shape
carat
color
clarity

New LIW

snow12

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am a new LIW. A little about myself: I am 21 years old and the man that I am with is 22. We have been together for a little over 6 months. I know its a short time, but when you know, you know! Both of us have been in long relationships previously. I have been previously engaged, in the summer of 2009, which ended shortly after.

We are both currently college students. I am graduating in May of this year with my BFA in Graphic Design and the man I am with is just starting his second semester in school for Engineering. He is foreign born, and has only lived in the US for a little under 2 years. Yes he has his green card and does not need me to become a citizen. This isn't even a possibility anymore because of US law does not allow citizenship to be gained by marriage anymore anyways. He was born in Morocco and lived there until he was 18. When he turned 18 he moved to france and lived there for two years before moving to the US. We have talked about marriage and about getting engaged when we can afford it. He is a great guy, very sincere, family oriented and wants the same things out of life that I do. I really can't wait to be married to him.

We have started to browse the internet for rings. As this will be my second engagement, I already have some ideas. My first fiance was very controlling. He said I could pick out whatever ring I wanted, but when it came down to it, he did not like anything I picked out. He had made a custom ring that he picked out and designed, so not my taste and style. This time around I am hoping to get a say in the ring that I will forever wear! :love:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Snow12! Glad you've found the one. Hope you'll find the perfect ring to go along with the man.

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Snow! Enjoy this time - it will go fast!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any reason to suspect your boyfriend is using you to get a green card, but marrying an American citizen doesn't make you instantly a citizen, but does make you eligible to apply for citizenship 3 years after the wedding, and many foreign-born students in the U.S. have student visas, which are more limited than green cards and don't automatically allow you to apply for citizenship. I only mention it because you brought it up, which made me wonder if you had doubts of your own.

Anyway, I'm also with a foreign-born engineer. I think they're terribly charming :) and more family-oriented than the Americans I've dated. And in my case (and apparently yours!) not commitment-phobic!

snow12

Rough_Rock
I only mention it because I've had this brought up many times from family and am tired of being judged. I am very sure this is not an issue between us :). He has been over here for two years thus far and we will not be getting married until after he has got his bachelors degree so we still have 3+ years til that happens so by that time he will be applying for citizenship. :) Yes they are so charming and very family oriented. The accent does help a bit too! :naughty:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, hope you stay is short and sweet!

nicolita

Rough_Rock
Welcome! I hope you have a lovely engagement and I can't wait to see the type of ring you pick out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results