shape
carat
color
clarity

New birb baby

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got our new sun conure about three weeks ago and omg is she a snuggle bug. She is still weaning, so I feed her by syringe three times a day. She is starting to eat many foods now, so I should cut down to twice a day, but it's great bonding:) She's like a little puppy. We love her so much....

IMG_20191210_105428.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww! :kiss2:

What a sweetheart.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a doll! I'm so envious. Please post lots more pics as she grows up and learns things. I would have a bird in a heartbeat, but DH's respirologist says no way. :(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's beautiful! <3

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a doll! I'm so envious. Please post lots more pics as she grows up and learns things. I would have a bird in a heartbeat, but DH's respirologist says no way. :(

I hear you! The larger parrots produce more dander. I splurged and got a rabbit air hepa filter. I have asthma. I was using an inhaler twice a day when I got her, after I started running it I am breathing better than I was before I even got her.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That baby birdie needs lots of kisses ... on her beak and on her tummy! :love:

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks so sweet @soxfan. You must be thrilled she’s a snuggle bug.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww what a sweetheart ❤️
Congratulations @soxfan on your new baby birdie. ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Goshorama what a sweet lil fuzzball!

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwwww!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is beautiful - enjoy all the snuggles!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
SO adorable! More photos please!!:kiss2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s such a precious baby!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I love her bright and cheerful coloring! That will brighten a cold grey winter for sure! Have you named her yet?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think it's a she? Won't know till DNA test comes back but she has a brother, and his owner said she's almost 100% sure she is a she. LOL!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely adorable!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a sweetheart. She's gorgeous! I remember those syringe feeding times. What a special time between you and your baby.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I was totally wondering what the heck was a "birb baby" hahaha

But congratulations! Birdies can be the most lovey and cuddly creatures despite the larger societies misconceptions. :kiss2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, those pics are soooooo cute! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a snuggle bug! She’s a cutie!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh, a new baby :D:D:D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Birdies can be the most lovey and cuddly creatures despite the larger societies misconceptions. :kiss2:

+1

BTW " larger society's misconceptions" are not misconceptions.
They are accurate.

Unfortunately they are the result of the vast majority of people who acquire a parrot without doing their homework.
Most assume parrots are like dogs, especially when they witness an example of a well-socialized parrot, a very rare thing.
Most pet parrots do not work out, but it is NOT the birds' fault; it's the humans'.

My conure Bibi goes everywhere with me (except work) ... to the delight and education of zillions.
I'm a companion-birdie evangelist, though Bibi and I don't knock on doors with tracts. ;-)

Unlike dogs parrots have NOT been selective bred and domesticated for zillions of generations to please humans.
Even hand-raised parrots, who are cuddle bunnies as chicks, are 99.9% wild animals.
You have to learn tons, modify your home, and educate your family to meet their needs as they mature.
While not easy, but it is totally worth it!

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
+1

BTW " larger society's misconceptions" are not misconceptions.
They are accurate.

Unfortunately they are the result of the vast majority of people who acquire a parrot without doing their homework.
Most assume parrots are like dogs, especially when they witness an example of a well-socialized parrot, a very rare thing.
Most pet parrots do not work out, but it is NOT the birds' fault; it's the humans'.

My conure Bibi goes everywhere with me (except work) ... to the delight and education of zillions.
I'm a companion-birdie evangelist, though Bibi and I don't knock on doors with tracts. ;-)

Unlike dogs parrots have NOT been selective bred and domesticated for zillions of generations to please humans.
Even hand-raised parrots, who are cuddle bunnies as chicks, are 99.9% wild animals.
You have to learn tons, modify your home, and educate your family to meet their needs as they mature.
While not easy, but it is totally worth it!

Yes, I'm well aware!
I grew up around a Quaker parrot & a sun conure.
The Quaker "Tinker" & I were best friends growing up and we'd lay on the couch watching tv while he'd lay in my neck crease on his back. That boy and I were quite the pair.
He'd always try to clean my teeth and stick his little head in my mouth!
He wasn't fond of others but never bit...although nobody in our household did anything that might provoke an attack.

While I agree with what you're saying I think that you misinterpreted the phrase I used. I used that phrase as in our society mainly doesn't think of birds as loving creatures capable of performing acts of it...when they in fact are and do. Like with any animal its important to be a well informed pet owner and truly study up on the prospective pet. Will their base line temperment work for your environment...etc, etc.
It truly does come down to the owner, birds are a whole notha thang entirely!
I feel bad for the man who buys a parrot expecting a dog.....or the ones that think their bird comes all sweet and tame bahahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results