shape
carat
color
clarity

New fancy cut tsavorite

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say his photos are quite good.
That's what the Tsav looks like under bright sunlight. It darkens up a bit inside where I took most of my pics. But I actually prefer darker greens so that suits me just fine!

_37361.jpg

_37362.jpg

_37363.jpg

_37364.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More photos.

_37365.jpg

_37366.jpg

_37367.jpg

_37368.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of setting it horizontally across my finger in either a smooth high carat yellow cold bezel. Or a diamond halo bezel.
I also took a pic of it with some other team green rings. As you can see I prefer medium dark greens.

_37369.jpg

_37370.jpg

_37371.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who have worked with David klass. Do you think he'd be a good candidate for this sort of bezel work? I'd like to have someone very skilled given how sharp and pointy these corners are!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous! Please can you link to dans website?

Thanks!

Eta just found the website and the stone. It says it's a t savourite type grossular garnet.... :confused: what on earth does that mean?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grossular garnets are a type of garnet defined by a certain makeup. Tsavorites are grossular garnets who's green color is due to traces of vanadium or chromium. The ones with blue modifiers are especially prized (and one of my favorite stones).

MakingtheGrade - I love that yours is dark without blacking out....great work by Dan as always.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
The colour is perfect; not too light and not too dark. I've never done any bezels with DKlass so I don't know.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this stone!i It looks even better in person than it does in Dan's photos (as usual Dan did an excellent job).

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It looked much more like a mint in the first photo but the stone is more classic open Tsavorite! I like unique so I say yes to the horizontal setting. From what I've seen David is the perfect choice. Hi designs are vintage Deco but updated. A perfect blend in my book!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, THANK God, a new stone shape in CS! :clap: :clap: :clap: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Of course, I should talk, the last stone I bought was an oval. :bigsmile:

It's really awesome, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

eos512

Shiny_Rock
nice color and interesting cut

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1464471131|4037481 said:
Grossular garnets are a type of garnet defined by a certain makeup. Tsavorites are grossular garnets who's green color is due to traces of vanadium or chromium. The ones with blue modifiers are especially prized (and one of my favorite stones).

MakingtheGrade - I love that yours is dark without blacking out....great work by Dan as always.

Thank you lilmosun! So saying t sav type isnt the same as saying like a t sav, it just means the type of grossular garnet is a t sav?

I think I just got confused by the use of "type" on dans site. I am after a t sav of that exact colour so I'm very interested in his site atm!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
stunner!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone in terms of colour and cut, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is even lovelier in your photos. Beautiful gem!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1464467541|4037451 said:
That's what the Tsav looks like under bright sunlight. It darkens up a bit inside where I took most of my pics. But I actually prefer darker greens so that suits me just fine!

If it darkens up quite a bit indoors, I probably wouldn't bezel, but instead do delicate v-prongs on the pointy corners.

Nice stone. Looking forward to one of your lovely designs for it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1464619875|4038074 said:
MakingTheGrade|1464467541|4037451 said:

If it darkens up quite a bit indoors, I probably wouldn't bezel, but instead do delicate v-prongs on the pointy corners.

Nice stone. Looking forward to one of your lovely designs for it.
Haha. The pictures I posted are all indoor photos. I actually like the way it looks when it's a bit darker and may bezel it. I know. I'm odd.
Once I raise the funds I might consider a bezeled diamond halo for extra sparkle. It'll probably be awhile though since I have funds tied up with Sally for 3 new rings!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
MTG, I've just been catching up on your latest stuff and I absolutely love this! What a cool shape!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results