shape
carat
color
clarity

New member, looking to cut stones and don't want to break any rules!

breakfacets

Rough_Rock
Hello PriceScope! I heard about this forum from a gem-cutting friend, and it seems like a great community with an interesting and active crowd.
So I am a hobby lapidary, and I am getting to the point that I have to start getting rid of some of the gems. I would really like to see some of my stones end up in jewelry and making someone happy, but I have no idea how. At this point, I am not trying to sell them for profit, I really just want to see someone get use out of them.
So I guess the question: is there a way to sell / give away stones, or connect with jewelers, here in PS?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PriceScope! I heard about this forum from a gem-cutting friend, and it seems like a great community with an interesting and active crowd.
So I am a hobby lapidary, and I am getting to the point that I have to start getting rid of some of the gems. I would really like to see some of my stones end up in jewelry and making someone happy, but I have no idea how. At this point, I am not trying to sell them for profit, I really just want to see someone get use out of them.
So I guess the question: is there a way to sell / give away stones, or connect with jewelers, here in PS?

Welcome! :wavey:
This is a great place.
You're gonna love it here, and it sounds like PS (both the community and admin) is gonna love you.
There are others here into lapidary.
Jordyonbass cuts and polishes opals in Australia, and is a Trade member here.
... Oh, and I love your peridot glasses.LOL :mrgreen:

About your questions ... scroll down to the bottom of this screen and click on Forum Policy.
Those are the rules we all agreed to follow when registering here.
Especially read about Pricescope being a place where we cannot directly advertise our own things for sale for even for free ... read on for a way around this.
PS does not have private messaging, and a rule we don't reveal our real identity or contact information.
This keeps us all safer ... after all this is a diamond forum.

Pricescope has a preloved-ps-jewels forum for selling our things but I think that's for jewelry we bought and want to sell.
And I don't know whether "Trade Members" are allowed to use it.

Be sure to read the first 3 pinned threads at the top explaining the rules.
The transaction must take place on one of the above-mentioned websites for private party sales, like Loupetroop, idonowidont, 1stdibs, etc.
Then you can mention your items and post a link to your ad on one of those other sites.

It sounds like you want to sell "new" things you make.
I think that means you are considered a "Trade Member" so read those policies carefully.
If you are in the trade you need a Trade badge here.

I recommend you discuss your questions with admin by clicking on CONTACT US below.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use loupetroop to try to sell/give away stones but I don't think you can use our pre-loved forum to sell.

Also, I don't know what kind of stones you have but we do have a colored stones forum here that you might like to check out.
You can see what PSers are interested in, however, you are not able to promote your own goods.

Good luck!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried r/engagement rings? Short story is that you can post pics of your own work with various labeling and content restrictions. Read their policy carefully.

breakfacets

Rough_Rock
These are all helpful, thank you!
Sounds like it is not possible for a lapidary to connect with anyone that might want a stone via PS. I can "see what PSers are interested in, however, you are not able to promote your own goods." so I am not sure how to raise a flag and say "I have that stone you're looking for!" without breaking rules. But it's nice to at least hear what people like.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wish I knew how to facilitate this because I love peridots and am looking at some step cuts.
You don't have an Etsy or ebay presence?
Where can I get those glasses?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all helpful, thank you!
Sounds like it is not possible for a lapidary to connect with anyone that might want a stone via PS. I can "see what PSers are interested in, however, you are not able to promote your own goods." so I am not sure how to raise a flag and say "I have that stone you're looking for!" without breaking rules. But it's nice to at least hear what people like.

Exactly.

I think PS does not want to become like a noisy third world bazaar, where you can't just stroll through without being accosted by a zillion people selling something.

I'd start an account on one of the websites I listed above, and list your goods there.
Then you may post pics of your stones and a link to thier ad on Pricescope's Preloved PS Jewels.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, perhaps create an account at Loupetroop, use "breakfacets" as your user name, make a listing (or several) with pics of your finished stones as a sample of what is/could be available, invite PSers/interested parties to reach out to you with their specific wish lists, and be sure to include your website/Instagram/contact/email.

If you truly want to give away your stones/inventory, then check with PS Admin to see if a "free stones" thread may be acceptable ... perhaps in the members only area?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have moved on a few stones through Loupe Troop.
Other members buy gems and then change their mind or find something better and again, use Loupe Troop.
If you want to be more like a business Etsy and eBay are the bigger marketplaces but come with selling fees attached.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is diamondbistro.com as well to list items, although it's a smaller group than Loupetroop

breakfacets

Rough_Rock
I will give loupetroop a try. It does look a bit intimidating though!
Will PriceScope allow me to post pictures of stones I have cut, just to share and talk about without intention of selling? Would that be in the Colored Gemstones channel as new threads?

* And yes, the glasses are just photoshops of a step-cut i did superimposed over and image of my face!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
breakfacets, I listed something on ebay a few weeks ago, and not having been a seller for 20+ years, I found it intimidating, annoying and intrusive. Plus they whack you with fees. I think if you posted on LoupeTroop you would have a lot of help from this forum.
I'm not admin but I think you'd be very welcome on the Colored Gemstones forum. Peridots, esp. step cuts, are my weakness. I'd be thrilled to see what you have and ask questions.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I will give loupetroop a try. It does look a bit intimidating though!
Will PriceScope allow me to post pictures of stones I have cut, just to share and talk about without intention of selling? Would that be in the Colored Gemstones channel as new threads?

* And yes, the glasses are just photoshops of a step-cut i did superimposed over and image of my face!

If you are not selling items for profit, yes this is allowed. If you are selling items for profit, you must register as a trade member and follow those rules.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love peridot
Perhaps you can start a thread...

If it fits with the rules of course

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results