shape
carat
color
clarity

New design for promise ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
I''m just sitting here being bored, thinking... once I get that beautiful engagment ring... what am I to do with my current promise ring? I don''t to just keep wearing it because then it will look like I have an engagment ring on both hands... so I''m just sitting here daydreaming.. what If I where to take that diamond have it reset with two small Tourmaline pear shaped stones, one on each side. (w/ the round part towards the diamond and the point away) Tourmaline is my baby''s birthstone, he hates it (because it''s pink) but as you can tell I love pink! I thought the idea would be cute because I would still have my orignal stone and his birthstone in one. That way it wouldnt look so much like an engament ring. I tried to find some settings... (not to purchase now, just to get a picture for my imagination...) but I couldn''t find any that were exactly what I''m thinking about. The promise ring I have now is a 1/3 princess cut, so the tourmaline pears I would like to find under 1/4 ct. and in white gold. Nothing expensive, just something to have as a keepsake. Below is the link to the promise ring I currently have,if you click on the heading engagment & wedding, then "princess plus" it''s the first one on the page. I do love the way the band is, however it is now pretty beating up towards the back, so i think my new design would be great... What do you all think? If anyone knows where I can find a setting like the one I describe, or a place that would custom make one, please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/6.gif[/img]18480320662/ret/1-41/startNum/0/rangeNum/8:2o8h065d]http://store.littmanjewelers.com/escalate/store/CategoryPage/pls/littmanjewelers/bc/littmanjewelers/cc/1-41/clist/014b8032fc8818480320662/ret/1-41/startNum/0/rangeNum/8

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I cannot get your link to load up...
7.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Darn, I can''t see it either
8.gif

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Hmm... sorry about that, it works for me. I don''t know whats up with it. If anyone really wants to see the promise ring I have now, you can just go to www.littmanjewelers.com click on engagment and wedding, then princess plus, it''s the first one at the top. I''m just looking for opinions on what I could do with the stone, I''d hate for it to have to sit in my jewelery box!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
It totally makes sense to not want to just leave it in a jewellery box and never wear it after you get your engagement ring, but just in case not changing it is an option - it would be kind of cool to keep it aside, and if you ever have a daughter you could give it to her on her 16th (or some other birthday) ... it would be kind of sweet for her to have the ring that her dad first promised her mom they''d spend the rest of their lives together with!

Otherwise I think pink tourmaline sides would be very cool!! I haven''t seen a pic of what you''re thinking but it sounds beautiful
1.gif

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
That is a great idea, I did think of that too. I just always thought since I''d keep the orignial setting I could always have it put back in what that time comes, then just get a diffrent stone for my setting. This is all just some wishful thinking, I don''t have the extra money right now to do it. I''m going to be more than happy once I get the e-ring, so I have all the time in the world to think about the new setting for the old stone. Thanks for you input, I''ll have to give this all some more thought. This site is turning me jewelery crazy!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know just how you feel. My BF has given me a number of rings since we started dating when were first off at school he gave me a three stone princess cut ring only it wasnt really three stone each "stone" was made up of four smaller stones. I love the ring
emlove.gif
and I will always tresure the fact that after 8 monthes he knew we would be getting married someday.
face16.gif
However becuase it looks so much like an engagment ring I dont really feel comfertable wearing it. I have been wondering if it is possible to take the stones and make them into a thin band or something like that.
33.gif
I just dont know who to ask and I dont want to ask until I have a general idea of how much it would cost beucase why waste someone elses time? I am curious to see what you do with yours...I had thought about saving this one for our child but 1) I only want one child and I am praying/hoping/wishing it will be a boy 2) I have the ring he gave me the first time he told me he was going to marry me 3) there have been many lovely rings given to me by my BF and my father and my family already has jewlery that my possible daughter would be getting on 16th that is about 1000 times nicer...though she wouldnt ever be allowed to wear it. I never do I am always afraid of it getting lost or hurt.
32.gif

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
That''s exactly how I feel. Unfortunaly, If I decide to re-set it wonl''t be any time soon, I''m just thinking ahead. I don''t even have the e-ring yet! However, if I do ever change it, you''ll be the frist to know!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results