shape
carat
color
clarity

New MAC upgrade Troubles - Pics of my dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to post some pics of me in my dress last night, but ended up with an empty thread. This new MAC version is really getting to me. I can''t post of PS! What''s the deal?! haha....

Well, I really hope this works as I''ve been trying to upload these for a while.

The dress itself is not altered yet - the top needs to be taken in a LOT...(i''m small up there....lol) and I need to get it "hemmed" quite a bit also.

My mom also didn''t lace me in totally - there are like a thousand little lace-up holes and she just didn''t feel like it...lol

Well, here we go!

CleoDress2.JPG

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s an awesome dress!! So pretty!

One of the ladies in the shop where we got our bridesmaid dresses told us that with a pickup skirt (2 of my girls wore them), when it comes to hemming you can always just add a few more pickups... rather than cutting off the bottom. Don''t know if that would work for you or not, but it might be worth an inquiry.

Re: all the loops... my dress fit better when I used every other loop to lace it... so it wasn''t so "busy". I had my tailor remove the extra loops. Might also be worth a try if there are too many loops!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey date twin... It''s amazing that your dress is in already! Or did you buy it off the rack? Either way, it''s gorgeous!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
grrr...it won''t let me reply to any posts! SO, I''m using FI''s computer while he is still sleeping....hehehe

CleoDressCloseUp (2).jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
And of course my blue shoes
9.gif

cleoshoes (2).jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sumbride! Actually, the lady who is doing my alteration already came up with a pretty good plan of how to do the "hem". She is basically cutting off the layer underneath the pick-ups (the lace part), then hemming the pick-ups slightly, then re-attaching the lace underneath the dress to the correct length. This way, I won''t lose any of the lace/beading at the bottom. :)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 10:10:23 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Hi Sumbride! Actually, the lady who is doing my alteration already came up with a pretty good plan of how to do the ''hem''. She is basically cutting off the layer underneath the pick-ups (the lace part), then hemming the pick-ups slightly, then re-attaching the lace underneath the dress to the correct length. This way, I won''t lose any of the lace/beading at the bottom. :)

That sounds perfect! I was worried about the pool of lace... it''s so pretty! Glad you have a plan!!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - the back looks terrible because of mom''s laziness - lol. But this is to get the idea of the back. The lace bottom goes into the train. I''m not quite sure if I plan on keeping the train itself, so, I think I may permanently bustle it. It looks fabulous bustled with the lace peeking out of the bottom :)

Ok...I think that''s all for now. I must get off his computer, delete files and act like I''ve done nothing sneaky :)

CleoDress1 (2).jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you look lovely! I LOVE the lace at the bottom!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful! I love it.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Perty Perty Perty Perty! You look gorgeous (even if it''s only half laced up!)
36.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I too love the deep lace all around the bottom....and the blue shoes rock!
Congrats on your beautiful choice!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I can finally reply now that I''m at work (hehe) - It kills me to sit there at my MAC computer not being able to respond or post anything! Grrrr!
29.gif

Anchor: I ordered the dress back in June. I was told it would take SIX to EIGHT months to come in! WOW! So, I was nervous and of course ordered right away. Not three months later, I get the call that the dress is in, so I''ve been having it for quite some time now. It''s just hanging up at my parent''s house just waiting to be altered...

Sabine - Thank you so much! I think the lace at the bottom was my "va va voom" factor that made me adore the dress. I set out one day to find "my" dress....and I never ever, in a million years thought I would want a dress with pick-ups. (I know they aren''t too popular here on PS)....but when I saw this dress, I just thought it was the perrrrrfect dress for me. That lace sealed the deal!

Bee - Thank you so much for your kind words
35.gif

Ang - Thank you! I wish I would have begged mom to take the time to actually lace me in correctly. I know the fit would have been better for these pics and I could have gotten a better idea of the general look of the dress....although it''s only half laced, I still love it....good sign, eh?

Wifey - THANKS! I adore my blue shoes also. I''m going with sweet and elegant with the dress....then "rocker chick" with the shoes! They truly are bright blue in person.....the shoes are one of my favorite parts of the "outfit"!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s some dress! It''s just beautiful on you and suits you so well!
5.gif

The shoes are great! For some reason they remind me of the wizard of Oz shoes.
9.gif
I wish there was some way to raise the front a little to show them off!

Oh, and it''s not exactly the Mac upgrade. It''s the new safari version. I downloaded Opera and am now able to post.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Girl, rock that dress and them shoesies! I lurve the bodice, by the way.

And because you may be looking too much at the lack-o-lacing, can I please compliment you on your back muscles? You will be a fantastic looking bride from all angles!

No, I''m not hitting on you
31.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
ROFLMAO Jas! Back muscles?! hahahaha! More like Back fat! LOLOLLLL
3.gif

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the back and the train. You''re a hottie, girl!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful! I love love love the train! So pretty!
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 12:30:28 PM
ROFLMAO Jas! Back muscles?! hahahaha! More like Back fat! LOLOLLLL
3.gif

Silly wabbit...you look gorgeous. Fat, muscle, whatever...looks good! Rock on!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
LOL...thanks girls
35.gif
I''m really excited about my dress....
My wedding isn''t for another 8 months....I''m hoping that I''ll have to take the dress in a whole bunch by then (don''t we all hope for that)....maybe then, my back fat will be a little more conspicuous! haha!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 8:21:58 AM
I can finally reply now that I''m at work (hehe) - It kills me to sit there at my MAC computer not being able to respond or post anything! Grrrr!
29.gif

Anchor: I ordered the dress back in June. I was told it would take SIX to EIGHT months to come in! WOW! So, I was nervous and of course ordered right away. Not three months later, I get the call that the dress is in, so I''ve been having it for quite some time now. It''s just hanging up at my parent''s house just waiting to be altered...

Sabine - Thank you so much! I think the lace at the bottom was my ''va va voom'' factor that made me adore the dress. I set out one day to find ''my'' dress....and I never ever, in a million years thought I would want a dress with pick-ups. (I know they aren''t too popular here on PS)....but when I saw this dress, I just thought it was the perrrrrfect dress for me. That lace sealed the deal!

Bee - Thank you so much for your kind words
35.gif

Ang - Thank you! I wish I would have begged mom to take the time to actually lace me in correctly. I know the fit would have been better for these pics and I could have gotten a better idea of the general look of the dress....although it''s only half laced, I still love it....good sign, eh?

Wifey - THANKS! I adore my blue shoes also. I''m going with sweet and elegant with the dress....then ''rocker chick'' with the shoes! They truly are bright blue in person.....the shoes are one of my favorite parts of the ''outfit''!!!
Yeah, I was told that in some stores too. I suspect they say this to get you to buy the dress asap... I went to the store where I ordered my dress in late June and they told me to wait because it would take 4 months to come in. At first I was going to go back while visiting my grandmother for Christmas, but I figured they''d be closed (duh
20.gif
), so I made the trip on Fall Break and ordered in late October. It should be in in February, and I''ll be able to go pick it up during Spring Break in March! It''s still pretty early, but at least it''s something else crossed off the list...

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I love your dress, that lace at the bottom is just beautiful. And your shoes are perfect! Congrats on two beautiful finds for your wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results