shape
carat
color
clarity

Nervous about talking to the parents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nbogert

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I are both 24 and have been together for about 2 and a half years. We moved in together about 6 months ago and things have been going swimmingly. I''ve always been a little bit scared of marraige as my parents had a messy divorce. Nonetheless, I think she''s the one. I can''t imagine spending my life with anyone else. I have gotten to know her parents over the last couple of years and they definately seem to like me. Her father once even told her that he didn''t think she could find a better guy, or so she tells me.

I''ve been happily saving up for an engagement ring and finally bought a great one from WF a few days ago (thanks in part to this forum!) I want to get her parents'' blessing before asking her, but they live about 3 hours away, so dropping in isn''t something I can do easily. We''re going north (near her parents'') tomorrow and I told her I wanted to go spend some time alone with my parents for a couple of hours so she was going to go shopping & meet up with some of her old friends. Now I just need to coordinate a lunchtime with her parents. I picked up my phone a few minutes ago and started to dial her parent''s number when from out of nowhere I started to panic...

What''s wrong? Is this normal? Any words of wisdom here? Thanks!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Its absolutley normal.
Its one thing to think about it, and maybe even plan a few things out and prepare what you want to say, but its another thing to actually go through with it.

It is a scary process and once you had the phone in your hand, you knew this was the moment that will set everything in motion.

But I do think that once you set up a meeting, it will go a bit better. I say that just because it will be harder to back out, so it will push you forward, but also because you made the first initial step.

Take a deep breath and try again, alot of it is in your mind! Think more with your heart, and how you want to be with her!
Good luck!!!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree with EyeElle. I can imagine that it is both exciting and intimidating at the same time.
It makes perfect sense that you''d feel anxious and nervous about it I''m sure more normal than not.

Undoubtedly, her parents will be blessed by your gesture. Once you get talking with them and just tell them how much you love their daughter and want to make her happy, you''ll be giving them a precious gift. Don''t hesitate to be open to their encouragement, questions, and advice. It''ll be much a relief when all is said and done.

Best wishes and know we''re pushing for you!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results