zirconia). Pricescope rules forbid members from talking about simulants. However looking for jewelers who sell high-end simulants might get you some better sources of advice.

RobC76

Rough_Rock

Christine,

Thank you for your response, I have a limited knowledge of diamonds. My question may have been unclear or unintentionally vague, if so I apologize. I am not looking for a synthetic diamond worth $150,000 I am looking to duplicate a few individual stones I have and some are valued individually at approximately $150,000. I have several traditional diamonds over 10 karats and a couple yellow diamonds over 5 karats I would like to duplicate, as well as the settings if possible. When we travel I do not like my wife to bring expensive jewelry. If the duplicates are from the naked eye very similar this would be an ideal solution for us both. Thank you again for your help.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Try betterthandiamond.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results