shape
carat
color
clarity

New Disney inspired wedding dresses!!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I just saw that Disney will be debuting wedding dresses inspired by the Disney princesses. I thought they already did this, but this time it seems it's a new designer, Alfred Angelo.
What do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzj94IoIAws

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Meh. They look kinda.... cheap? None of the silhouettes seemed very flattering on the models to me either.

Who's Tiana? Is she a new princess? The beginning of the video says that these dresses are for the girls who grew up watching the princesses. I have no recollection of a Tiana when I was growing up.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
Meh. They look kinda.... cheap? None of the silhouettes seemed very flattering on the models to me either.

Who's Tiana? Is she a new princess? The beginning of the video says that these dresses are for the girls who grew up watching the princesses. I have no recollection of a Tiana when I was growing up.

Princess and the Frog...from like a year ago. Definitely not my childhood!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah I think Kirstie Kelly did some disney-inspired dresses...

I had to look it up...Princess Tiana is from the princess and the frog

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I think if I were to consider any,it would be the Snow White dress. I didn't like most of the beading on any of the dresses I saw.

Oh and Tiana? really? I would just market it as a normal Alfred Angelo wedding dress.No one in our generation will know who it is,and by the time the generation that does know who she is gets married,it will be out of style :wink2:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I might be in the minority here, but I thought the Sleeping Beauty dress wasn't *terrible*....the others, though. Woof :???:

Didn't Disney also make Princess-inspired engagement rings or something? Am I imaging that? I vaguely remember something along those lines.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
DearBuddha said:
I might be in the minority here, but I thought the Sleeping Beauty dress wasn't *terrible*....the others, though. Woof :???:

Didn't Disney also make Princess-inspired engagement rings or something? Am I imaging that? I vaguely remember something along those lines.

Yeah, the E-Rings were on the Kirstie Kelly website before they got rid of the whole thing. The KK wedding dresses had quite a few ugly ones as well. When I went into Kleinfelds I asked to try on one of the KK Cinderella dresses because I really liked it in the picture (the one they used to feature in their ads), but OMG, it was so ugly and cheap looking.. I didn't even try it on. The sample was $3K, so I can't even imagine how much a new one would be.

Bottom line, it doesn't surprise me that this line is ugly and cheap looking.. so was their last go at bridal fashion.. such a bust.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Didn't the KK princess gowns have more than one per princess, though? Like, there were a few different "Ariel" and "Jasmine" styles? That to me seems more like a collection based on the princesses. Having one dress per princess (and there were how many? six? seven?) just seems like a total gimmick.

Just make a dress and make it beautiful. What's next? Seven dresses based on the deadly sins? Seven dresses based on the wonders of the world?

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
Didn't the KK princess gowns have more than one per princess, though? Like, there were a few different "Ariel" and "Jasmine" styles? That to me seems more like a collection based on the princesses. Having one dress per princess (and there were how many? six? seven?) just seems like a total gimmick.

Just make a dress and make it beautiful. What's next? Seven dresses based on the deadly sins? Seven dresses based on the wonders of the world?

Yeah, there were like 5 or 6 Cinderella/Ariel/Jasmine/Snow White/Sleeping Beauty dresses with bridesmaids dresses that were supposed to compliment them.. Maybe this is just the beginning of their collection?? For their sake, I hope so. I will say as whole, I'm liking these designs MUCH better than the KK ones.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were pretty and a definite improvement over other Disney dresses. I agree, they should just make one beautiful dress. I think they have been mostly uninspiring. These dresses do have a cheaper price tag, from $599 to $1,199 so I guess that's a plus and I do think a couple of them look more expensive than that. Still, I want Disney to wow me, even if the cost is $5,000. This all coming from a woman already married 13 years :saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results