shape
carat
color
clarity

New Dress Trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Jorman - do you mind posting some pics of where you are getting married? I still love that dress, I''m just not sure if it''ll work for our location. I''d love to see where you are wearing the dress.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all SO MUCH for sending such sweet messages! I was so touched I almost started crying! I really feel confident in this dress and I am very excited. Everyone has told me to try Nordstroms for the "girls" so I think I will take my dress there and ask them to help me with the top as well as something seamless for the, umm....bottom.
2.gif

As for our wedding location, here are a few pictures we took on a visit a few months ago. We are actually saying our vows atop the cliff and then walking down a path to the charcoal sandy beaches below to take pictures barefoot surrounded by the cliffs, water and tumbled redwoods that have washed up. I am going for a greek goddess look with long tendril (messy) curls and I have nixed the veil and think I am going for flowers in my hair with a messy half up half down kind of thing.

Anyway- thanks again for all your awesome comments.
Madeliene- here are the pics. (DF is wearing a black tux- flowers are green orchids, creamy peonies, hydrangeas and roses...earrings are peridot with freshwater pearls as is bracelet).

View from the Cliff.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another view:

View of beach from Cliff.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
And Another:

View of the Beach surrounded by cliffs.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
And even another:

View of the Cliff 2.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Last one:

View of Mendocino.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOWWWWW that view is STUNNING!!!!!!!
30.gif

You better post a TON of pics after you get married!!!!
9.gif
12.gif

(And I like the 2nd shoes better, they''re gorgeous!)

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Those shoes are also $175, and I think I would pay that since it is my wedding and my dress was only $295, but if anyone happens to see shoes like those for less $$, please let me know. [$$)]

I promise to pose pictures after the wedding. I am SO EXCITED!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
jorman

Your dress looks great and so super comfortable. Love the location as well. Can''t wait to see pictures after the big day.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Island Dreams!

I found these shoes as a back up (although I like the JCrew better) Any thoughts?

Nina Shoes.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I think I like these even better!
30.gif
I normally hate "wedding shoes" but I''m loving all your options!

(sidenote: EVERY SINGLE TIME I look at your avatar, I crack up. That really is the best picture EVER!!!
9.gif
)

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Abliocca!
These shoes are at Nordstroms so when I do the undergarmet research and take the dress, I will see if the ivories match close enough. I will let you guys know.

That Avatar is of Boomer impersonating Benjamin Franklin (DF calls him Boomjamin Franklin). He is quite the multitalented Pooch. I LOVE HIM. He is at the groomer getting extra fresh today cause the Future in Laws are coming to visit this weekend.

selma

Rough_Rock
Jorman, how about these shoes? They look similar and are only $49 dollars at 6pm.com...

wedding shoesA.jpg

selma

Rough_Rock
Here''s another view of those shoes... the heel is pretty high!

wedding shoesB.jpg

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I''d mention that if you are not familiar with Nina shoes, they are usually wonderfully comfortable...at least its been my experience. i own like 5 pairs of Nina shoes...the other pair posted looks a little narrow in the toe box which wouldn''t be too comfortable for too long. With Nina shoes, you get what you pay for...

Have you checked Zappos shoes. com? Alot of time they have a great selection of Nina and other name brands...just a thought...

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
i got my shoes from myglassslipper.com . My Glass Slipper is a boutique in New York City -- they sell VERY expensive shoes but also NOT expensive shoes. (They have an "under $100" section on their website, which is organized by heel height).

my glass slipper is also located right outside of DC, like 5 miles from where i live, but i''m lazy so i still bought online. :) very reputable store. (you''ll find them in all of the bridal mags!).

$44:
2241m.jpg

these would probably be pretty comfortalbe for the beach:
1500m.jpg

these are mine, hehe, but i have swarovski crystals on my dress:
1501m.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nina''s are very comfortable!!!

When are you going to Nordstrom''s? Maybe I will tag along.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have Nina wedding shoes so I *hope* they are comfortable. I think any of the ones you posted would be beautiful with your dress!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Mara- I think I will go next week sometime as Derrick''s parents will be in town from tomorrow to Sunday. I would LOVE for you to come and help with shoes and maybe we can get makeovers or something fun.
4.gif
I also have to take my first dress and shoes back.

I think I like the Nina shoes, so I am going to try them. The shoes I have now were $80, and I am taking them back and the Nina shoes are $80. I think it is a wash- which is good with me!

I will let you know what I think, but keep ideas coming if you have them.
36.gif
36.gif

OH and I am not wearing a veil anymore, so any flowers in the hair ideas (for a messy curl half up do) would be GREAT!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your help! You are the best!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try DSW. I got my Nina''s for $50!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
janna i will totally come with you next week! haha though i need to be at the mall like i need a hole in my head but whatever!
31.gif
oh, greg where am i going? oh nowhere.
11.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks FANTASTIC on you. I soooo wanted a JCrew dress, but I was afraid that my curvy body would "rebel".

I did order the JCrew heels you posted, but haven''t received them yet- can''t wait to try them on!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered these shoes for my wedding from dyeableshoestore.com. I plan on dying them red to match the accents of my wedding. I may be partial because I love them, but I think they would be a great match with your dress!

ERIKA-shoes.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
obviously the above shoe mimicks the nina shoe, but its dyeable and already comes white....

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is a gorgeous dress and you look fantastic in it! You certainly have the figure for it! Love it!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
jorman,

beautiful dress. question about alterations? are you going to have the dress hemmed? thanks!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lovelylulu:

Yes, I had the dress hemmed, but I had them hem it to where the dress skims the ground (just barely) when I am wearing my shoes, so that when we are on the beach it is a little longer. It has a train too, so that will obviously still skim the ground.

rachelg

Rough_Rock
jorman,

I just wanted to thank you. I was going back and forth on the J.crew avery, and because of your post (and pictures) I knew it would be perfect! So, thank you SO MUCH. For helping in my choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results