shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond Pendant by BGD

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
I want to thank Lesley and Brian for their amazing customer service. They go leaps and bounds beyond anyone else I have ever worked with, and it is such a pleasure to deal with them. I brought them my father's diamond to set into a pendant for me, and they treated me like I was buying a $50,000 diamond. Truly great people.

So, my father left me a 0.8 ct G SI1, and it meant a lot to me to have it set into something I could wear daily. So I sent it to BGD, and they made this for me. I probably sent Lesley 100 emails to describe exactly what I wanted, and she always sent me lovely responses. They did an amazing job. They made this for me by hand, and It shows the diamond beautifully. They chose high quality diamonds for the melee.

I have only one small problem with it since I have started to wear it. It likes to lay on it's side, rather than face-on. I think this is because the back of the setting is tapered, so it is happier to sit tilted to the side. This is the setting I asked for, so this is my fault, I didn't think about this when choosing this style. I wish there was a way to fix this, as I can see that long term, it will drive me crazy (I have a perfectionist problem)... Anyone have any ideas to help me with this? I would appreciate your suggestions. I don't have any neck shots yet, I'll try to get some later.

**photos removed by moderator. please upload images without logos to comply with SMTB policies**

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Here is a neck shot taken face-on. You see how it sits sideways? I don't want to have to constantly fiddle with it to set it straight. Not sure how to fix it though, this is the design I chose...

photo(2).jpg

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Here it is when I force it to sit straight. I love it. Am I being overly anal about this?The setting is 18k yellow gold. Sorry for so many pics!

I am eager to get some studs to match now...

photo(3).jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have something similar, but my basket underneath is wider and my pendant never flips.

basket2.JPG

basket.JPG

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it moves around more than some pendants because it's dangling from the bail, plus the pointy basket. I wonder if the diamond basket was permanently fixed to the bail it would secure the position. I have a martini pendant from WF (3 prongs that converge at the bottom of the basket) and it doesn't flip around much but the chain is attached at 2 points. So basically I think yours has several issues that make it more flexible.

I would make a design change otherwise it will continue to turn on it's side and annoy the heck out of you...and hide your beautiful pendant.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant. I have a pendant that hangs from a single bale like yours, and it likes to lie on its side as well. My pendants that have the so-called "rabbit ears" split bale do tend to face forward better. :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant! :love: :love: :love:

I think the thing to do about the flipping would be to have Them change out the basket for a low sitting one with a square base. They could make it so you really couldn't tell from the front it was changed. Another thing that might help would be to make the bail opening narrower. It looks like it could accomodate a much thicker chain that you're using.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is very pretty. I find the split bail pendants don't tend to roll like that.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful pendant, with a great story and sentiment behind it. I would call Brian an ask if there is any adjustment that can
be done to the piece to help prevent the flipping problem. Maybe there is a simple solution.

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses, and suggestions! I love the PS community, because you all understand, and don't scoff, at questions regarding the minutia of how we like our jewelery. It's nice to be understood, and have a discussion with like-minded people! Thanks!

athenaworth I think I will show Lesley the back of your pendant, and ask if mine can be modified in that style. It looks like the perfect solution. Thanks so much for posting the pics!

I will post a follow-up when I have one. Thanks again everyone!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and such a touching reminder of your father!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The pendant is SO GORGEOUS!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, and a beautiful forever keepsake from your Dad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results