shape
carat
color
clarity

New here...have a question about veil(s)...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

julybride

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! After months of lurking, I''ve finally decided to join in on all the suggestions and great advice from you ladies. Little background: Engaged July 28, 2006 and to be wed on July 28, 2007. When I have more time, I''ll post pics of ring, attire, etc.

I''ve been pondering an idea for a while and I thought I''d get some advice from you ladies. I am thinking of having two veils for the wedding day. I purchased a beautiful chapel length, single tier veil on ebay ($26 with shipping ~ gotta love it) and absolutely adore it! Problem is I don''t want to wear it at the reception (people stepping/pulling on it). Would it be crazy if I purchased another just like it, but fingertip length to wear at the reception? I could just take off the original after the ceremony, but I really wanted to be wearing a veil during the reception also. What do you think? Could I pull off changing veils and not messing up hair (probably an updo)? Is it worth chancing? Have any of you ladies done/heard of this? Suggestion would be great! Thanks!!!

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Hi Julybride,

Welcome! I really don''t know much about veils, so all I can offer are crazy suggestions. Um, can you bustle a veil?
9.gif
or drape it over your arm? wrap it towel/turban like around your head?

okay, I''ll stop now!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of people change veils for the reception. The last thing you want is people tripping over or stepping on your beautiful long veil.

It would be quite easy to swap them over. Just be careful not to disturb your hair too much. I would ask one of your bridesmaids to do it for you. Take some hair pins in your handbag just incase.

Maisie

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think you could do it depending on the attachment. My veil is on a comb so I imagine I could slip it out and put another in if I had to.

I too fell in love with a chapel length veil but since my wedding is outside I ordered it floor length so as not to damage it in the grass. When I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to wear it at the reception, she said "You''re only supposed to be veiled during the ceremony. Once you''re married you''re supposed to take it off." I laughed LOUDLY at that since that''s not why I''m wearing a veil, and we decided the floor length would be ok for both. Mine was really pricey so I couldn''t see not wearing it for the whole event!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS!!

yes you can bustle a veil, when I was married in July of ''03 I tried on a gorgeous gorgeous veil that was almost 800 bucks and it bustled msking it a fingertip. IT was gorgeous, but WAY WAY out of my price.

I would say, if you buy them both off ebay then it''s still cheap, but I think the cheapest would be to bustle it with a couple of snaps..

julybride

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I really like Sophie''s idea of trying to bustle the veil. That might turn out reallly pretty. Who knows, if all else fails, I can just wrap it around my head like a turbon as Trelala mentioned ~ ha! jk!

I''ll keep you ladies informed! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results