shape
carat
color
clarity

Nervous LIW.... He''s proposing soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glowgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I am new to PS but have been lurking for quite a long time now. I know my boyfriend of 3 years will be proposing soon. It is no surprise, I just don''t know when. He lives about 8 hours away, so when he asked me what style I want for an ER, we had to resort to the internet. I showed him a radiant cut halo ER. He is on a strict budget since he is in his last semester of school. So I made a few recommendations off of some websites and he chose one. I am really nervous that I may have not done enough research (PS has made me realize how much I didn''t know!). He told me about the one he chose but I''m really worried it will not turn out as I have expected. I think I am just worrying for nothing. I know we took a huge risk ordering from the internet, but since he lives in such a remote area, that was the only way for him finding something I wanted.

Anyone experience this or feel nervous about your ER decision?

Here are the specs on the center stone he chose

1.24 Carat Radiant cut J VS2
6.75 x 5.29 x 4.02
Polish and Symmetry Very Good
Depth 75.9%
Table 65%

Would love to hear from anyone!

Welcome glowgirl!!!
35.gif

Congrats on your upcoming engagement and finding your virtual dream ring! I just wanted to say that I am sure you will absolutely love your e-ring ...just for the sentiment behind it alone. I''ve also learned through my own process that I can completely trust my BF to make solid, educated decisions...especially about such a big purchase!! I don''t know all of the details about my e-ring, but I am pretty sure my BF bought the stone online as well. He was extremely skeptical at first but after spending a lot of time on PS he warmed up to the idea and took the plunge.

Anyway, welcome again! Can you show us pics of this radiant halo??
9.gif

You might get better results on Rocky Talk... but they might need more info.

GOOD LUCK! This is exciting!
36.gif

Thanks sammyj!

I have not seen anything since he wants it to be a surprise. I will post pics as soon as I have ring on hand!

Welcome! I''m new-ish too. You''ll love it here. Sounds like your stay will be short & sweet! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

I can''t say I have had a similar experience as I left it in my boyfriend''s hands to choose the ring to avoid any nerves about being the one who made the choice
32.gif

Date: 2/27/2009 1:16:22 PM
Author: glowgirl
Thanks sammyj!

I have not seen anything since he wants it to be a surprise. I will post pics as soon as I have ring on hand!
I meant the picture you showed him!
2.gif

Welcome GG! Congratulations on finding a ring, that''s the hardest part of the process! I think feeling nervous is a good thing, so long as you don''t feel regretful at all. The description of the ring sounds fine, have you seen a picture of it? Either way, the meaning of your ring will be far more important than any minor concerns you''ll have, so just enjoy these last few weeks/months as a LIW!

PS: I love halos too :)

This is the one I''m partial to.... and I think this is the one he chose.... hope it turns out like picture

ER#2.jpg

This is pretty but I guess i''m not into anything too simple

ER#3.jpg

This split shank is nice but how do you wear a band with it?

er #1.jpg

welcome! and congrats!

Sorry PS fans, I don''t think the pics showed up.... not sure how to place them in the post.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP