shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to Propose by 10/29, but the ring won''t be ready...help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
My GF and I will be in San Francisco from 10/29-10/31 for the 49''ers/Bucs football game -- she''s a Bucs fan, I''m a 9''ers fan, so it''s not just for me ;-). On top of this, we''ll be staying in a nice hotel and taking in romantic walks and dinners. I really want to propose to her while we''re there, and SHE wants me to propose to her while we''re there (dropping hints), but the ring won''t be ready by then! What should I do?

1) just tell her I''m still working on things, knowing she''ll be dissapointed? Although, I know she''ll understand.

or

2) Buy a stand-in ring for the proposal and let her know the other is on its way? If I do this, it will be something in WG with a blue topaz - her birthstone.

Anyway, I''m sweating bullets here, but I want THE ring done right, not rushed. Leon & Wifteflash are working on it, and it should be wonderful when it''s done. Thanks for any ideas you may have!
36.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Christian, Are you able to propose to her at the game, on the big screen? That would be cool and a total distraction from not having the ring ready!!

I have a friend that works for KNBR in S.F. He said to call the teams and ask for the ad sales dept for in stadium messsages on the big screen.

GO FOR IT!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
You don''t even need to get such a fancy stand-in ring. You could buy one of those candy rings and tell her how much you wanted to propose right then and right there, but the ring wasn''t ready yet. I''m sure she''ll be thrilled -- and she''ll have a yummy treat!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the candy ring/ "ring pop" idea ... maybe even in a box (though that might get her hopes up for the "real" ring ...
MAYBE you can propose that you propose when you get the ring? Or propose twice ... three times, keep doin'' it. I wrote a screenplay treatment once about a couple who gets married all over the country on a cross-country journey to their wedding. You could be the proposing bandit!

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/20/2005 1:41:26 PM
Author: marvel
Christian, Are you able to propose to her at the game, on the big screen? That would be cool and a total distraction from not having the ring ready!!

I have a friend that works for KNBR in S.F. He said to call the teams and ask for the ad sales dept for in stadium messsages on the big screen.

GO FOR IT!

Thank you -- that's a great idea, and I'd enjoy doing it
27.gif
, but I KNOW that would make her uncomfortable...I only say that because she doesn't like public attention. Something tells me to do it and not worry about her feelings about that...but knowing her, I think she'd prefer something small, personal, and romantic -- just the two of us. She's actually told me that already..

EDIT: Here's a pic of the ring I really like as an alternate, something she could wear until THE ring is done, then she can switch it to her other hand whenever she felt like wearing it. It's a london blue topaz set in 10k WG w/ 2 .03 ct accent diamonds:

18477307.jpg

Since I'm already spending $4k+ (my budget went up lol), I figure $175's a drop in the barrell for something I really like and have been thinking about giving her anyway (a topaz).

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It's GORGEOUS and you know her best!! I think she'd be thrilled! Have a great time in SF!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is gorgeous and I love the idea!! She''ll love it!! Good luck!!!
36.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely agree that $175 is worth getting something that you really love

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
OH~ and the ring is defintely worth that extra little bit, its beautiful!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
TOTALLY go for a Ring Pop and a JumboTron proposal. Tell her that your ring isn''t ready and you couldn''t pass up this opportunity.

DO NOT LET HER GO TO THE BATHROOM till the proposal has happened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Ame, her leaving to go to the bathroom would be unfortunate!! Could you imagine MISSING your own proposal??
23.gif
32.gif
23.gif
32.gif

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :) Although, I''m going to go with the personal, one-on-one proposal. The little things mean much more to her. I''ll let you know how it goes, and post pics of the topaz ring when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results