shape
carat
color
clarity

Need unique groomsmen gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winston26

Shiny_Rock
This post is for the FI. We are in our 30s, and the typical groomsmen''s gifts are nothing exciting any longer. Money clips, engraved beer mugs, key chains, lighters, flasks, business card holders.....his guys have all that junk already. He''s trying hard to come up with something they''ll find useful and won''t throw out the day after the wedding. Anyone have any good ideas? He''s talking of gift cards to Home Depot, which is not ideal, but now he''s deperate and at least they''d be put to use.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can he take them all to a ballgame, concert, etc. of choice? I always think something spending boy time bonding together is great. My FI got his best man a very nice bottle of scotch and some cuban (shhh) cigars which they enjoyed together the night before the wedding. Worked out really well and it was nice for the guys to spend some more time together.

glitterysparkle

Rough_Rock
We had the same issue...We ended up getting them 4 gb zip drives for about $16 a pop on the net, then engraved them with their initials and on the back "with love, "bride" & "Groom"'' . They loved it! practical and completely COOL. Several are students, a few techies- everyone could use a zip drive
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
My FI and all his guys are right around age 40, so he wasn't into any of the typical groomsmen gifts, either. He said he always thought having a pocket watch would be cool, so he ordered those for all of the guys and had them engraved. I didn't dare break his heart and remind him the guys are wearing short sleeved shirts and no jackets that a pocket watch is meant for!

Since I don't think he ordered himself one, I think I may get one for him to give him on the wedding day since I used up all of my other good ideas for gifts for him already! ;o)

ETA: I forgot to add that we ordered them on sale through the Things Remembered catalog.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We did a different gift for each guy.

1) a wooden pen for the diplomat. Hand turned, really neat.
2) a wine chiller for the father of 2 with everything but a wine chiller.
3) a poker set for the gambler
4) a gift card for a steak package from a local farm for the gourmet
5) a best buy gift card for the teenage nephew
6) a car rental for the cash strapped friend to get to the wedding

So it doesn''t have to be "typical" or even engraved to be appreciated. The guys were all really happy with their gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results