shape
carat
color
clarity

New LV for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
My husband informed me that my new LV is on the way from eLuxury and that I can have it as soon as it arrives! No waiting until Christmas. Yeah!

I have one question, though. I''ve no idea how to pronounce the style that I''m getting.

It is the Batignolles Vertical. Anyone proficient in French that can tell me how to properly pronounce "Batignolles"?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I believe it''s pronounced "bah-tee-null vehr-tee-cahl."
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh -- how exciting!

(My husband and I have also given up on the "waiting for Christmas" thing. If we had kids I''m sure it would be different, but The Demon Dog doesn''t seem to notice what I''m wearing/carrying from one day to the next so the dates don''t really matter much in our household, LOL.)

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Monarch! Ver-tee-cal...Got it!
emwink.gif
I knew that Batignolles is a neighborhood in Paris, but hadn''t a clue on the pronunciation.

DeeJay, I think my husband and I are the worst about trying to wait until Christmas to exchange giflts. Usually, about a week prior to "the big day", my husband says, "do you just want your gift now"? We both get so excited to give the one another our presents, I don''t think we''ve ever waited until Christmas morning. This behavior has continued on with our gifts for our 4-year old. I have presents in the trunk of my car that I''m just busting the seams to give to her! It''s just so much fun to see how much joy it brings to the recipient.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh G, I totally understand -- BUT you HAVE to hold off on giving gifts to the little one!!! When you're a kid the anticipation and the torture of waiting add to the whole experience of actually "getting" the gifts, especially if there's still a Santa factor involved. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for instant gratification (can you say "Dee*Jay has been wearing her *Christmas earrings* for a week now," LOL!) but for the kid, well, that's different. Maybe you could do like a "12 days of Christmas" thing and give her one small present each night until the 25th and then go for the mother lode?

(Then again, this is like the pot calling the kettle black! We got The Demon a new peanut butter bone for X-mas and I'm just DYING to give it to him!!!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful looking bag!!!!

lvbv.jpg

Giada

Shiny_Rock
DeeJay, although it will near kill me to do so, I do plan on waiting until Christmas morning to give my daughter her presents. She is four, so the Santa factor is very much a factor...and a means of negotiation, which I'm enjoying. "Don't whine, don't cry...Santa might hear you."
emwink.gif

I really love your new earrings as well. There's no way I could have waited for those either.

Firegoddess, that is the one! Thanks for posting the picture. I cannot wait to receive it.

I have the Mini Looping bag and it's become too small for everyday life as a mom. I'm looking forward to having more room for my crap!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Batignolles Horizontal that I use for an everyday bag. It holds everything (including my dog) and is very practical for me since I am very hard on my handbags. You will love it.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
BizouMom, I was so torn between the Vertical and Horizontal version. I pretty much just flipped a coin because I really couldn''t decide.

I''m glad to hear that you love the bag so much and that you can fit everything a mom needs into it!

Thanks for sharing.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting Giada - I love that bag! Waiting for Christmas gifts is highly overrated in my opinion!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
that is a lovely bag! congrats! it kinda reminds me of the bucket bags, but much much nicer! and sleeker too! merry early xmas to you!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Milly.

It is on the FedEx truck for delivery today!! Yipee!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty!! lucky girl!

i'm a big fan of waiting for xmas or birthday gifts rather than getting them early, because i did the whole not waiting thing before and then the day of my birthday or xmas it was totally depressing...because i had nothing exciting to open!!
39.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i likey! please post pics when you get it! i''m trying to be good and wait till christmas...the torture wil be good for me i suppose, and my hubby will get a kick out of watching me!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Will do, Ginger! I''m hoping it''s not to overwhelming "on". I''m on the smaller side and this is my first large purse.

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I love it. I have a bit of an LV problem, obsession is more like it. Let''s just say I am on about 5 LV purse forums.
23.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It was under the tree when I got home yesterday. It is a perfect size!

I will take some pics at some point today and post.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahem. (Taps toe impatiently.) I am living vicariously through you -- where are the pics?!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 9:34:25 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ahem. (Taps toe impatiently.) I am living vicariously through you -- where are the pics?!
LOL! I know!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Sorry girls. I had a very busy weekend with company parties and such. I''ll take some pics tonight when I get home from work.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
okay, but the pics better be here by tonight!

oh, and mara, i know exactly what you mean re
6.gif
pening gifts early and then on the day of the event feeling depressed because nothing to open...
7.gif
did that a couple years ago, not doing it this year.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2006 5:53:54 PM
Author: Milly

6.gif
pening gifts early and then on the day of the event feeling depressed because nothing to open...
7.gif

OK, you people are starting to scare me a bit. This is the first year the happy hubby and I have done away with waiting 'till Christmas. I've been wearing my new hoops for a week and a half now and I didn't even bother to give the HH the diamond pendant that I bought at the gem show to wrap up, I just put in on and walked out the door. Now I'm starting to be a little pre-depressed in anticipation that I might be depressed...
23.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2006 6:56:30 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 12/11/2006 5:53:54 PM
Author: Milly

6.gif
7.gif

OK, you people are starting to scare me a bit. This is the first year the happy hubby and I have done away with waiting ''till Christmas. I''ve been wearing my new hoops for a week and a half now and I didn''t even bother to give the HH the diamond pendant that I bought at the gem show to wrap up, I just put in on and walked out the door. Now I''m starting to be a little pre-depressed in anticipation that I might be depressed...
23.gif
LOL, DeeJay, your earrings are MOST gorgeous! I didn''t get a chance to really compliment you on them at the gem show, but I have to say that they were really stunning! Sooooooo very sparkly--I would''ve gone green with jealousy, but there were toooo many other sparklies going on and I got distracted, thank god! Loved the pendant, too, it was fun watching you and Catmom and Perry (and IrishAngel) negotiate and get into that purchase. It is a gorgeous pendant and now you can start obsessing over your YG collection again, hee hee!
35.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Here are pics as promised...

On to show scale. It''s quite a bit larger than what I''m used to, but I think I can adjust.

LV1.JPG

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Hanging out on the robe hook:

LV2.JPG

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I had forgotten how light the straps are when they''re new. This is her 4-year old sister.

LV3.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Giada - congratulations! And even though it''s a little bigger than what you usually carry I bet you won''t even notice in a few days. When I first got my bigger bag it seemed SOOOOO big, and now I don''t even think twice about it.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, DeeJay.

I piled in all of my normal crap and there''s still tons of room inside. That I love!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
she looks great giada! ditto what dee*jay said. i started off with smaller bags and have gradually gone bigger and bigger without realizing it. after awhile the bigger bags look normal and the little bags look tiny!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful bag Giada. DH and I rarely wait for the occasion to exchange a gift. I''m not good with surprises...Especially expected ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results