shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help! Broken engagement, want to buy a "self love" ring!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the same position 13 years ago and also bought myself an “unengagement” ring! I’ve since broke it down and used the stones for other things but at the time it made me feel a lot better.

I’ve got two kids now and have been married for 11 years by the way (to someone else!). Things will get better I promise.

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I was in the same position 13 years ago and also bought myself an “unengagement” ring! I’ve since broke it down and used the stones for other things but at the time it made me feel a lot better.

I’ve got two kids now and have been married for 11 years by the way (to someone else!). Things will get better I promise.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I definitely find it encouraging to hear that other's have gone through a similar thing and have found happiness again. I also love that you call it a "unengagement" ring :razz:

I truly hope that I can find love again- and hopefully have children one day. Although, biology my not be on my side :lol:.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing your story! I definitely find it encouraging to hear that other's have gone through a similar thing and have found happiness again. I also love that you call it a "unengagement" ring :razz:

I truly hope that I can find love again- and hopefully have children one day. Although, biology my not be on my side :lol:.

Never say never.
I divorced my first husband after years and years of him stalling on having children. Wait until we get a house, wait until we get more savings, wait until we get better jobs, wait until next year until finally he admitted he had basically lied to me, he had never had any desire for children and was waiting for me to “get over it”.
There I was 39 and divorced.
At 40 I was remarried and with a daughter. Just the one.
20 years later, still Happily married.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
it will get better in time. My engagement was broken a few weeks before my wedding. Out of the blue, my fiance called me on the phone and said he can't go through with it.
I had a gown, invitations, everything and I was utterly devastated.
I thought i would never stop crying.

2 years later I met my wonderful husband & my heart was full of joy. Now 18 years & 6 kids later i am so thankful.

@autumngems your kindness was so moving !

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an unbelievable thread! @mizzbutterfly I too am sorry for the heartbreak but things do happen for a reason and there is so much more life ahead for you! Hang in there until wonderful things come into play for you.

@autumngems, your kindness and generosity are unsurpassed! A giving heart is such a beautiful thing to witness - thank you for bringing hope and bling to this poster!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!

I am happy to say that the ring is in the mail and @mizzbutterfly should have it Saturday. She picked a lovely Amethyst. We received a lovely donated setting from another PS'er that the stone was set into. I don't want to put that name out there as they may not want me to so I will leave it up to them, but it was a pleasure to work with both of the ladies.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Never say never.
I divorced my first husband after years and years of him stalling on having children. Wait until we get a house, wait until we get more savings, wait until we get better jobs, wait until next year until finally he admitted he had basically lied to me, he had never had any desire for children and was waiting for me to “get over it”.
There I was 39 and divorced.
At 40 I was remarried and with a daughter. Just the one.
20 years later, still Happily married.

Almost the same thing happened to me. After ten years of marriage, 7 of which he was stringing along the idea of children (and the never ending list of "wait until"s), I divorced him. I got remarried three years later and one year after that I had my daughter. Still so very happily married.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently made the decision to end my engagement too. 2020 can’t be over with soon enough.

Good thing bling is forever!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful @mizzbutterfly! The ring is gorgeous! It looks so beautiful on your hand...I love that you matched your nail polish to that beautiful amethyst! I hope you look at it every day and know that you are strong and will get through this rough period. Thank you @autumngems and the other PS’er that were so generous! ❤️

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, beautiful ring! That color purple is just uplifting! I wish you all the best @mizzbutterfly. Please enjoy your beautiful ring and know that brighter days are ahead of you! @autumngems and the other PS'er who gave the setting, what big hearts you have! I think all on this thread have benefitted from your generosity as well.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Don't look back from this person. The idea that any person would forcibly remove anything from you, you definitely did dodge a bullet. Remember to reach out, you aren't alone.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
the ring turned out so beautifully. the sentiment behind it and what the ring truly represents is most touching

may it be a daily reminder to love and cherish oneself. and that there are wonderful, caring, kind hearted, altruistic individuals among us ...

thank you to @autumngems and to the person that donated the setting. thank you for coming together to help @mizzbutterfly during her time of need. may she see better days

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! And even more lovely is the well wishes and friendship with which it was gifted. I hope it brings you much happiness.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful conclusion! I am so sorry you are going through at all but glad you found a little something to make it easier.

I had 2 broken engagements. Neither acrimonious but still awful to go through. I gave the rings back both times. It didn't occur to me find something else to wear and I did a lot of hand hiding. The 2nd time was worse than the 1st just because I had to tell my family and friends AGAIN. I felt like I was the common denominator and it would never happen. Also, what was I gonna do with 2 wedding dresses?

3rd time was a charm, although I hope no one else has to go through this more than once.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results