shape
carat
color
clarity

New Bond Street Jewellers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, what a day!

Well, I popped up to New Bond Street to drop something off for restringing and just happened to be next to Graff, Aspreys, Bulgari etc so FI was forced to look at diamonds
31.gif

It was amazing - I have never really spent much time up there before, but the sun was shining and boy did it make things sparkle. Graff had a 75ct pear in the window that FI reckons nearly blinded him! Graff kindly puts the specs in the window which helps measure just how many lotteries one needs to win before shopping there.
8.gif

I was so wishing you guys were there too - it was a total bling fest.

Later we went into Mappin & Webb because I wanted to try on wedding bands. I was so positive that I was going to get a plain band, but it looked terrible. FI said I have to get another channel set band - hey, that boy is getting well trained
31.gif
- so I tried on some half eternities that looked really good. Hooray more diamonds for Pandora.

I got the sales assistant to try them on together for me (I judge better looking at things that way rather than down at my hand!), and she told me how much she loved my "emerald" ring. She was really shocked when I said it wasn''t an emerald and she had never even heard of a tsavorite - she even got me to spell it for her! It''s scary how little even big jewellers like Mappin & Webb educate their staff. Anyway I gave her the full Tsavorite 101 which she was fascinated by - especially the bit about Campbell Bridges and his wife living in a treehouse for 5 years and having a python guard all the bling!

I was really useful as I will now be able to ask Wink to make me a band to match the e-ring when it goes back in a couple of weeks (problems shipping so am getting FI to post in the US when he''s over for work in a few weeks.)

Anyhow, didn''t get as far as the Crown Jewels today - so off there tomorrow. How many sparklies can one girl see in a weekend!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/2/2007 2:07:41 PM
Author:Pandora II
Oh my, what a day!

Well, I popped up to New Bond Street to drop something off for restringing and just happened to be next to Graff, Aspreys, Bulgari etc so FI was forced to look at diamonds
31.gif

It was amazing - I have never really spent much time up there before, but the sun was shining and boy did it make things sparkle. Graff had a 75ct pear in the window that FI reckons nearly blinded him! Graff kindly puts the specs in the window which helps measure just how many lotteries one needs to win before shopping there.
8.gif

Later we went into Mappin & Webb because I wanted to try on wedding bands. I was so positive that I was going to get a plain band, but it looked terrible. FI said I have to get another channel set band - hey, that boy is getting well trained
31.gif
- so I tried on some half eternities that looked really good. Hooray more diamonds for Pandora.

I got the sales assistant to try them on together for me (I judge better looking at things that way rather than down at my hand!), and she told me how much she loved my ''emerald'' ring. She was really shocked when I said it wasn''t an emerald and she had never even heard of a tsavorite - she even got me to spell it for her! It''s scary how little even big jewellers like Mappin & Webb educate their staff. Anyway I gave her the full Tsavorite 101 which she was fascinated by - especially the bit about Campbell Bridges and his wife living in a treehouse for 5 years and having a python guard all the bling!

I was really useful as I will now be able to ask Wink to make me a band to match the e-ring when it goes back in a couple of weeks (problems shipping so am getting FI to post in the US when he''s over for work in a few weeks.)

Anyhow, didn''t get as far as the Crown Jewels today - so off there tomorrow. How many sparklies can one girl see in a weekend!
If you have a chance..., check out Leviev''s window on N. Bond Street... (accross the street from Graff, a bit more to the left...)
It impressed me even more than Graff.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 4:50:57 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 6/2/2007 2:07:41 PM
Author:Pandora II
Oh my, what a day!

31.gif

8.gif

31.gif

I got the sales assistant to try them on together for me (I judge better looking at things that way rather than down at my hand!), and she told me how much she loved my ''emerald'' ring. She was really shocked when I said it wasn''t an emerald and she had never even heard of a tsavorite - she even got me to spell it for her! It''s scary how little even big jewellers like Mappin & Webb educate their staff. Anyway I gave her the full Tsavorite 101 which she was fascinated by - especially the bit about Campbell Bridges and his wife living in a treehouse for 5 years and having a python guard all the bling!

If you have a chance..., check out Leviev''s window on N. Bond Street... (accross the street from Graff, a bit more to the left...)
It impressed me even more than Graff.
Thanks this sounds like fun - I know what I am going to do on my next trip to the city.
9.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Next door to Leviev (on the right)..., you can see some serious ''bling'' at Mousaieff''s.
A big supplier of jewelry to the Middle East...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They had some amazing things too - trust me I did every window in about 300m each direction!

Yellow Sparkles - there were so many gorgeous yellow diamonds today, you will be in heaven! Let me know if you are brave enough to go in!

I was quite dressed up today and still barely walked into Mappin & Webb. How does one go into those places? Do the sales people mind if you are just there to oggle?

Yellow is my favourite colour and for years I thought I wanted a yellow sapphire or diamond for my e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results