shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Suggestions-Early reception, ideas of what to do after

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
So, I had a few venues that I *really* wanted. Two are booked up and though this one was my original fave, it''s 2 hours outside of Charlotte (closer to Asheville) so I had pushed it back.

It''s off a lake and the outdoor site is GORGEOUS plus it''s really affordable.

We decided to go with an early ceremony - Noon, with reception immediately after, wrapping up by 4. The site does not allow any alcohol which is okay.

Now, FI wants us to be able to go somewhere that evening and "let loose". I''m looking for places that aren''t really a nightclub (per se) but will have music, drinks. A lot of the places I''m finding are more rock/techno type places and we''re looking for more funk/R&B/hip hop type places.

I don''t know what to do
7.gif
driving 2 hours (4 round trip) to Charlotte to party seems absurd, doesn''t it??

I don''t know what to do!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not familiar with your area, but I just wanted to share that we were married on the 4th of Julyy at 11 AM, our reception immediately followed, and then we spent the rest of the day and night with our very closest family and friends. I LOVED having all that time after the reception. We had recently purchased our house, so everyone came back to the house with us and hung around until fireworks. We all went to fireworks together, and it felt like the longest, most wonderful day ever.

The best part was that I didn''t take my dress off until after the fireworks. It was awesome. I felt like a princess everywhere we went. (DH changed into his "tuxedo t-shirt" that my best friend bought for him because she KNEW how that was going to play out.)

Are there things in the area that you could do? Just hang out somewhere? Go to a restaurant with your nearest and dearest?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Haven - I love the story of your after-reception celebration - it sounds so intimate and relaxed :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Our reception ended at 5 so we had our closest friends (who were all staying at the same hotel with us) come back to our bridal suite and we ordered food and wine and just hung out the rest of the night. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Originally we were going to go out for drinks at the bar next to our venue but we were all surprisingly tired so we decided to have a more lowkey evening.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results