shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here - First Post - Custom Redo

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a few months and have thoroughly been enjoying reading the posts and seeing everyone's beautiful jewelry. My DH and I are about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We decided to upgrade my original wedding set to a new one (just started looking) and we chose to reset my original marquis in a new modern setting to wear on my right hand. I googled unique marquis settings and found an inspiration picture I really loved. It had several wavy bands with the marquis set horizontally. I kind of likened the wavy bands to the many roads we have taken in our marriage, some bumpy and some smooth. Anyway, I took the picture and my ring into a local custom jeweler and after tweaking it a bit for me the jeweler came up the ring below. I love that I was able to keep the original center stone (.50 ct., SI 2, G) and accent diamonds my husband picked out from me when he was a poor college student and turn them into something new. (Please forgive my novice picture taking skills.). Now I look forward to the hunt for a new ring and band.

New Top View.JPG

New Side View.JPG

Marquise Diamond Inspiration Picture.jpg

Original.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
The re-do is beautiful! It's sleek and modern and the meaning behind the design is very cool.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, and unique! I would love to see how it looks on your finger :))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and cool~ :bigsmile: congrats on the upgrade, it's always fun and exciting~

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful idea! Please come back with some hand shots - very pretty ring!

What are you considering for your upgrade?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your new/old ring!!!!! Enjoy!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and sooo pretty! I love it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks awesome, I absolutely love it!! It's so sleek and stylish! Soooo, if I may be so bold... whatcha planning for the upgrade? :naughty:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, handshots please?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome on Pricescope! :wavey:
As I saw your new ring, I thought about its symbolic meaning: changing and yet keeping the real values...that's what life and marriage are.
Congratulation on your 20th anniversary!
... and, please, post hand shot as soon as possible.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your 20th anniversary! The reset is so unique! What a great choice.

I can't wait to see your new upgrade.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for looking. I tried to take some hand shots myself last night and they came out horrible. I will have my daughter take some when she gets up and I will post them when I get a chance.

I am all over the place right now for an upgrade. Before I found PS I was torn between two designs. The first one is a RB in a channel set band with a Euro shank with a matching band. The second is a RB with pear shaped side stones and a prong set wedding band. I like some of the designs by A Jaffe and my jeweler said she can do both designs with a Euro shank. My husband who is an engineer and a military officer loves the channel setting because it is neat and orderly. Both are pretty.

However, now that I have found PS I have fallen in love with some of the AVC, AMC and OEC beauties that are all over the boards here. I have spent the last couple of weeks convinced I want one of those. I have been scouring the estate jewelry stores, antique stores and pawn shops in the area just to get a look at some of these diamonds to see if they appeal to me in person. This is so totally different than the sleek modern redo of my original ER you see here. I looked around my house though and my furnishings seem to be the same way - eclectic, but uncluttered, with items ranging from Old European Armoires and antiques to modern accents from places like Z Gallerie and West Elm.

I am moving to the South next month and at first I was in a rush to get my new ring and band. Now given my ever changing tastes and seeing all of the beautiful custom work that members of PS have had done from far away, I think I will take my time looking around. I have a feeling when I come across the right stone and setting I will know it. I have alway been the type of person that enjoys the planning of things almost as much as I enjoy the actual event anyway. In the meantime I will wear my grandmother's little art deco wedding band.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love your new ring-and your avatar!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Moosemom! I love your new ring! It is fabulous! Is there any reason why you can't wear that ring as your wedding ring as
well? It's pretty awesome. But now that you mentioned your grandma's Art Deco band, you should post a picture of that too! :wink2:

It is a good thing to take time in choosing your stone and ring. One thing to know about being here at pricescope is that you will see
so many gorgeous rings it will be hard to make up your mind, then when you have your perfect ring, you may see another one
you adore! It is just the way things go around here! Enjoy the process, and when you need a sounding board, we all here. There are
some folks here who have a great amount of expertise and are willing to share it with you.

Congratulations on 20 years!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool!!! I love the sentimentality behind it--it's so special that you were able to transform it into something that is both updated and very meaningful. Congrats on your new jewelry and anniversary!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope. Your Redo is lovely.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
such a unique reset!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very unique and cool!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done!

Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the welcomes. Okay I was able to get a couple of hand shots (keep in mind I have been cleaning all day long for company that is coming this week - so forgive the condition of my hands :)

Handshot1.JPG

Handshot2.JPG

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-wow-wow.... I totally love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to use your original stones! :appl: Good luck on finding your new set, too!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing!! I totally love your old/new ring, especially the sentiment! Congratulations on 20 years!!

BoulderGal

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Moosemom:

Love your "new" ring.
What is old is new again!

Beautiful!

Love the symbolism.
Love that you kept your original diamond.
Love the updated look.
Love that you are still "in love" ;))

Great transformation! :appl:

Welcome to PS!
:wavey:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful idea! I really like how sleek the lines are on your new setting, it looks very comfy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out great! Looks like it would be fun to wear!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this - I am always so happy to see truly unique creations :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is lovely, and unique, and so very wearable -- even on a hot, muggy southern day :wink2: !

I absolutely love it! I hope you don't mind that I've copied a picture to my jewelry inspiration folder?

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sensational ring! Enjoy! :appl:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Very interesting design (I mean that in a good way!) I am not typically a marquise fan, but I really like the way you were able to incorporate it into the waves. Beautiful. Wear it in good health! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results