shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to know - Are H&A and So Called Ideal Cut just a WHIZZ!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.jewellerywebshop.co.uk/idealcut.htm

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This guy sounds like an "old school" dealer. They are having a tough time dealing with the revolution of internet sales, ideal cut diamonds and educated consumers.

They remind me of diamond cutters throughout history, "pooh poohing" the new, and trying to hang on to the old. If we listened to them, everybody would still be wearing Old Mine Cuts.

In my quick read of the first page, there's a bit of misinformation there, along with a "spin" on the facts that I don't agree with.

Here's an interesting statement:

-----------
A so called 'Ideal' cut diamond will look, on
average about 20% smaller at equal weight and equal
sparkle to the 'perfectly' cut diamond purchased and
cut for over 60 years by expert professionals within
the industry.
-----------

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Richard Sherwood. Do any of the professionals know if the Hearts & Arrows diamonds being sold are from the stockpile which was cut for the Japanese market. Is the Perfect Cut (Antwerp Cut) what bricks & mortar jewellers prefer and that they do not want the H&A diamonds because they look smaller?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/18/2003 2:16:55 PM pyramid wrote:

Is the Perfect Cut (Antwerp Cut) what bricks & mortar jewellers prefer and that they do not want the H&A diamonds because they look smaller?
----------------

Pyramid, I think what Richard was trying to say is that H&A look *larger* and that this jeweler is just misinformed.

You've been around the diamond boards long enough by now to trust your own knowledge over the ones of certain old-school jewelers. Gosh, you know *so* much more about certain aspects of diamonds than some of these guys; don't let them intimidate you.
wavey.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hest - what aspects would that be ?
twirl.gif
loopy.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Here is my grain of salt:

It is true that what we call an Ideal Cut will look larger because it was cut to not be
too deep.....so you're not loosing weight for example in the girdle or the pavilion.

However, it is also true that a 60/60 diamond may look bigger than an IdealCut
because it's table will be larger... Remember that you can have a 60/60
diamond properly cut so it is not carrying extra weight in its girdle or pavilion.

Please, don't forget that Ideal Cuts are only ONE type of RB cut...
some 60/60 diamonds can be gorgeous too.... I must say that sellers on this board
are all trying to say that Ideal Cuts are the ONLY Rb cuts that you should buy. It's aint true.
Period.

Trichrome. (and I'm 100% fully independant since I'm not selling on the net)

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Also, ANY RB well-cut will exhibit a magnificent arrow pattern...
you don't need to buy an H&A branded diamond.

Trichrome.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Trichrome,

Amen to that, I know, cause I've got one! Thank goodness it wasn't labeled that way or I'm sure I would have needed to plunk down $2k more, I'm sure.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results