shape
carat
color
clarity

need to vent to the LIW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Hello,, just needed to vent,, im still waiting, sometimes i feel like its never gonna happen
7.gif

i wish stuff like this wasnt so expensive $$. There is money we need to be spending on other things. A little backround,, we've been dating for 3 1/2 yrs,theres been times this past year when i thought it would happen,, but not yet
7.gif
hopefully soon!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
hellokitty-
Please come and vent anytime!! So sorry to hear about the $$ situation. Would your b/f consider proposing w/out a ring or perhaps a temporary cz?

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Hi buena! thanks for responding :) I dont think its an option for him, hes got his mind set on what to get how much to spend already. I kind of tried to bring it up one time when we got set back once, but he said no... so i guess i must continue to wait patiently and continue fantasizing here on PS
thaks again :)
anna
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kitty! Dont feel bad! I am the same spot with my bf, we are both in school and he is paying his own way. I would rather him pay of his loans then get me a ring and thus far that has been the deal, he has managed to pay off nearly everything while still in school which I think is great....except for the fect that we have been together just over four years and all of my friends are getting engaged/married and I feel like a wee bit of a green eyed monster. It is hard when he asks me questions about what I want there are times when I even want to be freash and ask "why it isnt like it will be any time soon" but I bite m,y tounge becuase I know he is doing the right thing. PS has become a bit of a God-send for me becuase it lets me daydream without pressuring him and without my firends bugging me about when we will get married. Venting or reading about how I am not the only one makes me feel lots better and I hope it helps you as well. Bless your heart *hugs*. It is hard to watch others acheive the things they want but realize that when he asks it will be the most prefect moment ever and you will remember it always. I always remind myself I have the man I love whom loves me just as much, I am blessed.....I guess this is why they say patience is a virtue. I hope you feel better about everything soon.

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Hi Matatora, Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. You are absolutly right, our guys are trying to do the right thing, and I just act like a mad woman sometimes hehehe. Sometimes i think mabye PS adds to my frustration, being that im here almost everytime im in front of a computer and i feel like its all i think about!! But im aware of it and try to not focus only on the engagement 24/7. After all, I know its coming, but the little monster in me wants it now :) Thank you for making me feel better, Mata!::hugs:: I feel like you guys are my PS family!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty- (by the way I LOVE Hello Kitty... have since she came out in the 70s. She is all around my cubicle here at work, and at home. I''m such a 5 year old!!!

This is the situation I''m dealing with. MY BF has been mentioning the marriage/engagement thing since about Oct of 2003, but has made no move to do so. I know he has to move soon, but that hasn''t stopped him from movie shopping, music shopping, buying a new amp for his guitar. You would think he would be saving his money for an engagement ring. But it doesn''t seem so. Patience is definately the key, but mine has already worn thin. I would suggest having a really deep discussion about where things stand and that you would like to start moving things forward. Then don''t bring it up again. That''s when guys feel this "pressure", if future plans are talked about too much. To me, if they really wanted to be with us, it wouldn''t feel that way at all, but that''s just my opinion. If it helps, give yourself a time limit as to how long things stay in limbo.

CurlyM-C

Rough_Rock
Kitty,

If you both want to get married soon, and only money is stopping you, then you might want to make it known that you don''t mind waiting for the ring (if you really want to get engaged asap).

I did when we were discussing marriage and was given a family ring when he proposed. Although there was sentimental value to the ring we both knew the ring was really "not me" and that eventually I''d get "the" ring.

He proposed in July 2003, we were married in April 2004 (eloped, got married on the beach at sunset & had an incredible honeymoon in Mexico). And in two weeks, for our first anniversary, I''m getting a one carat RB solitare (E SI1) in a platinum solstice setting. I really can''t wait!!!

Did it all play out like the childhood fantasy...not exactly. Did I get everything I wanted...absolutely!

Now, I''m all for $10,000 Vera Wang dress and the gorgeous details of the $50,000 Martha Stewart wedding if you can afford it, believe me!! And in the last two years I''ve secretly been jealous of girls with big gorgeous engagement rings, as if all the world thought that they were loved more than the rest of us. But in the end, I''m glad that I gave up some of the fairy tale because we were dying to skip to the happily ever after part.

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Hi NY, Hello Kitty is the best ( I too have more hello kitty paraphinalia then the typical 5 yr old ) hehe. I think right now i still have to be patient, the right time is coming soon. We're not in THAT huge a rush to get engagend and married, but the same way i also feel, i dont want to be just your gf anymore, i want to take the next step. Curly, your right i think we need to have a more serious talk about the whole engagement thing, but im scared i dont want to push even more.
thanks for the advice ladies. NY i hope everything works out with you and the BF :)
congratulations Curly on your anniversary!!! Pictures are mandatory!!!!
anna

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Oh HK20 I know how you feel and what you''re going through. I''m in a similar situation (aren''t we all?) and while the logical part of my brain knows my bf is the most wonderful person and I am so lucky to have him even he never gives me a diamond ring, and he''s saving for it and being sensible, once you''ve got the idea in your mind (especially if you guys talk about it a lot have been for a long time!) you want it, and you want it now. Lol. Have a chat to him, see what you can come up with. One of the LIWs recently posted when she asked her bf he gave her a time frame and she all of a sudden felt better because she had an end-date in mind. But I guess in the end you just have to be patient because it will be worth it in the end.
1.gif
(I''m repeating this to myself as a matra as well ... hehe.) Good luck.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results