shape
carat
color
clarity

New Idea... Need some inputs...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Well I had a proposal idea in another thread that some of people didn’t think it was the best approach.

So here I am back at square one, I have a feeling that she doesn’t really care how I ask her but I think she is going to want a nice romantic story to tell her friends or our kids.

This is my dilemma I am flying out to surprise her and I would prefer to ask her right at the first moment I see her. Because if I surprise her, she will know why I am their and she will just be waiting. But if I do it all at once than she wont even have time to think about it.

Here is an idea that I have thought about and you guys can tell me if it sounds doable.

Idea - find a stretch of road that she drives everyday and a get a series of billboards to read the following

1st Billboard – I Love You! (Just to spark her interests and to get her to wonder who the billboard is for)

2nd Billboard- I Love You Jessica – (Know she will really be curious but she would never think it was for her.

3rd Billboard- Jessica, Will You Marry Me? – (this is the final Billboard and I would be waiting underneath the billboard. When she gets out of the car and comes over to me I would get down on one knee and do the traditional proposal.

One concern is that I have no idea how much it cost to get a Billboard for a couple of days or if that is even possible. Does anyone know have any insight into this information or where I could look?

jason32803

Rough_Rock
I think they post the number of the owner of those billboards right on them. You might need to have someone go look if your not in the area.. as far as price and availibility.. I'd bet it would cost a lot and chances are you would have trouble getting them for a day.

What about building some big ole signs your self out of 2X4s and plywood?

I like the idea.. very fun.

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Very cute idea! She'll be excited and most of all, shocked. I'm not sure how to do that/how much it costs though. My fiance proposed as a big surprise right after we arrived at a bed & breakfast in VT this summer...he put the ring in the middle of a box of my faaaaaavorite chocolate truffles and gave me the sweetest letter with it. Whether it be extravagant or simple, she'll love it! Here's a website that's got awesome proposal ideas... http://www.best-marriage-proposals.com/ Best of luck!!

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
That's cute, but what if she is still clueless by the third billboard, and drives right past you?
sad.gif
Or what if she is running late and pays no attention to the billboards?
cry.gif
And just HOW MANY bill boards does she drive past on ONE road on the way to work?
confused.gif
You don't want to go through all that work to have her not notice it!

I think its back to the drawing board again bud.

saint.gif

christarose

Rough_Rock
Hi Ryman,

I think your billboard idea is very creative! Just make sure it's not a busy road... I think if my husband had done that, I probably would have caused an accident when I saw the final sign!
2.gif

Thinking about signs, messages...and your comment about preferring to propose right away...

Will she be meeting you at the airport? Is there an accomplice or two who could come to the arrivals area as well? When you come out, they could be in the crowd holding up a "Jessica" sign (as if they're picking someone up there) - and maybe a "Marry" sign? Point out that someone spelled "Mary" wrong - or steer her in their direction, then have them hold out the "will you" and "me" signs to complete the sentence while you get down on one knee! Have someone hand her roses, take a limo to wherever you're going...anyway, just an idea!

Be encouraged! The effort you're putting into this demonstrates your love for her
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My suggestion: Have her pick you up at the airport.

Go with her to baggage claim. Ask her to help you find your bag. Have a sign on your bag - "Jessica, will you marry me"? and let HER find the bag.

I prefer this because when she realizes you are asking her, she is WITH you. In the billboard idea, she may pass you without realizing you're there. It would be awful to get a proposal and not be able to hug the proposer or say YES right away!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I love your idea, but I'm not sure it would be practical. I seem to recall those billboards are really expensive, and they may have a minimum run time per ad... But I do like the idea of making the signs yourself -or getting them done at a vinyl sign store. Again, the problem will be if she ignores roadside signage when driving.

Is there a place (like her own driveway) that you could do this instead? Could you set it up and totally decorate her place while she's at work, maybe have a romantic meal waiting? Then you'd have both the surprise factor (if you snuck in without her even knowing your were coming), AND the romantic factor, without the possible snafus...

Just some ideas... I agree that the most important thing is how much you care about making this special for her. Way to go!
appl.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I love aldjeway's and christarose's ideas!

Just my .02 (hehe, am I a real ps'er now that I've written .02 in one of my posts?)
rodent.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think Al's idea is great. You'd just have to figure out how to not have it ruined in transit. maybe a luggage tag that she checks.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results