shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jason32803

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I need a little help with a possible proposal idea. My girl friend and I are going on a 3 day vacation to Key West in a couple of weeks and I had planned on proposing to her during the trip.

The problem is.. I have a big mouth and she knows it is coming. It will still be fun and somewhat of a surpirse, but I was thinking about a possible option.

I'm thinking about waking her up for the trip and proposing to her before we even leave. Maybe with breakfast in bed and a hidden ring in her OJ..
That way we would be engaged for the whole trip and I could still surprise her.

What do you all think about that plan?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!

jason32803

Rough_Rock
OH yeah.. I should mention that it will be about 4 in the morning when I wake her up
1.gif

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
It's definitely a good idea to do it at the beginning of the trip - it'll make the vacation that much sweeter! I just posted this link on another post, but here's a website that's got cute proposal ideas http://www.best-marriage-proposals.com/ Hope it helps!

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
That Idea all depends on if your girl is a morning person. I'm not so sure if my fiancee woke me up at 4am, that he would get the response he was hoping for. Not that it would be bad, but my brain doesn't function right at that time in the morning. Anyway, maybe it is your best bet of surprising her, because if you already went ahead and told her about getting the ring, you've already ruined half the surprise.

And I just was to say, not to you specifically, but MEN in general, IF YOU ARE THINKING OF PROPOSING OR YOU ARE GOING TO PROPOSE, DON'T TELL YOUR GIRLFRIEND, NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS. IT RUINS THE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in total shock when we got engaged, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, and I'm sure PLENTY of girls agree with me!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I like most of your plan, except the part where the ring is in the OJ. Perhaps you can slip the ring box under your pillow or something before the breakfast makes it to the bed. You could get back in bed with her to enjoy the breakfast together and then surprise her with the proposal and ring at that time. It would be a wonderful way to start your vacation together!

jason32803

Rough_Rock
OK.. how does this sound:

We are getting up at 4:00 to drive to Key West.. I wake up early, sneak down stairs and make breakfast. I bring it up, pop on the lights and put the tray down. On the tray is a red rose with the ring on the stem.

10.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! What's for breakfast?

jason32803

Rough_Rock
Mmm.. Pancakes!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought..but have you thought about just slipping the ring on her finger and letting her wake up and find the ring on her finger and you can be waiting somewhere else with a rose and breakfast? That way there's no grumpy "leave me alone, turn off the lights, do you have any idea what time it is?!?!" response. As a seriously non-morning person would probably have that if my bf tried that without realizing at all what I was doing. The first time he ever asked me out was to breakfast at 7am and I am told that I hung up on him after a curt "I don't EAT breakfast." Granted this was during college when I kept different hours
2.gif
. Anyway, my honey has been thoroughly traumatized and refuses contact me before 10am.
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think the concept is great, but you really should give consideration to the morning person part. My DH made me breakfast in bed once, and it was very sweet, but there is no way I can eat food -- especially a full breakfast -- before I have even sat upright! I gulped it down, but was fairly sick to my stomach. Not a romantic feeling..... but the thought was great!

If she is one of those who believe "the best I am going to feel all day is the moment I wake up", then go for it. If she wakes up slowly, maybe have coffee and food waiting with a rose and ring when she surfaces in the kitchen.....

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/22/2004 7:42:09 PM gingerBcookie wrote:

Just a thought..but have you thought about just slipping the ring on her finger and letting her wake up and find the ring on her finger and you can be waiting somewhere else with a rose and breakfast? That way there's no grumpy 'leave me alone, turn off the lights, do you have any idea what time it is?!?!' response. As a seriously non-morning person would probably have that if my bf tried that without realizing at all what I was doing. The first time he ever asked me out was to breakfast at 7am and I am told that I hung up on him after a curt 'I don't EAT breakfast.' Granted this was during college when I kept different hours
2.gif
. Anyway, my honey has been thoroughly traumatized and refuses contact me before 10am.
9.gif
----------------

This made me giggle. My husband has learned the same lesson. He used to sing goofy lovie songs at me in the morning... I couldn't handle it.

He still gets me breakfast in bed, and it's a great gentle wakeup for me, but I agree with others that it might not work for your girl. But you know her best, and if you think 4AM breakfast in bed will work for her, great!

I love your idea, especially the ring on the rose part. And YUM! Pancakes
1.gif
. I giggled when you mentioned the OJ... my father-in-law proposed by putting the ring under a steak he'd grilled (he says it seemed like a good idea at the time) -she almost ate it! So, yeah, I vote not hiding it in food or beverage items
2.gif

Good luck!

jason32803

Rough_Rock
a very good point.. she may not want to eat anything @ 4:00am.

I kinda like the idea of putting the ring on her finger while she is sleeping.. that could be very fun. She has a great sence of humor and I think she would enjoy it.

I could put the ring on her finger, and just not mention it until she says, "what the heck?" then I'll say.. oh yeah.. will you marry me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results