shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to Vent (off topic)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
May I vent* for a moment?
Why is it, that everyone I work with, can show up late, not do their job, not show up, with out retribution, but if I sneeze funny, then I get in trouble?
Here are some examples of why I nearly walked out… (and yes, I am pms’ing!!)
One guy continuously calls in sick, does not work, complains when it gets “busy” (putting in two orders at once) and even uses his daughter as excuses to get out of work. OH, and mentioned he hopes to get laid off. Trust me buddy, fired is more like it.
Two ladies cannot make in on time to save their life. And when you work in a call center, and your breaks are dependent to people arriving on time, it’s a huge PITA! And really, they are only 5-10 minutes late, but you cannot just leave 5-10 earlier??? Plus by the time they long I mean common, I get to work at 3:30 every morning!! It’s not that hard.
Not to mention one of the “leads” cannot make it on time to save her life either. And she just got a raise?!? Oh, and I used to have her job (I left the company for a couple years) and trust me, its not THAT hard, and does not deserve a raise.
And lastly, my dept head emails me every.little.thing. I do wrong. And when I review her work? Well it’s like she just started the company and doesn’t know her left from right. But of course, I cant say anything. And the one tiny thing I’ll forget to do, she does consistently on her work.

Phew. Wow. That vent made me feel better… until I heard that subway is no longer doing the $5 for all their footlong sammiches. NOOOOOOO!!
32.gif

*disclaimer. I am very happy to have a job, when I know many do not (including my family!). In fact, I have two. But I am hoping that the part-time turns into full time. Until then, I have to stick it out with the job described above

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jcarly - i"m sorry it''s rough there. I think if you stick it out eventually the head honchos will notice your dependability and hard work ; )

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blah. I''m sorry.

I always wonder in situations like this if the person catching the crap is the best worker? A lot of times certain workers dont catch crap because its not worth it. They just arent that good of employees, but not bad enough to fire. Then the good workers get the crap because its worth saying something.

Either way, its not fair, and I''m sorry that stuff happens.

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Hi, jcarlylew! I can relate a bit. I find myself pretty frustrated about my work situation too. It seems like all this extra work gets dumped on me, even though there''s two other people that has the same job as me. But somehow, I have the most responibilites out of the three of us. Not to mention that we recently had laid offs in my department, and the new guy in charge is a real pain in the bleep.

And funny that you mentioned Subway, yesterday I went to Subway for a $5 turkey breast, only to find out they don''t have it anymore!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
jcarly, that sucks! Incompetent coworkers (and bosses) with poor work ethic drive me up the wall!!!! Thank goodness for being self-employed...
37.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry! That''s a really sucky situation. Hopefully someone high up will notice all the work you put in, even if your lead doesn''t.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies! honestly, i am hoping the part time job goes full time, so i don''t really want to be noticed. or rewarded. i just hate being reemed at for less that what others do. But foruntately one of my superiors is a good friend, and i know we can talk in confidence.
Oh, thats another thing!! we have 8 total people, and 3 of them are upper management.
20.gif

but i am off work now, the sun in shining and i am at my part time job that i really like, and hope to make a career out of
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results