shape
carat
color
clarity

new here - thoughts on this OEC diamond?

mrsljd

Rough_Rock
IMG_4668.JPG IMG_4671.PNG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a video? From that still photo the facet pattern doesn’t look pretty. Looking for a pleasing pattern with on and off facets alternating and not all off at any one time. Please try to get some videos so we can see it in action.

mrsljd

Rough_Rock
I agree about the photo.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The table turns dark / black as the diamond moves in the video. The photo shows this too, if perhaps the stone is tilted away slightly from its worst position.

This is not a rare fault.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too mushy in the middle for my taste....

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the picture and video it looks like the area under the table will nearly always be dark. I'd skip it.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the vendor to re-position the camera and take some photos from a normal viewing distance and ensure the diamond is not tilted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not changed my opinion after viewing that video. Just to give it every chance and make sure it is not the one for you can you get another video or 2? Depending on the way the video is taken it can alter the appearance of the diamond IRL. But based on the photo and one video I would pass.

Dark, not well defined crisp facets and not an overall pleasing pattern. Based on what you have shared so far.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the facet pattern to be more defined... for me an OEC has flowery pattern under the table. And, the kite facets (facets next to the table) are crisp as well.

so, for me, this stone is a no.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Making sure the stone is directly face on is a good point to evaluate, but IMO I don’t see mine on my hand at that angle much - so I’m more forgiving than others seem to be of an off kilter pavilion.
That said - if it’s dark /mushy most of the time - that point is obsolete. The stills and videos (so hard to take accurately) of mine from OWD didn’t do it justice on how it looks IRL, in speaking to the complete dark center that only existed in his photos.
I’ll second what @gregchang35 said above. Everyone is different in their tastes but the kite facets being clear and defined doesn’t get much emphasis here as the center pattern does - but to me and my tastes it’s just as, if not almost more, important.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m usually very forgiving about non standard old cuts. This OEC has darkness under the table. It could be camera obstruction, but there’s no way to know unless you see it in person. Unless you really love it, I would pass.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what your budget is, or your preferred specs, but if I was shopping for an OEC in the 1.5-1.75 ct range right now and okay with a ‘preloved’ diamond/ring (let’s face it, most ‘genuine’ OECs are gonna be ‘preloved‘ anyway!), I think I’d snatch this one up faster than you could say ”dayum”. :love:

ETA: the person selling it (non-trade) is known for having a great eye, and there are other pics of this diamond/ring on PS aside from those in the LT listing).

A7EBF8EE-FE50-463B-AEE3-51A9AB95889B.jpeg

mrsljd

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate the time you've taken to reply. I have passed on the diamond.

I'm looking for something in the 1.5 to 2 range. I would welcome any suggestions.

@the_mother_thing how do I search this ring on here?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
There is a section called PS Preloved which has listings of available items.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate the time you've taken to reply. I have passed on the diamond.

I'm looking for something in the 1.5 to 2 range. I would welcome any suggestions.

@the_mother_thing how do I search this ring on here?

Here is a link to the thread posted by the owner/seller. She is pretty responsive via LT as well, if you contact her there. I bought something from her just a week ago and she replied to me like 2 minutes later.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dayum @whitewave Can’t believe I forgot about Sox’ stunner! :love:

Two really great options ... @mrsljd If you can share your budget & specs/preferences, folks here can make additional suggestions.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dayum @whitewave Can’t believe I forgot about Sox’ stunner! :love:

Two really great options ... @mrsljd If you can share your budget & specs/preferences, folks here can make additional suggestions.

Hey, how did you get your avatar to be a gif? (Sorry for threadjack)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I was wondering that

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: @whitewave & @PreRaphaelite I used an app called ‘Video to Gif‘ then just uploaded it like you would a regular pic for your avatar.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results