shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to vent about my dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

So three weeks ago I went and bought the dress at Alfred Angelo. Its a sample dress 50% off. I went there by myself and bought the third dress I tried on. Between then and now, I felt a tint of regret but I brushed off the feeling as a buyer''s remorse. A good thing happened on my 1st fitting when another customer make a good comment on how the dress suit me very much. I felt so happy then.

Last week when I sent a pic of my dress to my mom, she doesn''t dislike it but she thinks I can do much better in a more fitted dress. So I decided to take a picture of myself in my dress. As my dress went away for alterations, I can''t try it on so I asked the SA in the store if they have some in stock. Turn up they did have two left, size 6 and 18. Size 6 was too small and 18 was too big. I tried them on anyway today and take a picture.

Ladies....I''m not so sure anymore about my dress....I think it makes me look fatter....I am a bit overweight, 5''3'''' height and 125 lbs.
39.gif
What have I done?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Here goes.

joelly 1505.JPG

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
joelly, i don''t think you look fatter in that dress, and i don''t think you''re overweight at all. Honestly. You would look perfect in the altered dress.
1.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
The dress in the picture is not my size. Its size 18. My dress which is still in alterations is size 8. Could this is why it makes me look bloated? Or is this dress just not figure flattering for me?
39.gif

joelly 1505 v1.JPG

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I was smiling to the SA but in my heart I was
39.gif
. I just want to run home and hide under my blanket.
7.gif

joelly 1505 v2.JPG

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:42:31 PM
Author: cindygenit
joelly, i don''t think you look fatter in that dress, and i don''t think you''re overweight at all. Honestly. You would look perfect in the altered dress.
1.gif
Thanks, Cindy. I do hope so.
7.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Here is another one. The SA took pics of the beads.

joelly 1505 v3.JPG

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Joelly, first of all, you are not overweight AT ALL! You look beautiful. And the fact that the dress was way too big for you will definitely contribute to it not looking as great as your actual dress will. Second, I think it''s natural to have a bit of buyer''s remorse -- I definitely felt it, and came very close to buying a second dress. I think you should listen to the nice person who complimented you at your first fitting and stop worrying for now! Once your dress comes back from being altered and you try it on again, I bet you''ll love it as much as you did when you bought it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Agreed completely with cindy and Octavia! That is a beautiful dress, and when you are in one that''s the right size that''s been altered to completely fit you in every way, it will NOT make you look "fatter" or anything other than STUNNING.

You are not overweight...you have a lovely shape and this dress, when altered, will do everything right to show it off!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely agree with the ladies above: You are beautiful and definitely not overweight. The dress is also very beautiful and once you have the correct sized / altered dress on you, you`ll look absolutely stunning!!
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:58:27 PM
Author: Octavia
Joelly, first of all, you are not overweight AT ALL! You look beautiful. And the fact that the dress was way too big for you will definitely contribute to it not looking as great as your actual dress will. Second, I think it''s natural to have a bit of buyer''s remorse -- I definitely felt it, and came very close to buying a second dress. I think you should listen to the nice person who complimented you at your first fitting and stop worrying for now! Once your dress comes back from being altered and you try it on again, I bet you''ll love it as much as you did when you bought it.

Ditto! You don''t look overweight at all and the dress is lovely on you. Try not to stress too much (coming from a bride who is 15 days out and agonising over rose colours!), I think it''s natural to feel a little apprehension about the dress.
1.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look absolutely beautiful in that dress, it's gorgeous and so are you!!! You do NOT look overweight!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful!!! That dress is very flattering and I just love the beading. You do NOT look overweight!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do NOT look overweight in the dress at all! You look very beautiful! Once your dress is altered, it will look fabulous!

I am a firm believer that you need to be very happy with your dress though. If you still feel really unhappy, and your budget allows for another dress, go try on some others. You might find that this dress really is the one. If not, you will find another dress that you truly love.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Overweight?! Where?! I''m being beyond serious, I don''t see anything overweight about you.

That dress looks gorgeous on you, and I think it''s very flattering to your shape. You look very slim in it. Please don''t be sad, there is a reason why this was the dress you bought, just remember that. You look great in it!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
joelly, if your overweight, then what am i?!?!?

seriously: you are NOT overweight and that big dress doesn''t do justice to your figure. i agree with the rest of the lovely PSers here that when the altered dress is back and fits you like a glove, it will really show your figure. the picture is blurry but i can tell that it has beautiful beadwork in the bust-area! imho, it''s a beautiful gown.

don''t want to be unassuming so... are you pinoy? i am one too and if you are - i think i understand what you meant by "overweight". ahahaha.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joelly, please stop worrying! The dress is a lovely dress (even though it doesnt fit)! I''m sure when you get
your altered dress back and try it on you will feel much better. Its a beautiful dress and once it fits you will look
awesome!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:11:33 AM
Author: cleokizzy

seriously: you are NOT overweight and that big dress doesn''t do justice to your figure. i agree with the rest of the lovely PSers here that when the altered dress is back and fits you like a glove, it will really show your figure. the picture is blurry but i can tell that it has beautiful beadwork in the bust-area! imho, it''s a beautiful gown.

don''t want to be unassuming so... are you pinoy? i am one too and if you are - i think i understand what you meant by ''overweight''. ahahaha.
cleo, she is Indonesian. And yes, I do know what you mean there. hahaha I''m sure she does too.
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s pretty and you are not overweight at all. You look very skinny.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beadwork is wonderful. The dress is beautiful. You look amazing. (and I really do mean that -- it look great on you)

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 8:41:14 PM
Author: cindygenit
Date: 11/11/2009 11:11:33 AM

Author: cleokizzy

don''t want to be unassuming so... are you pinoy? i am one too and if you are - i think i understand what you meant by ''overweight''. ahahaha.

cleo, she is Indonesian. And yes, I do know what you mean there. hahaha I''m sure she does too.
2.gif

cindy, LOL. yep. we asians have a different weighing scale! hahahaha

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, wedding dresses is such a subjective thing that the only opinion that really matters is your own. Did your mother''s opinion trump yours? And I don''t think that strangers can tell you what to do about the dress. If it were me, I would try to think back to what I originally liked about it and why I picked it as my dress. Your own altered dress will fit you like a glove, unlike one many sizes bigger. Also, when you add a veil, that could do wonders.

And then if you can''t live with it, what are the alternatives? Can you return it or get a different one? Is that something financially feasible or an option?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Psssh. Actually, you''re closer to theLOWER end of a healthy weight range for someone your height, so calling yourself overweight is kind of silly, particularly when you look lovely. Sorry if I sound mean--my fat arse is just a little miffed that you seem so down on yourself. Also, you may be astounded at what a huge difference alterations can make, so no worries.
2.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Overweight? Bloated? No way! You are gorgeous!

Just make sure the dress is fitted nicely through the torso and you have smoothing under garments so there aren't any fabric wrinkles. You will look beautiful on your wedding day.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First of all, you are FAR from overweight! I see a normal, healthy looking woman. Second, I can also tell that you are not wearing the proper foundations under your gown. You need to get a one-piece strapless briefer to wear under your gown. The ones with underwire fit beautifully. Go somewhere like Sears, Macy''s, or better yet, an old-fashioned corsetier (bra shop!) in your local area. They will measure you, and provide you with the hard-core foundations necessary to wear under formal wear. Once you are wearing the proper undergarment, you will feel much differently about the gown. It''s very flattering on you.

I think every woman should be taken to a corsetier every five years or 25 pounds +/- that she experiences. Foundations are key for how our clothing looks on us.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for all the good comments. I''m sorry I can''t reply asap because I was sick for a whole week. I''m so sad and beaten down by this dress incident. I feel silly about it. I guess I never thought it will take so much effect on me.

I really2 appreciate everyone''s opinion. Wish I can reply to each of you but I am still too weak to do so.

Winks-Elf: Whats a one-piece strapless briefer? My tummy is hanging loose lately. It has a mine of its own. So, if I can get the help I need to tuck it in, I will certainly do so. Should I go to Macy''s and say that I need a "one-piece strapless briefer"? It will help alot to get a pic of it.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Is it something like this? This can be converted into strapless.

body briefer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results