shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.76 ct Whiteflash shared prong eternity is here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Let me start off by saying that I love the ring - it is very beautiful, and I''m so glad I went with the 8 pointers - they are a perfect size. However, I think that I may have to send it back because there was a problem with the sizing, and some of the prongs are crooked, which I just noticed while taking pics. So, while I totally love it, I think it''s going to need to go back for repairs - however, I do love the look of the ring, and am so glad I went with a shared prong eternity. I will also say that Whiteflash has been great to work with on this.

Here is the pic from WF:

wfpic1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the first pic of the ring on my finger. I wear a 5 usually, but it was suggested to me to order a 5.25. Since the size 5 would have had 20 stones, I thought they would make the ring with 21. Instead, they used 22 stones, and it's closer to 5.5, instead of 5.25. I brought it to my local jeweler today to have the size checked, and he confirmed that it's larger than I wanted. So as you can see, it's way too big for my finger, and they're going to need to remake it with one less diamond at least:

et10.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pic:

et2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a profile shot - you can see how the ring is way too big. Also, is this the normal "height" of an eternity? I feel like the ones that I tried on at Tiffanys were lower, but maybe it was just that they fit better (size 5):

etprofile1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, here is a shot of my wedding band which I will move to my right hand, and wear with this micropave WG ring. I really like this look. I also have two rose gold micropave rings that are the same as the one shown here - sometimes I can wear the asscher band with one RG band on each side.

oldbands1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about the problems Vespergirl
7.gif
But the ring is stunning - I love it
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the band on it''s side, where you can see the crooked prongs up by the 12 o clock position. Am I being too picky about this? They look very bent to me.

crooked10.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic from the flip side - prongs look bent between the 12 - 2 o clock position. Is this normal for an eternity ring?

crooked20.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 4:51:41 PM
Author: vespergirl
Here''s a profile shot - you can see how the ring is way too big. Also, is this the normal ''height'' of an eternity? I feel like the ones that I tried on at Tiffanys were lower, but maybe it was just that they fit better (size 5):
Tiffany and Memoire are the ones that are set lowest. That''s why I usually recommend those. I''m sure this one is pretty, though!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It looks absolutely STUNNING with your ering!!!!
30.gif
I can see what you mean about the bent prongs but I''m not sure if that''s typical or not. I hope you get it back quickly, it truly is GORGEUOS!!!!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 5:00:20 PM
Here''s a pic from the flip side - prongs look bent between the 12 - 2 o clock position. Is this normal for an eternity ring?
Not normal and you are not being too picky. Quality control should have caught the prong issue.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh it looks beautiful, I do see what you mean about the prongs, and I hope you get your ring back soon .... again..

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful but I totally noticed the crooked prongs without even reading where they were and that''s that I''m about the least picky person when it comes to those things. I hope they''re able to fix and return it quickly.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 5:08:15 PM
Author: beach
Date: 4/22/2009 5:00:20 PM

Not normal and you are not being too picky. Quality control should have caught the prong issue.

ditto.

i hope you can get it fixed. it''s a great size + looks great on you!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feedback everyone. I spoke to the folks at Whiteflash, and they said that I should send the ring back & they will call me about repairs once they see it.

I do want to ask about the height though - does that look too high to you guys, or about right?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, what a great band!! I love the look with your e-ring too, so classic and beautiful!

I think that once this band is sized properly you won''t notice the height as much. It doesn''t look overly tall to me.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I think it''ll be perfect once its sized down.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vespergirl,
I think it is really pretty (I''m sure they can fix the little issues). I compared the thickness with the facets
collection and it does seem a tad bit thicker. Theirs is 2.3 mm thick. Here is the link:
http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3771

I think after they get the size right that the height of the ring probably wont be such an issue. Its going to
be beautiful with your ering!

Tyty

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vesper, I think your ring is beautiful and I think the height will be right when you have your right size. One thing I can tell you about Whiteflash''s sizing is that it is off by 1/4 size. I ordered my five stone in a 6 and my ring is a 6 1/4. I''ve never done anything about it because I didn''t want my ring flying back across the country again, but my ring fits my finger kind of cocked on an angle too, because it''s a little to big. The only time it fits right is during the most humid days of July and August. Jewelers say every mandrel is different. I guess they are.

Congrats on your new ring though. I think it''s beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the classic look of the band with your ering! The prongs definitely shouldn''t be like that but I''m sure WF will fix that. If you really want the ring to sit lower, I would address that issue with them now before they start the remake and see what they can do.

We''ll be waiting for new pics when it''s all done!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I would have it set a little lower too. I think it''s beautiful but it''s just a smidge taller then your e-ring. The size of the stones look fabulous with your ring though.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a shame about the prongs and sizing. It must be annoying to have to send it back again. How long will you have to wait to have it fixed?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
vesper: your eternity band is gorgeous! I do see what you mean about the prongs and truthfully that would drive me crazy as wel. Once everything is completed your ring will be perfection!!!

ETA: I did notice from searching here on PS that the WF eternity bands are a tad bit thicker than others. Diamondseeker mentioned earlier that Tiffany and Memoire have the lowest profile eternity bands. However, I think WF might be able to remedy that problem for you, so I'd ask them to look as that as well when they get the ring back.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh vespergirl - first, let me say I''m sorry you have to send it back. I know it''s so dissappointing to wait all that time and when it arrives, it''s not perfect. By the way, girl, you have one fabulous solitaire. Geez!

Second, no, you are not being picky. Those prongs are crooked and absolutely shoud not be that way. I think they quality control is usually much better. This must have just slipped through the cracks.

Third, as far as the height, this ring looks very similar to the eternity band I had from WF before my recent uternity band (except that yours has 8 pt. stones and mine only had itty bitty 3 pt. stones!) I think the only "scalloped" eternity bands (I''m sure that''s not a technical term...) I''ve seen that sit super low are the memoire bands. But I agree that once it''s the correct size, I''m guessing it won''t seem to sit so high. Sounds like they have to totally remake the ring if they''re making it smaller (with one less stone). I hope they''ll get it to you extra fast.

Can''t wait to see it back on your hand! Hugs!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Having that extra diamond adds a whole lot to the "height" of the ring. The same exact thing happened with my first eternity band from facets. I ordered a 21 stone 7-pointer band in a size 4.5. They sent me a really high 22 stone 7 pointer that measured 4.75. I sent it back and got a super "low" 21 stone that fit perfectly!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry that you have to send your ring back but I think you made the right decision in doing so. I am sure that WF would not want you walking around with a ring that you were not 100% happy with. The prongs and size would totally bug me as well. I agree with everyone else that it will sit alot lower once it is the right size. Maybe they have plastic ring sizers and can send you a 5 and a 5.25 and you can figure out exactly the size you need. I am sure WF will do everything in their power to make it right for you.

Let this be a QC lesson for them.....they must know that we all take pics in super macro mode and will see flaws like the prongs and will not be happy. I am sure this was a fluke but I bet they will beef up the QC a bit to try and make sure it doesn''t happen again.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I actually spoke to Vera at Whiteflash today, and she was great. She told me to just send it back to them with a ring that I want to it fit like - any costume or silver piece that fits correctly, so that they can size it to a ring that I like, instead of just using a number. I guess that a lot of those sizers are not totally the same. So, tomorrow I''m going to try to send it back with a ring of the correct size, and hopefully that should solve the problem.

As far as the height goes, the only rings that I tried on were Tiffany and Memoire, which may be why I remembered them sitting lower. Still, I don''t mind if it''s slightly "higher" on the sides than my ering, as long as it fits properly. WF made this for me as a custom peice "inspired" by the Memoire ring, so it should be very similar to that one. I had asked during the CAD process if the ring would sit very low, & I was assured that it would, but I agree that the fact that the ring is too big is probably part of why it''s too thick right now.

It is disappointing that I probably won''t get it back for a little while, but this was supposed to be an anniversary gift, and our anniversary isn''t until May anyway, so I''ll probably get it back around the time I needed it by anyway.

Thanks again, and I''ll let you know how it goes!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s lovely--hope it comes back to you soon!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really pretty, I love the proportions with your e-ring.
I can see where the prongs are bent, and it does look too big. Hopefully you will get it back soon.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I don''t think you''re being too picky though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results