shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to Vent - sorry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I had a shower in the morning and within a minute, the hot water had run out. There was nothing I could do, I had conditioner in my hair and had to rinse it out of my hair and body with cold water. I had assumed that FI had used up the hot water as he showered first. This wouldn''t be so bad but it''s the middle of winter here and it was freezing - I was absolutely frozen by the time I got out of the shower.

This morning I had first shower and there was no hot water at all - our hot water system is on the blink. I had assumed FI had used up all the hot water yesterday until I had first shower this morning and realised it was a faulty hot water tank.

So FI stayed home this morning and called a plumber (he has a job where he can work from home) The plumber (a referral from a friend) cannot come out until tomorrow morning. FI called me at work to tell me this and I told him to call another plumber. He didn''t want to because he wanted to use this particular plumber and he said "we''ll just have to put up with cold water for another day". I again said to call in another plumber but he downright refuses to and only wants to use this referral because the mate who referred the plumber says that he is a good plumber. I kept on insisting he call in a different plumber but he won''t.

I called FI back a few minutes later and asked him if he wanted me to stay home tomorrow and wait for the plumber or did he want to stay at home. He said he would.....so I said, in that case, I''m staying the night over at mum''s so I can have a hot shower ih the morning and that I didn''t want to have to put up with 3 days in a row with no hot shower. He said "right" and hung up on me.

Am I missing something here? Why is FI angry at me??? He is the one who refuses to call in a different plumber to fix the problem now and only insists on using the one who can''t come in til tomorrow and he''s angry at ME?? ARRRGGGHHHH. Now he''s got me extremely angry. Sorry, I just had to vent.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I would feel similarly as you, so don''t feel bad. I''d go to my mother''s, too. I wonder why he doesn''t trust another plumber? Does he expect a price break from this guy? In my mind, a plumber''s a plumber. His friend never needs to find out he called someone else. Well, I guess you have to choose your battles. I guess I''d just go on over to your mother''s and get that shower and then let it go.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you're anything like me you probably told him you were staying at your mother's with a hint of attitude that let him know that you are going because he wouldn't call another plumber. lol. Cause that's what I would do if I was annoyed and not getting my way. I'm sure you do believe that it is his fault you are staying at your mothers...and not the hot water tank's fault. So, was he right to hang up on you? No. But I think he has a right to be mad at you, just as you have a right to be mad at him. This whole thing is silly though and will probably blow over as soon as the tank is fixed. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ughh, I feel your pain. With hubby, he''s like your FI. Loves to use the guy that comes with the best rec. I am different, I like giving the job to the guy that shows up first!!! You may need a new hot water heater. If so, the guy comes out, diagnoses the problem and then it''s another day to install it. To me, I give the job to the guy that gets it done the quickest. I''d say take over the job for your FI. I think it''s his manly pride getting in the way. Guys want to fix things for us. But ya know, it''s us girls that get the jobs done most of the time. At least that has been my experience and have been married 20 years now.
emthup.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:19:46 PM
Author: luckystar112
Well, if you''re anything like me you probably told him you were staying at your mother''s with a hint of attitude that let him know that you are going because he wouldn''t call another plumber. lol. Cause that''s what I would do if I was annoyed and not getting my way. I''m sure you do believe that it is his fault you are staying at your mothers...and not the hot water tank''s fault. So, was he right to hang up on you? No. But I think he has a right to be mad at you, just as you have a right to be mad at him. This whole thing is silly though and will probably blow over as soon as the tank is fixed. :)
Of course this whole thing is silly. I''m not upset that he won''t call in another plumber. I''m upset that he''s angry at me because I''m staying at mum''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results