shape
carat
color
clarity

Need wedding gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My stepsister is getting married this New Year''s Eve and I''m a bridesmaid. I have no idea what to get them so I''m hoping many pscopers are better than one. They live in Chicago, are young professionals, and our budget is $65ish. I was going to get them the 2006 Swarovski snowflake ornament but would rather have one that said 2007 (not available yet). Any ideas?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get them something off their registry.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
99% of their registry is bought up, and we already got them a shower gift. I was hoping to get something a little different. Something different and elegant...

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking about something from Tiffanys- who doesn''t love the blue box? The only thing that turned me off is the shipping+tax- together it''s $20+ and there is NO Tiffany''s anywhere down here.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
One of the best non-registry, non-$$ wedding gifts we got was 2 friends took our wedding invite and had it framed and matted for us- and they had an artist paint flowers on the border of the invite as well. It's really lovely- I just wish they had looked at our registry for hints in terms of colors we like. The matte is plum colored and we are more red/khaki/green people.

If you are going to go off of their registry I would get them something a little more "special" maybe something w/ their new joint monogram on it? We got a great engraved vase that was from Tiffany, but that would probably be out of your price range. What about a nice picture frame w/ their monogram and/or wedding date on it?

Having the wedding invite framed is really nice... I am so glad we got that, because otherwise it's not the type of thing I would ever get around to doing myself.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Dtnyc-

The framed invite is a great idea, except that''s what they gave us for our wedding present! lol. And I thought about something with a monogram, except she''s hyphenating her old+new last names and most companies won''t do a four letter mono. Thanks so much for the ideas though! ::Think think think::

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Did they register for a champagne or wine bucket? like an ice bucket but larger?

I initially didn''t register for one of these, but then I did because they are so cool- big enough to put ice in, and a bottle of wine- also can be used as a giant vase for fun arrangments of branches, etc.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
They didn''t register for a wine bucket, but they did register for lots of entertaining gifts (already lived together so had the basics). Do you think it would be cute to get them a champagne bucket seeing as how they are getting married New Year''s Eve or just weird?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh- that would be so cool! I didn''t realize they were getting married NYE- definitely go for the champagne bucket!

It was one of those items where we went to a dinner party like a month after our wedding and the hostess had one on the table w/ 2 bottles of wine in it- and I thought- I really need one of those!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I''d like to get a metal one, but the only nice one I found was at Williams-Sonoma and is more than our budget. What if I got a simple glass one and got an etching kit for their new four letter monogram?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
one of my fave off registry gifts was from one of my bms who bought us a cocktail cruise on our honeymoon. she called up our hotel and asked what fun things they had available and just paid for it ahead of time and gave us the info in a card.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Ginger-

That sounds like a great idea, but they''re not going on a honeymoon until the summer (both work in education).

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 7:34:05 PM
Author: Molly1024
I'd like to get a metal one, but the only nice one I found was at Williams-Sonoma and is more than our budget. What if I got a simple glass one and got an etching kit for their new four letter monogram?

I think that there are some nice glass ones out there- BUT I would worry breakage, since it's the type of thing you are shoving wine bottles into.
Do you know if she got a glass or metal ice bucket off of her registry? I got a glass ice bucket & want a metal champagne bucket just to have something a little different (but of course I added one of each to our registry and the late gift-givers bought us the glass one, so I will be taking it back!)

I just froogled it and found the following metal options:

Generic looking metal one

kinda of modern looking one from Overstock

whole set from iOffer
This one is a little above your price range- just a little- but really nice I know that there is the option for monogramming here- maybe you would want to ask your sister if she would completely object to just a single letter of his last name (since his last name is part of her last name?)
Another set- pretty nice- w/ 4 flutes, etc. smartbargains.com (
I like the last 2 options best- but I am not the one giving the gift.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I love that one from Pottery Barn- think that''s going to be it. And no, I emailed her and she doesn''t object to the single initial. Now I''m googling for discount codes lol. Thanks so much for all your help!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I thought that the pottery barn one was the nicest too! It makes me wish I had registered for it- I might have to get it for myself and then just use our credit at bloomingdale''s for a gift for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results