Trade
The day the Eagle cried.

The day the flag rose.

crying.jpg

_38175.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The day the evil hit us square in the face.

_38177.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The buildings are falling

_38179.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The buildings fell.

_38180.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
But the flag rose

_38181.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
They ran in.

_38182.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never forget.

canada_and_us.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Far fewer survived to walk away.

_38183.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
God bless the USA!

godbless.jpg

_38184.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
NEVER FORGET!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lord
Bless and comfort the families affected by the September 11th attacks.
Keep them safe and hold them in your loving arms.
Let them know that we are thinking of them this day.

Lord I ask your protection for those fighting terrorism all over the world.
Guard them and protect them and keep them safe.

Lord please bless America and keep her safe.

In Jesus’ name
Amen!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The in some ways overlooked victims.

_38185.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Memorial Stone at the Flt 93 crash site in Shanksville, PA reads:
LETS ROLL- Those gallant passengers and flight crew members of United Airlines Flight 93 on September 11, 2001,
defeated the coward terrorist hijackers and their intended purpose. -
Blessed are the peacemakers...
for their heroism has allowed freedom to go on ringing. WE HONOR YOU

_38186.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We remember!!!!!!

_38187.jpg

n2209286417_0.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for posting this, Karl. I wait for it every September 11. I may say it every year, but the photos of the firemen always get to me the most. I remember seeing them in their heavy gear going up the stairs as everyone else who could get down the stairs got down them. It is hard to imagine such heroism. Lord, please hear my prayer as well.

Deb

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you posting this. I will never forget. Bless those brave heroes.

Marcy

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never heard that song before, Karl. Thank you for posting it, too. When I looked at the last photo you posted, I saw the Tribute in Light in it. Here is an old article about when it was first lit.

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- Where six months ago smoke and ashes darkened the daytime sky over New York, two shafts of bright light pierced the night sky Monday in memory of all those who lost their lives in the September 11 attacks.

The lighting of the 'Tribute in Light' was one of many ceremonies held across the United States. The twin towers of light are meant to represent the fallen twin towers of the World Trade Center. (3D animation)

Located about a block from 'Ground Zero,' the banks of 44 searchlights will remain lit from dusk until 11 p.m. for 32 days and under certain conditions might be seen for up to 25 miles away."

Now the Tribute of Light is lit only once a year.

"The 9/11 Memorial Museum tested out the "Tribute in Light" Wednesday ahead of the anniversary of the attacks.

The tribute first debuted on March 11, 2002, just six months after the attacks.

It has shined bright over Lower Manhattan every year on the solemn anniversary.

The memorial is made up of 88 searchlights positioned to represent the Twin Towers.

They will be lit once again after sundown this Sunday and stay up through the overnight hours until dawn."

tributeinlight.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this again. I look forward to it every year as I remember those who died and the families left behind.

It is hard to believe it has been 15 years. The memory is still so clear.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this Karl.

It made me remember sooner than I might have otherwise.

Thank you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Karl.

15 years ago today. So horrific and still so clear in my mind. Each moment of that day ingrained forever in my mind. What happened feels like a couple of years ago and not 15 years ago.

And how far have we come? I'm not sure we have made much progress.

And for those families who have lost loved ones. :cry: Fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, daughters and sons, aunts and uncles, cousins, best friends and grandparents and grandchildren. The list goes on and on...For the loved ones who were murdered that devastating day their loved ones will never be the same. Their lives forever changed and for them I wonder how long ago that day seems to them. I wonder how they are doing now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this (as you do every year). It takes me back to the Sears Tower, sitting at my desk watching on TV as the second plane hit, right before we evacuated. It's amazing the flood of emotions this all brings back even 15 (!) years later. My heart goes out to the people who lost their lives and their families, and I will forever be thankful to the heros who sacrificed themselves on that day.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Karl.

God bless all and please never forget.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is little chance of anyone who was adult at the time, forgetting 9/11 - it is burned into the collective psyche. The problem now, of course, is a generation is coming of age, for whom that tragedy is something in a history book, along with other events that don't seem to have the power to move. Apart from the fact that putting that film footage on loop is cruel to those who went through it, I think it should be required viewing for every high school kid from here on out. A picture is worth a thousand words, and film even more so - no forgetting those images once seen.

My experience of the day was bit different than most of those who weren't actually there, I think. Obviously I only experienced 9/11 as every other person in the US at the time, and that was a collective horror. But there was a seriously surreal overlay, since I live in Oklahoma City and worked 5 blocks from the Murrah Building in 1995. I was watching the news before work on the day, and when I heard Bryant Gumbel start to report on a plane into a tower, my first thought was, "OMG, not again." I was glued to the set until the second plane hit, and then it was official, yes, again. :((

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesnt get any easier to see what happened that day. It still breaks my heart :(sad .

Q

Queenie60

Karl_K|1473561902|4075037 said:
Lord
Bless and comfort the families affected by the September 11th attacks.
Keep them safe and hold them in your loving arms.
Let them know that we are thinking of them this day.

Lord I ask your protection for those fighting terrorism all over the world.
Guard them and protect them and keep them safe.

Lord please bless America and keep her safe.

In Jesus’ name
Amen!

Thank you Karl - never underestimate the power of prayer - Amen.

And thank you for posting these photos and memories.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting this Karl.
Ted Luckett
Doug Cherry

You are so missed.

Prayers to all that lost loved ones on this day 15 years ago.

We will never forget.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your respectful yearly contribution to the remembrance of 9/11: I read it every year.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will never forget. Karl, I too, cry every time I remember this day and the days that followed. This year was a bit different, as we felt our 11 year old was old enough to see some of the footage and have a discussion about what happened and why (as much as the "why" can be explained). It's something no parent should ever have to explain to their child.

However, the message that we tried to leave our son with was the resilience of the American spirit and the many, many acts of kindness performed by complete strangers for the victims and first responders, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice. May we always remember that too...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, as always, thank you Karl. It still rattles me to the core - life has changed so much since then.

I join you in the prayers for all lost that day and for the future of our nation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results