shape
carat
color
clarity

New girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiredtina

Rough_Rock
I am new here so I don''t really know what I am supposed to do. I just need somewhere to vent about my frustrations on STILL not being married OR engaged. My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 2 and a half years and he says by three years we might be engaged. His answer depends on his mood. Three years will be on November 13th. I am hoping to be engaged by then. He has been giving little hints here and there about maybe asking soon. We have gone ring shopping, but that was probably a year ago. He has asked me what hand the ring goes on..(such a romantic, I know). And here recently he has told me how many people and who he wants in the wedding as well as what DJ he wants and that he wants to have some input on the wedding decisions. BUT...still no ring and no proposal. How do you guys keep your sanity??? I personally have been wanting him to do it for the last 2 years, but not until recently have I actually started expecting it soon. My countdown will officially start TODAY! Only 127 days left!! Wish me luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t normally visit LIW, but I loved your name and saw you were a newbie so welcome! You are in the right place, plenty of ladies here who have been in the same boat to support and encourage you!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 12:55:36 PM
Author:tiredtina
I am new here so I don''t really know what I am supposed to do. I just need somewhere to vent about my frustrations on STILL not being married OR engaged. My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 2 and a half years and he says by three years we might be engaged. His answer depends on his mood. Three years will be on November 13th. I am hoping to be engaged by then. He has been giving little hints here and there about maybe asking soon. We have gone ring shopping, but that was probably a year ago. He has asked me what hand the ring goes on..(such a romantic, I know). And here recently he has told me how many people and who he wants in the wedding as well as what DJ he wants and that he wants to have some input on the wedding decisions. BUT...still no ring and no proposal. How do you guys keep your sanity??? I personally have been wanting him to do it for the last 2 years, but not until recently have I actually started expecting it soon. My countdown will officially start TODAY! Only 127 days left!! Wish me luck.
Hey there TT - I was once frustrated, too. But my bf never EVER went ring shopping, or talked about wedding parties or DJs - heck he couldn''t even tell me to expect a proposal by such and such date. Your boyfriend DOES!!!

These are all GOOD signs
emrainbow.gif

You need some schooling on the terms ''girl soon'' and ''boy soon'' though - LOL!!! It''s a phenomenon
35.gif

You need to get him in the frame of ''You''ll be engaged by three year'' if that''s what he''s saying. Not ''You might...''

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Welcome to the club!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, and best of luck! At least you know the longest it will be is six months. That time will fly, I promise you! You can always pick up a project to take your mind of things
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the forum! From your guy''s recent talk about dj''s and wedding related stuff, you probably won''t be waiting too long! Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tina,

Vent away! We''ve all been there or are in similar shoes, so hopefully it will help ease your wait! I think it''s a good sign if he''s talking about wedding things...that''s a lot more than some of us get!

I loved Starset Princesses'' comment between "girl" and "boy" time...isn''t that the stinkin'' truth???
29.gif

Welcome and good luck!

Harleigh

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! As Aloros said, picking up a new project can help the time pass faster. For one, you can start pre-planning your wedding - get ideas for what you like/want, etc. I''ve been hunting for possible ceremony and reception locations, looking at dresses in magazines and online...you get the idea. My real project, however, has been ME. I''ve completely remodeled my diet and have started exercising much more regularly. Obsessing about the progress I''m making day-to-day on myself is much healthier (and less stressful) than obsessing about when my boyfriend will propose. Also, I figure this way I''ll be good and ready to go try on dresses once the ring is on my finger.
27.gif

Hang tight, Tina, and know that we''re all here feeling your pain!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome
35.gif
I think that the fact that he is talking about it means that he is on the right track. Just hang tight-the time will fly by

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve come to the right place, many of us feel the same way. I''ll hit the 3 year mark on September 3rd of this year
1.gif

I tried to give BF the deadline of December 31, 2007. I told him any time between now and then. ("Now" was the beginning of 2007 when I first told him this) I jokingly said that I already had my wedding date picked out and I was getting married with or without him. I''ve pretty much realized though that you can''t really put too much of a time table and schedule on these things. Most guys will just do it when they''re ready. Also, I decided I didn''t want to feel like I forced him to propose, he had to WANT to. One thing that always keeps the hopes up is remembering the show "Friends" when Chandler wants to propose to Monica and he tries his hardest to be a jerk and make her think he NEVER wants to get married just so the proposal would be a surprise. It totally backfired of course, but I think it''s a good sign he''s talking the way he is and even if a guy isn''t talking about marriage at all, it doesn''t mean he''s not thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results