shape
carat
color
clarity

New addition to the Ladies in Waiting!

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies how's everyone doing tonight? I'm just writing to introduce myself (and procrastinate from my schoolwork) and join the waiting list. I love the idea of a waiting list; and I'm on a list on another site, Wedding Bee. That's where I first heard about Pricescope, btw. This is such a great resource for jewelry lovers (like me!)

Anyway, about me: I'm a part time grad student from the northern Philly burbs. My darling SO and I have been together going on 8 years, yes 8! We're not "young" either (I'm 29 and he's 37), so the time for an engagement is fast approaching! Luckily for him, he met me when I had just graduated college and I was just trying to sort myself out and figure out what I was going to do "when I grew up". 8 years later I still have no idea but he's been there for me every step of the way and I love him for it. I'd say marriage only started popping up on my radar over the past 1.5-2 years, after I realized that I wasn't so young anymore and some of my friends started having babies and others were getting engaged. After lots of talks, tears and finally, ring shopping, I'm thrilled to say that I'm in a happy waiting phase that should hopefully be over by the end of the year!

Nice to meet you all :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Nice to meet you Daisycakes! Glad to have you here! :wavey:

Do you and your SO live together? Do you want babies in the future? You mentioned babies and I have been on a total baby kick lately. My SO just shakes his head at me. Someday!

Just curious. :bigsmile:

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
Hi there! Yes we do live together..it's been about 2 years now. And yes I've got baby fever bad! The only thing keeping me sane is that I'm in grad school. Otherwise I would probably be crazed with wanting a baby! I have 3 friends that had babies in 2012! I keep telling my SO that our kids aren't going to have any friends because they're going to be so much younger than my friends kids!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!! How'd you meet your BF? Any ring preferences yet? What are you in grad school for?

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
thanks for the welcome! I met my BF (C) through my best friend, who's dating his best friend! REALLY small world, right? Back in my college clubbing days (maybe 2004), my bff met this guy (G) and they hit it off; we always hung out with him and his friends, but never met my current BF. Labor day 2005, we're all out having a good time, and I see him out of the corner of my eye. He's totally checking me out, but he says nothing, and I drunkenly forget all about it, til we're on the way home and G is telling me all about a great love connection he's about to set up for me with C because C is so awesome and blah blah...so the next day we all go over to Cs house and the rest is history. Never been without this guy since then. So weird and amazing at the same time. I met him and just knew. But, I was also 21 and not really looking for anything serious. so that's that. We're a circle of 2 bffs dating 2 bffs. :appl:

My ring preferences have changed alot in the past year, but I always knew I wanted something "different,"so no round and no princess. When I first starting internet looking on mall jewelry store websites, I had no idea what amazing options I'd have. I originally fell in love with a cushion cut diamond ring by Neil Lane at Kay. When I finally went to go see it, though, I was so sad because it looked terrible on me (too chunky maybe, and it sat way too high) and that for $7500, the center stone wasn't as beautiful as I'd expect. So, then I realized that I'd have to do some research. I used to work at a mall jewelry store and I know a little bit about diamonds, and I loved the idea of knowing as much as possible. So i started looking around a LOT. That's how I found this site and once i did, it all went downhill from there lol because I knew that if I had to do this much research, what was my poor BF going to do, especially when I told him not to look at the 2 most popular shapes in the world? And on top of that, if I didn't know what was going to look good on me, how was he supposed to know? I think it's really important for girls to get a say in their ER if they want it. Anyway, I think when Blake Lively got married was when I KNEW that I wanted an oval! I saw that ring (http://24.media.tumblr.com/3851644b4d08c2445e13e6c1a35a0ea0/tumblr_mharlnPmDg1rmin3fo1_500.jpg) and that was it. Must. Have. Oval.

So I went all over town on recon missions to find great options, but it was hard to find something in the size I wanted (at least 1 ct, hopefully more) for a "reasonable" price. The first ring I tried on was this one , at Bailey Banks and Biddle, a high end store love_this_.jpg . We finally went ring shopping together in March and I found a great oval, 1.43 ct, E SI 1 (totally eye clean) that I LOVED! It was amazing. And the setting is a split shank 3 stone with no halo, which is pretty much what I didn't want, but when they put it on me at the store, I started crying. So, I believe that's what I'm waiting on..darling BF is making payments on it now. But I think he was hinting that the stone we both loved in March was gone when he finally went back in May to make a purchase, so I'm a little nervous about the new stone, but I guess I'll have to trust him and hope for the best! wow..that was a lot of talking!

I'm in grad school for Global/International Education. I'm hoping to work at a university in maybe a study abroad office or international admissions :)

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! It sounds like you guys were just meant to be together. I can't wait to hear more about your journey.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I'm sure you and your BFF and your BFs have lots of fun together...do you guys double date a lot, or go on trips together? Ovals are so lovely and elegant, I really wish there were more of them around!

PS how neat that your carat weight came out to 1.43...I know some people use it as a short cut for "I love you" (one letter, 4 letters, 3 letters) so there's a neat bonus if you didn't already know!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW! :wavey:

I visit WB too, but I'm not a member (I've probably lurked your threads)! I also read all of the WB blogs, I'm addicted.

I love the way you met, and that you are a couple of couples! One of my good friends and her husband are MoF and BM for each of their best friends in their upcoming wedding. I think thats so fun!

Do you know how long the ring payments will take? How exciting! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so awesome! I love going on group dates. Sometimes it's boring with just the SO! :lol: I love Blake Lively's ring too. I hope your SO was able to snag that 1.43! When I was reading your post last night at work, I had the same thought as PandaBee!

"143, I la-la-lav you!"
http://youtu.be/A-1oeOz2TAs

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
Hanks everyone! Our friends live in Florida now so we try to go there at least once a year but when they were near us we were together pretty much all.the.time! I miss those days a lot.

Sooo how did I not know about this 143 business?? That's too cute! I have no idea how long the payments will take...he won't tell me. I guess he's still trying to surprise me with a proposal..who knows!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results