shape
carat
color
clarity

Neiman Marcus Card

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
any PSers have a neiman marcus card? i know they only accept their card, amex, or cash for purchases. how does the neimas marcus card work? are there any monthly fees, membership fees, perks, etc.? i''d like to make a purchase there but don''t know if i want to sign up for their card. just thought i''d see if any PSers have had any (good/bad) experiences using a NM card. thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a NM card, but I think their payment policy is really obnoxious.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I''ve had a Neiman card for a long time. It works pretty much the same as any other department store card. There is no membership fee, and you get reward points that expire after about a year. There are no interest charges if you pay your entire balance right away. I''ve never had trouble with my NM account.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for chiming in, MB. so it''s just a dept. store card not a credit card that can be used at other places (grocery stores, etc.). i know nordstrom and macy''s offer their regular dept. store card then there are other options like a macy''s visa card. does NM give you a discount on your first purchase when you sign up for their card?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless the card counts points and gives you discounts (such as Macy''s) or a $20 certificate (like Nordstrom does) for a certain amount spent, I do not see the advantage of having one. I''m big on only paying cash for clothes. I do have a few dept. store cards, but only use them once or twice a year.

I can see a NM card causing someone to over charge.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sugar -- I have had a NM charge for a couple of years, but I prefer to use AmEx at NM for my cashback rewards. NM did not give a discount off the first purchase but they did send a giftcard which came in the mail about 6 weeks after the my purchase. I think the giftcard amount depends on how much you spend on the first purchase. My first purchase was a Chanel bag so I got a substantial giftcard back. I don''t know if their policy has changed on that. They have also started a perks program where you get cards in the mail for free alterations or discounts (dollars off a certain amount spent) in specific departments.

Hope this helps!
1.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone. labrat, which chanel bag did you get?
31.gif

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 10:03:16 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi! I''ve had a Neiman card for a long time. It works pretty much the same as any other department store card. There is no membership fee, and you get reward points that expire after about a year. There are no interest charges if you pay your entire balance right away. I''ve never had trouble with my NM account.

I have a NM card for a while too. I like to use this card in Neiman Macus Last Call, 5% off every time using it. Sometimes it''s 20% off.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
You mean "Needless Markup" ??
31.gif

I''ve had one for ages.
I used to use it for a few purchases just to get their catalogs, ha!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, does anyone know when their usual sale/promotional events are? i know they have double points events sometimes, gift cards, and also "two buy two" promotions. do those promos come around annually or more often? i''m planning to make somewhat of a big purchase and i''m not in a rush so i could wait for something that would help me save a buck or two!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have one. I have been happy with it. You can get a free dessert in their restaurant if you are in their InCircle program.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Have one, nothing really special or different about them than any other store card - no fee, sale perks here and there, reward points, and catalogs. Though I guess the holiday catalog is always interesting to see (famous for items such as a french castle, a football field, etc...)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one...and also have a (relatively) funny story about mine. I was in Neiman Marcus here in Virginia a few years ago and wanted to buy my daughter a pair of shoes. I applied for a card on the spot but refused to give my social security number. I don''t know...I was just in one of those moods. One of those: you don''t need my darned social security number, you''re not deducting from my wages moments.

At any rate, I was stubborn and we were about to have one of those showdowns at High Noon when somehow the management realized (and told me) that I already had a Neiman Marcus card and thus didn''t have to apply for another one. I didn''t carry it, you see, so I didn''t remember ever getting it. But it allowed me to purchase the shoes.

AGBF
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results