shape
carat
color
clarity

New LV Pochette Bosphore!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted my story over in Matata's thread, I will copy it over for those who didn't know...but I got a new LV...YUM.

Welllllll....so today I was at Stanford mall with one of my best friends, a total LV whore..her mother has literally 99% of the LV's ever made and most of the Tod's and Chloe's and Marc Jacobs and whatever else you can think of. She literally has a purse closet.

Anyway my GF was picking up her wallet which she'd had repaired..and I of course asked if they had the Bosphore, well the guy pulls one out and places it into my hands and....

I tried it on, fiddled with the strap...

He told me that they are raising their prices on the 22nd. Their annual or bi-annual price raising...

I looked at my friend. I looked at him (one of the store managers, very sweet younger guy..)....

I was a goner! I said I'll take it!!

He said gift wrap? I said SURE! It comes with that snazzy chocolate brown box that's great for storing sweaters and similar in it in the closet.

He said that style was getting popular, I hoped not too popular since I don't want everyone on the street and their sister to be wearing it!!

And so it came home with me!! I had some anxiety over telling my darling husband about it, especially after promising originally that my previous LV would tide me over for 'years'...but I reminded him that he'd been on a ski trip all weekend with the boys and I figured that this cost as least as much as his fun 'must have' trip.....oh and this style was very versatile and I'd still wear my other LV as well and could switch them out.

Somehow the magic worked and he said ...awww alright...

So tomorrow I'll have to post pictures! I'm so excited...I really love it...it is PERFECT for across the body when I don't want to be carrying an additional bag!

Thanks for turning me onto this Matata and I'm sure Greg thanks you too!

I wore it today and it's fabulous. Just gotta get used to the whole across the body purse thing...I haven't worn a messenger or anything like that in a while.

Anyway I took a few pictures today and of course had to get my sparklie involved too...
9.gif

Here's the first one, just a closeup of the bag itself, it's a nice size, something like 8x10?

bosphore a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and a body shot, i cutoff my head because you guys really didn't want to see the concentrated expression on my face as I tried to take a picture of myself in the mirror...
20.gif
oh and i realized after the fact that i think i have some smudges on my camera lens, der!

bosphore b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkles!!!!

ring on bosphore b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more...I love how the stone caught the sun in that one big flashing light of sparkle!

ring on bosphore a.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow mara.. i love it!
36.gif
it looks great on you! what a nice size... you done good girl!

more pics!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that shape of bag. I have a black version (diff brand) and it has been particularly great for traveling ... lightweight, easy to carry with room for passport, tickets, etc.... I like cross body bags for travel too because they cut down the worry of purse snatching.

LV - well that''s just icing on the cake!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mah love Bellisima...now you need one too!!
2.gif

Here's another kind of cool shot, the zipper looks FUNKY here, like some 3d version!

bosphore c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay this is really the last one for now...

sisters! my Coussin GM and the Pochette Bosphore!

you can see how the Coussin is already getting the patina, it''s funny how consistent it looks even on areas I don''t touch with my hands!!

bosphore d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Deco, I actually love across the body bags too....especially for things like traveling or at trade shows/events/festivals etc where you don''t want to have to be worrying about carrying a bag or putting it down somewhere and forgetting it. The LV part IS just icing on the cake, which is why when Matata posted hers, I thought OMG an LV across the body in a cute hip new look? I''m SOOOO on it! My poor wallet never had a chance!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t see them but hopefully will be able to see them tomorrow. I know you will love this bag for many years to come. I think it''s a gorgeous bag and sure it looks great on you. But so far all I see are those red X''s.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh lord! This place leads from one obsession to the next, at least in my case!
Now we''re into furniture and handbag threads. I love it!

Where is that collection thread? We should definitely add to that too...

coconut

Shiny_Rock
very cute that Bosphore!

Can you adjust the strap length?
Even just by the picture the bag comes down to a perfect place for you when you wear it across.
Looks fabulous.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know MMM...Kaleigh told me about this online purse forum and I was like NO...CAN''T DO IT....PS is seriously bad enough!! Esp since we CROSS-ENABLE each other! Diamonds, furniture, purses, clothes...oh sure you should have it, why not?!
31.gif

Coconut, the strap is adjustable which is great, so if you are taller or shorter it can be modified. I had to tinker with it a bit to get it right there where I wanted it!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t see the pics
7.gif
...but i saw matata''s and looooved it and am soooooo coveting one right now! it''s so tempting to and the 2/22 price rise is such an incentive...grrrrrr.....must resist....

lol...just a year ago i would have thought $549 for a purse?! are you insane?! but after being on here for so long and wedding planning, $549 seems not quite chump change, but definitely reachable
11.gif

maybe i''ll drop by LV tomorrow... just to LOOK
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't have much time for much online fun these days...but I admit that I actually registered with purseblog tonight.. that's probably the forum ? Well,
20.gif
26.gif
Big mistake. But my excuse is that I had a legit question about a bag
11.gif
..oh go on, just register, you know you want to j/k
Congrats on the bag...

And YEAH RIGHT Ginger...Just to look!
27.gif
I was in bloomies on saturday "just to look" and well, let's say that "just to look" turned to "just have to have it or I'll die"
11.gif
Once you have it in your hot little hands, sssssssiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhh. One I tired on (a Luella) is a "just keep dreaming" with that price tag. Damn.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 9:18:28 PM
Author: moremoremore
I don''t have much time for much online fun these days...but I admit that I actually registered with purseblog tonight.. that''s probably the forum ? Well,
20.gif
26.gif
Big mistake. But my excuse is that I had a legit question about a bag
11.gif
..oh go on, just register, you know you want to j/k
Congrats on the bag...

And YEAH RIGHT Ginger...Just to look!
27.gif
I was in bloomies on saturday ''just to look'' and well, let''s say that ''just to look'' turned to ''just have to have it or I''ll die''
11.gif
Once you have it in your hot little hands, sssssssiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhh. One I tired on (a Luella) is a ''just keep dreaming'' with that price tag. Damn.
LMAO!! that has happened too many times to count! hmmm...maybe i should take FI with me--he''s immune to the "i just have to have it or i''ll die" plea (well partially, depends on how much i turn up the wheedling factor
9.gif
)...that way should it requires physical force to prevent me from doing financial harm to my wallet, it''ll be from someone i know!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I just registered too. I''m using the same name as I do here. Is everyone else doing the same?

Watch out PS is taking over another forum
27.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
oh darn, i hate being short! i LOVE this bag but it''s humongous on me that i look like a dwarf wearing a luggage. grrr...

It looks AWESOME on you!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey moonriver! I also used moremoremore and just posted a q about a marc bag! Come say hi LOL...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The bag is great Mara.
I''m also glad Greg was understanding about it.
31.gif

It looks perfect

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That''s very nice!

Can you believe that it''s not available over here yet? We always have to wait forever for new products!

Have fun collecting more LV bags :razz:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did check out that site, it's pretty cool. But PS is the only forum for me.
2.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot damn!! My very first ever success story as an enabler. I am fulfilled
9.gif
Congrats, Mara. Just so ya know, my next purchase will be from Tod''s.....

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new bag! Looks like a great casual everyday running around weekend bag. I do need to get out more and see what''s going on in styles, if it weren''t for your bag threads I''d never know! Enjoy it.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your bag! Ah....the joys of enabling. Now I must add more to my list.
emwink.gif

I was actually thinking about getting the Rift in Damier, it''s nice and small and I can actually keep my hands free. Too bad that Bosphore is too big for my frame though...actually that is a good thing for my wallet!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG....i looooove the bag! it looks too cute! i think this is the first LV I'm seriously drooling over! And I just got my first pair of the slimmer gaucho-ish type pants/jeans that would look waaaay cute with it.

I resisted and didn't go to LV...

Then I did something worse...I went to eluxury.
38.gif
The bosphore is going for $555. Just on a lark, I submtted all my info just to see what the total would be...

THEY ARE HAVING A NO SHIPPING SALE. No shipping, NO TAX (huge thing here in tx)

DO I HIT THE FINAL CHECKOUT BUTTON?!?!

waaaaaah!
39.gif
i don't know what to do!!!!

darn you both to someplace uncomfortably warm mara and matata!!! my life would be just that much happier right now if it weren't for you two! in this case, ignorance would have been bliss!!
14.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m right there with you ginger!
39.gif

dammit.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 3:16:16 PM
Author: gingerBcookie

DO I HIT THE FINAL CHECKOUT BUTTON?!?!

waaaaaah!
39.gif
i don''t know what to do!!!!

darn you both to someplace uncomfortably warm mara and matata!!! my life would be just that much happier right now if it weren''t for you two! in this case, ignorance would have been bliss!!
14.gif

HIT IT! HIT IT!HIT IT!HIT IT!HIT IT!HIT IT!HIT IT!HIT IT!

Thank goodness for me that I actually don''t really like that style too much as I would have gotten it as well!

Again, Congrats on the new bag Mara! and Matata!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Ginger, HIT THE BUTTON!!!! HIT...THE...BUTTON!!!

Tax cost me something like $50 here in CA. So my total was $590 on Monday. If I would have known I could have paid the extra $15 and gotten free tax and shipping.

Such a deal!
11.gif

Belle, you know you want one.

Now that I have a new bag I tend to design my outfits around it...aka today I had on jeans with tan strappy sandal heels, a tight fitting Theory soft brown & cream heathered short sweater (just hits right below at waist) and over it this beautiful darkish purple melange 'short poncho' that my mom made me which covers my shoulders and stops right under my boobs so my choco brown and tan purse looks SO CUTE worn over the outfit.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You gals are literally KILLING ME. It is TOO CUTE and I can''t stand it. I''m gonna have to resist this time though - price increase or no.

(My FI wasn''t nearly so understanding when I emailed him the link to this thread with many crying emoticons. Too many home repairs/upcoming expenses/taxes. Too little cash.
29.gif
32.gif
7.gif
39.gif
14.gif
41.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results