shape
carat
color
clarity

New Job

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of my relatives have had to go into a care facility, and I've gotten a job at the facility so I can still look after them and also keep an eye on them. This is something of a family thing - my aunt had a job at the facility her father was in, and my uncle was a nurse (at a time when male nurses were not the norm).

I'm just telling you this to explain why I'm not on PS much anymore and why some people's kind posts to me have gone unanswered, which I feel bad about. I'm working 12-hour shifts and am exhausted, and I get the odd minute to have a look at PS but can't really log in and reply on a work computer, as I want to do everything possible to keep the job! I'm also trying to get fit so I've been to the gym three times after work this week. I'm not home much (which is good after a few years of being home way too much) - so the place looks as if a grenade has gone off!

I wanted to thank Missy for her replies to me on the Millennial thread and the thread about memories of a loved one. And also Kenny for replying to me about rude people.

I see Jordy was angling for an inappropriate response from me - something about horses! - but I'm too tired to be in the mood, Jordy! You'll have to rely on Kenny for the inappropriate flirting!

Anyway, that's it. I just wanted to explain why I'm not around much.

Thanks! :wavey:

J.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new job, sorry it's so exhausting! And good for you getting to the gym!
The only problem now is you're so busy, you won't have time to buy/post about all your beautiful new pieces of jewellery!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1461431410|4022794 said:
Congrats on the new job, sorry it's so exhausting! And good for you getting to the gym!
The only problem now is you're so busy, you won't have time to buy/post about all your beautiful new pieces of jewellery!

All of this!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Jambalaya!! I hope you're being paid for doing such long hours, I know how exhausting doing such long hours can be.

And don't worry, Kenny has made some improvements on the regularity of his comments this week so he's got you covered :lol:

Q

Queenie60

Hi Jambalaya :wavey: Miss you. :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heya! Miss you here too.

You are a very lovely person for helping out at the facility!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Jambalaya, I am happy for you that you were able to get a job at the facility where some of your family resides. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to help others and to be there for your loved ones too. Thank you for letting us know and sending lots of good wishes and hugs your way. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fortunate your family is to have you to look out for them in that way! I am sure you are exhausted but what a noble calling!

Catch up to us when you can but for now - get some rest!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya - it sounds like you've found a good way to help your family members and ensure their safely while still bringing in a paycheck. I hope it will be less exhausting once you get in the swing of it. But - please be as good to yourself as you can. One thing I observed when I was spending a lot of time in hospitals is that the nursing staff looks to be younger, overall, than when my mother was a nurse many years ago. I'm sure the trend towards 12-hour work days has a lot to do with that.

I'm so glad you got your new necklace before (?) your life became too busy for you to think about jewelry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a saint! :angel:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to keep in contact your family members and help others at the same time! Congratulations on the job Jambalaya, but please take care of yourself too and rest when you can.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the new job! You have such a big heart! I love how you go out of your way to care for your family! :appl:

As others have said, please make sure to reserve some time for yourself and your passion for bling.

All the best :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrtulations! Glad you are able to continue caring for them and also others who will benefit from your skills and kindness. Remember to take care of yourself too.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smart!!! :wavey: :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461503929|4023033 said:
Hello Jambalaya, I am happy for you that you were able to get a job at the facility where some of your family resides. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to help others and to be there for your loved ones too. Thank you for letting us know and sending lots of good wishes and hugs your way. :wavey:
Ditto! Looking forward to hearing from you and your experiences=when you are able.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to say thank you to everyone. Saturday is about the only time I can post now, so I make the most of it!

Thanks for all the kind remarks. Work is very busy and tiring but I'm happy. I hope it lasts!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying my new job a LOT - but man, the weeks are brutal. There are really just a few hours on Saturdays when I can post.

On the plus side, yesterday I bought a gorgeous pendant that I've been eyeing for the longest time. It's a deep violet iolite triangle in a thick yellow gold setting, bezeled, with a bright green tourmaline dot on the bottom of the triangle. I already had a thick yellow gold chain for it. The piece is a riot of deep violet, bright green, and buttery yellow.

And here's the kicker: It was sold to me as 14k, and apparently had been in the store for years. When I got home and looked at the stamp, it's 18k!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results