shape
carat
color
clarity

New LIW Intro

ycenvy

Rough_Rock
Here is my story...

I found PS after searching for information on what to look for when buying a quality diamond a couple of months ago. For the last couple of years I started looking more into what my ring style is, because I wanted to save my future fiance the trouble once that day came (I'm very picky LOL). Anywhoo, I started lurking around more often when I discovered and fell in love with BGD. Now, I come to the site almost daily.

I know this might sound crazy to some of you, but I have only been with my BF for three months (four in Nov) and there is already serious marriage conversations. I know in my heart is the one for me; I never knew what it was like to have that 'feeling' and be surrounded by true love until I met him :). The marriage talk came up once we realized we were in love and wanted to be together forever; this was about a month or so after dating. It's something we talk about all the time, down to the time we should get married. He is in dental school and I work but am also in graduate school; I will be finished in December and he has two years left. He would really like it if we got married after he is finished with school because money really won't be that big of an
object, whereas I would like to get married before he graduates in case he takes a job out of state. I would rather us be married before I just pack up and follow him (the reason behind this is the fact that I have a child)...just a personal preference.

It would be hard for us to get married before he graduates since I am the only one working; dental school is very time consuming and he always spends his time studying so it's very hard for him to get a job until the summer months. He is against taking out a loan for the wedding, and I agree. We would have to pay for the wedding ourselves, and I have decreased the budget drastically (the wedding will be small regardless).

I would really like for us to get married next year on our anniversary because it would be on a Saturday and the next time our anniversary would fall on a Saturday will be in 2018...long time away LOL... So I decided on our anniversary in 2013 since it falls on a Sunday, and I honestly think that is a reasonable timeline. So, I'm hoping for a wedding in 2013 with an engagement next year (hopefully) :). He did say that he is thinking about working during the summer next year so he can save for the ring since he didn't realize how expensive...wait, let me rephrase, how expensive I am when it comes to rings, which is not that expensive by the way. The rings and diamonds I have showed him are very reasonablly priced and because I am not going to be able to get the ring I have my eye on I showed him other BGD that I will be just as happy with.

So, basically that is my story. Sorry for rambling LOL...

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the board! Keep us updated :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope your stay is enjoyable here!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think timelines completely depend on the couple, you guys have to do what is right for you! No matter what happens welcome to PS and the LIW!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

ycenvy

Rough_Rock
ckrickett, I have no doubt we will do what's right for us. He wants me to be patient enough to wait until after he graduates and is working so that he can give me my "dream" wedding, but even then the budget would only go up $5000 dollars so there really isn't that big of a difference in waiting. The budget would still be very small. I have my other reasons for not wanting to wait as well; I think I'm just so excited that I've finally found "the one" that I don't want to wait too long to make it official and start my life with him. We wouldn't do anything like move in together until after we are married so I'm just antsy...I'm VERY impatient but I'm going to try to hold it in and wait as long as possible because I don't want to bring it up everyday and overwhelm him or turn him away. I just need to find a way to get him to agree with 2013 and I'll be good...

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you really determined to have it on your anniversary? What about having it on the same date- but different month? A good friend of mine's aniversary is 9/13 and they are getting married on 7/13. Doing that would allow you to have your wedding any month, any year that works for your schedule and budget. Pushing the wedding up to a time that your FI isn't comfortable with for any reason (financial, stress due to work/school, etc) may make your planning time and wedding stress for him and in turn stressful for you. You definitely want to be able to enjoy it all!

ycenvy

Rough_Rock
I think it would be neat to have it on our anniversary, that's why I was going for 2013. But, I am OK with having it on the same day in a different month. We are going to a wedding this weekend and it will be our first road trip and our first time going to a wedding together so I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what type of conversations spark from it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results