shape
carat
color
clarity

Need tips on evaluating matched pairs for setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr. Talkie

Rough_Rock
I am looking at matched pairs to go with a 2.02 Oval center stone. Is there a recommended shape that looks best? I have seen heartts as side stones and they look very nice. I have had pear shapes recommended as well. Also, what are the guidelines for selecting matched pairs? I found one pear that is a 1B final AGA cut grade and another that is a 2B AGA grade. DOes that matter? Length to width ratios are 1.61 and 1.62, but there is a differnece in crown height and table and depth. WHen you look at the stones will they appear different? thanks to all who offer insight!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mr. Talkie,

Yes, if the table size and crown depth is not very close, you will see a difference even in side stones. I know, because in my original setting, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I would have checked before buying. The side stones a quite small, .15 each, but when the light hits the table, one looks pleasing to my eye and the other one does not (too skinny), even though the outer shapes of the pears do match. I would probably have a vendor hunt up a 'matched pair' for you.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results