shape
carat
color
clarity

Neoliberal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found this interesting. I don''t read Stanley Fish as often as I should, but I always enjoy him and learn something new when I do.

I''m hoping some of our folks currently engaged in the academic endeavor, either as students or profs, will weigh in on this. Like Fish, I''d not heard the term neoliberal either.

Neoliberalism and Higher Education

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not familiar with the term, but I've been familiar with the concept since high school.

And, as a student of economics, as well as my HS econ teacher getting his degree from Harvard, and keeping the company of many economic conservatives, I can easily view a lot of things in terms of the market. I don't see the the application off market terms to the explanation of human behavior to be very strange.

As well, the complaint that faculty members are “models of moral indifference and civic spectatorship,” is not a new one. In the fields of research I'm more familiar with (computer science and math) we don't really have any idea of social responsibility. Professors and students of business/finance have already taken fire for the lack of responsibility in the academic circle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results