shape
carat
color
clarity

"New Girl" is FUNNY!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else watch the premiere of this show?

Laugh Out Loud funny. The scene with her singing "What if God was One of Us" and the ending... loved it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked it too. I love Zoe Deschanel and I'm glad she has her own show.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
It's a great Tuesday night line-up! Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope.

YAY

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
I DVR'd it and just watched yesterday - it WAS pretty funny. Although I could see it veering off into annoying if they aren't careful.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316665244|3022679 said:
Did anyone else watch the premiere of this show?

Laugh Out Loud funny. The scene with her singing "What if God was One of Us" and the ending... loved it!
I recorded it, I hope we can watch it tonight. If it's good, it better stay good. lol

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1316690279|3022796 said:
It's a great Tuesday night line-up! Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope.

YAY

Yup!

I loved the premiere of New Girl. I don't laugh out loud at many tv shows, but I was during this one!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I really liked it too! I like Zooey. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is REALLY funny! I also love "awkward."

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You folks must have been watching a different version than was beamed into my Tivo. Because I thought it was SHOCKINGLY awful, cliched and cloying. The promos made it look charming - in retrospect it seems they used the only tolerable moments.

Here's the only kind thing I have to say about it. Zooey has lovely hair.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
She does have lovely hair! She's exceedingly cute.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Zooey Deschanel, but I must say I was quite disappointed in the show. The plot seems so thin. It seems like it was conceived only as a vehicle for her sweet goofiness. I found none of male characters compelling at all. I'll give it one more go, and then even Zooey can't keep me coming back. :snore:

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
The show committed my pet peeve of trying to make it seem like a gorgeous girl is somehow undesirable. I'll give it another episode, but I just didn't believe her character. Also, I found it odd that after just moving into an apartment with a bunch of guys she doesn't know, they are suddenly her best buddies who show up to rescue her. What?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's totally gonna marry the guy that blew off his ex at the party. DH blurted it out. He said it was funny but he doesn't have faith in it. It's just postured that she'll end up with him.

I DID like the douchey guy character. We got the best laughs from him. But he also loved the whole LOTR/Gandalf exchange.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked it. I didn't love it. But pilots can be wonky some times - it takes the actors a while to get into their characters and there are some leaps made... after a few episodes I'll know if that's the case. I sincerely hope it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results