shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help! Broken engagement, want to buy a "self love" ring!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
Big hugs to you. Time doesn't make things go away, but just makes them easier to deal with. He didn't deserve you.

<3 Thank you!!!! Currently, time is going by very slowly. Every minute feels like hours and a day feels like a year lol

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way. I am sorry for you going through this on top of all the things that are happening now. I do think that if you are wanting a self-love ring and it would help make you smile and think of happier future forward thoughts then by all means go forward in making that purchase. Here’s something I found on Etsy- and in your budget!

or how about this ring?

DanielM are beautiful rings and quality settings/stones. If you have a particular color Ammy you like, I would inquire if he had a color gems of that particular hue. I have found him quite through in his communication when he helped me with a custom ring.

Sending good vibes your way! We are here for YOU!

-C4C

The amethyst is SOOO CUTE! THANKS!!!!!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
So sorry for what you’re going through. I went through a broken engagement myself and found it very hard to get used to not wearing a ring anymore, even though I was the one who initiated the breakup. I bought a pretty diamond and sapphire 7 stone band to wear as a right hand ring and it was so nice to have something sparkly to look at. I soon met my now husband after I started wearing my self-love ring.

The best part is, no one will ever be able to “forceably” take away this self love ring away from you! I really think you’ve dodged a bullet and are so lucky to have had this happen before a wedding or children (that’s what I told myself). Even if it might not feel that way right now, someday you will look back on how strong you were to get through this time and be proud of that strength!

oh @scouty I am so sorry that you also went through a broken engagement! Im so glad that you also bought yourself a ring as well!! And i love that you met your husband <3 That gives me hope!!!!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry you had such a crap experience but like others think he was doing you a favour - because finding out they are a waste of time and energy is much worse further down the track when you have kids and baggage.
I have been looking at this little ring for awhile now..... I know the stone has *everything* wrong with it but it presents well - has natural diamonds and is in gold.
At $225 it’s a good price for a pretty ring to cheer you up so I just thought I might suggest it.
You will find much better quality for your money on LT.

This is such a gorgeous ring! I bought myself a Ruby ring for my 30th birthday to celebrate my birthday, but also it was just as my grandmother had passed away and Rubys were her favorite!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock

This is from a great canadIan site (so the exchange rate is good for you). I just ordered a ring from here myself. I do live in Canada but I’m pretty sure they will ship to the US.

THIS RING IS STUNNING!!!!! Im a Canadian expat and would love to support a Canadian business!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
THIS RING IS STUNNING!!!!! Im a Canadian expat and would love to support a Canadian business!

Glad you like it and are doing something nice for yourself. Time will show you that this guy doesn’t deserve you. Hope you post a pic with your choice showing that blinged out middle finger.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to you xx
I hope you treat yourself to something that make you smile.
Take care.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I hope I am posting this in the right forum.
This is a dreadful time for me. My 1.5 year engagement was called off by my ex-fiancé. He was adamant in wanting my e-ring back... and so I gave it to him, well- he actually forcefully took it. Although in the beginning I thought that the setting was too high, I had grown absolutely in love with it. And now, my left hand is empty and I am having a hard time with it; I find myself walking around hiding my left hand.
I think I have come to the conclusion, that as part of my healing process I'd like to buy myself a ring- not an e-ring, but a "self love" ring with a gem/simulated gem or something to wear on my middle finger on my left hand. I'd love a yellow gold band for this, but as you can imagine, the broken engagement has left me in not the greatest financial position. Ideally, I'd like to spend around $200 USD.

Below are a few rings I like, but the yellow gold is a bit out of reach for me:

Morganite Ring

Green Radiant Moissanite Ring

Purple Amethyst

Or do you think I should just settle for silver? Im hesitant to get anything thats gold filled/vermeil because of durability.

Mizzbutterfly,

Your post touched me. I am in the hobby of collecting loose gemstones. I would like to gift you a loose stone (no strings, no charge) and you would only need to find a setting to put it into. If you are interested please let me know what stones you prefer, I do not have any moissonite or morganite but I have various others.

If you tell me what colors or stones you like I will take some pics of what I have and post them.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Mizzbutterfly,

Your post touched me. I am in the hobby of collecting loose gemstones. I would like to gift you a loose stone (no strings, no charge) and you would only need to find a setting to put it into. If you are interested please let me know what stones you prefer, I do not have any moissonite or morganite but I have various others.

If you tell me what colors or stones you like I will take some pics of what I have and post them.

what a KIND hearted and exceptionally WONDERFUL person you are!!!!!

may your thoughtfulness, empathy and compassion comeback to you tenfold!!!!

big huge enormous {{{HUGS}}}

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not read all the posts in this thread, however, I do not believe anyone has suggested getting a ring from Berricle, as that's what I would do if I were on a tight budget, or get a ring with a Moissy etc...

DK :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hold out on a gold ring if you can. And def scour loupetroop, pawn, other sites, might find something just right. After divorce I sold a number of pieces, and had a ring made. It is nice to have something beautiful to let ok at and enjoy.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way. I am sorry for you going through this on top of all the things that are happening now. I do think that if you are wanting a self-love ring and it would help make you smile and think of happier future forward thoughts then by all means go forward in making that purchase. Here’s something I found on Etsy- and in your budget!

or how about this ring?

DanielM are beautiful rings and quality settings/stones. If you have a particular color Ammy you like, I would inquire if he had a color gems of that particular hue. I have found him quite through in his communication when he helped me with a custom ring.

Sending good vibes your way! We are here for YOU!

-C4C

I second the recommendation of one of DanielM's rings if you decide to go with silver. He uses Argentium silver, a sterling silver alloy that tarnishes much less then most silver. My skin turns ordinary sterling silver (alloyed with copper) black in the blink of an eye, but the Argentium alloy stays clean on my fingers.

L

lydial

Hi, I like vintage settings and chonky big things so these are right up my alley (may not be up yours) they are about budget and in size 5 and are step cuts! Good luck shopping:)

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
Mizzbutterfly,

@autumngems I literally sat here and sobbed for a good 20 minutes when I read your message. It is so heartwarming to see a complete stranger show me such empathy and kindness. To be honest, I am filled with so many emotions right now- especially because I have been feeling so abandoned with very little external support- and you have just sparked within me the reassurance that compassion, generosity, and benevolence truly does exist in the world.
I am so moved by your grace and I wholeheartedly recognize your generosity and do not want to impose in any way. I will take whatever gem you would like to give me- and would truly want to compensate you in some way.

May your kindness and generosity return to you a hundredfold

I am so grateful for you.

<3

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems I literally sat here and sobbed for a good 20 minutes when I read your message. It is so heartwarming to see a complete stranger show me such empathy and kindness. To be honest, I am filled with so many emotions right now- especially because I have been feeling so abandoned with very little external support- and you have just sparked within me the reassurance that compassion, generosity, and benevolence truly does exist in the world.
I am so moved by your grace and I wholeheartedly recognize your generosity and do not want to impose in any way. I will take whatever gem you would like to give me- and would truly want to compensate you in some way.

May your kindness and generosity return to you a hundredfold

I am so grateful for you.

<3

Mizzbutterfly,

You are in no way imposing. I am so glad you are back and I will not accept any payment at all, this is a gift and in these times a little kindness goes a long way. Please let me know what colors, shapes, gems you like and I will see what I have that will work best for you. I know the pictures I posted are not as clear but hopefully you can see some. If there something you want a particular close-up of let me know.
I have in larger faceted stones:
Sapphires
Amethyst
Aquamarine
Topaz various colors
Peridot
Citrine
Garnet

I have cabs also.

Also let me know what skin tone (fair, olive, tan) you are as that can really help in selecting a gem that will standout on you.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you are going through this. The ring is a great idea. I don't know how much settings are in the US but here in the UK there is no way you would get a setting for a loose gem for anywhere near 200 USD. Personally I would say a preloved whole ring is the way to go, as kind as the offer from autumngems is.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How about we start a gofundme and each contribute $5 towards the setting? I'm happy to contribute if someone wants to set it up (I've never set up one before.)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We may have a possible setting. Mizzbutterfly, please go to loupetroop.com and look up my username. You will find my email, please email me so I can send you some gem
Pics. Currently set with a sapphire that needs to be replaced .

Screenshot_20200923-190324_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult time. I agree with the other PSers, you dodged a bullet, even though it does not seem so right now.

not to hijack this, but.....autumngems....you rock!!! What a kind and generous offer!,

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult time. I agree with the other PSers, you dodged a bullet, even though it does not seem so right now.

not to hijack this, but.....autumngems....you rock!!! What a kind and generous offer!,

Thank, I have more gems than I know what to do with so why not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results