shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some Vegas Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
I have everything figured out except one part i cant pull the tigger on. Where to stay in Vegas. I was looking at Ceasers or the Bellagio.
Now the Bellagio looks amazing but is alittle more money buy $200-300 is it worth dropping the extra money for the Bellagio? I plan on proposing by the water fountains just thought it would be nice if we were stayin there as well. I also looked at the Venitian any thoughts would be great

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I have never stayed at Caesar's but I have stayed at Bellagio. After staying there, I never want to stay anywhere else again. Now, let me preface that we did get a comp. upgrade to a fountain view room because they messed up our reservation and THAT is what made it AMAZING. We could watch the fountains from our room and they play the music on the TV too. If it won't break the bank, I would go with Bellagio, I love that hotel, the whole theme and it is super convenient in terms of strip location. Don't know what time of year you are going, the pool is amazing and the restaurants/nightlife are pretty awesome too.

ETA: just saw you looked at Venetian-the have a new addition-The Palazzo, which I think is cheaper than Bellagio and looks BEAUTIFUL from the outside and the little parts that I did see.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I stayed at the Bellagio and proposed at the fountains this July 14th. Stay at Bellagio. It is worth it. Do you know when you will be staying there? I might be able to find you some discount codes if you are staying there Sunday-Thursday. I also have the fountain show schedule if you want to propose during a particular fountain show song. I did it during Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's "Con Te Partiro (Time to Say Goodbye)". I've stayed at Bellagio twice now and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You can watch the fountain shows from your room as the audio is on one of the channels on the TV in your room. If you need any help with your Bellagio fountain proposal, I'm probably a good person to ask. Good luck! It worked like a charm for me!

Here's a video I recorded from my room...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvxnK8LT8g

Pictures from my Bellagio proposal trip

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
Hey any info would be great i think i wanna stay atthe Bellagio too.
anyinfo you have for the times and stuff would be great for the water shows.
ill be stayin tuesday-thursday night so if you have discount codes that be great!
i saw the rooms with the view of the fountains thought that be nice.

plus the bellagio looks more like a "romantic" setup if you will plus like you said "O" is going to be played there and they have great places to eat. you have any reccomendations for food?

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Here's a discount code...
https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=190&host=promo&code=FL1592

You probably want to get a Deluxe Lakeview Room. If it doesn't offer the deluxe lakeview online with this code, just call Bellagio reservations and they can help you out. Might be a little extra but should be cheaper than just booking it straight up. Also, mention you are a AAA member (if you are) and you might be able to get an additional discount. They might want to see you AAA card at check-in. Make sure you book the room DIRECTLY through the hotel (don't use Expedia, Travelocity, etc.). This will give you greater flexibility to cancel/change your reservations if a better discount comes out in the future.

As far as food, I ate at Circo in the Bellagio right before my proposal. I actually preferred the food in the Bellagio buffet, but for a romantic dinner, you probably want to go to one of the finer restaurants. Get you reservations in ASAP though. These things can book up pretty quickly.

Do you know which day of the week you intend on proposing? I can type up the list of fountain show songs for you. Did you have a specific fountain show in mind? There's about 30 different songs. Pretty much all of them are on YouTube also so you can kinda plan out when during the song you pop the question. Personal opinion (that is shared by many others) is that the Bocelli fountain show is hands down, the best one.

Not sure if you saw it in your other thread, but having dinner, seeing "O", and popping the question at the fountains might be tough unless you have an early dinner. It's still doable though.

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
Hey Astack thanks for all th einfo and discount for the Bellagio. It was $770 for the 3 nights and was a deluxe room with a pool or sunset view
for an extra $30 i could get a partial pond/fountain view or for $50 more a night a full lake and fountain view.

My concern though being we arent going to be in the room that much. Is it really worth the xtra money? or spend it on dinner, drinks gambling haha
just wanted to see if you thought it was tottally worth the xtra money. ANywhere i go im just about a clean room you know. shower sleep and of course .... hahah but dont know if the view is worth $50

also for the times of the fountain shows.
October 14 from 10:00 on and then
Ocotber 15th from 9:30ish till 11:30ish thanks i dont really hvae a specific song but something nice would be the BEST

thanks again for all ur help you''ve be awsome

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:32:28 PM
Author: surfcali365
My concern though being we arent going to be in the room that much. Is it really worth the xtra money? or spend it on dinner, drinks gambling haha

just wanted to see if you thought it was tottally worth the xtra money. ANywhere i go im just about a clean room you know. shower sleep and of course .... hahah but dont know if the view is worth $50

also for the times of the fountain shows.

October 14 from 10:00 on and then

Ocotber 15th from 9:30ish till 11:30ish thanks i dont really hvae a specific song but something nice would be the BEST

thanks again for all ur help you''ve be awsome
My advice is YES it is worth the extra money. This is the trip you plan on proposing to the woman you plan on spending the REST OF YOUR LIFE with. The $100 you spend now will long be forgotten two weeks from now when she says yes. The view is TOTALLY worth the extra $50 a night. Staying at Bellagio without a lakeview is like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower (you can see that from your lakeview room too by the way).

Here''s the list of songs. You can get the current list from the Bellagio bell desk. I''m sure it is the same. I suggest doing it during the Bocelli song.

Oct 14th (Tuesday) 10:00PM to 12:00PM
10:00PM - Simple Gifts, Aaron Copland (Not a good proposal song)
10:15PM - This Kiss, Faith Hill (Not a good proposal song)
10:30PM - God Bless the USA, Lee Greenwood (Not a good proposal song)
10:45PM - Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Rachmaninoff (Might be a good proposal song)
11:00PM - Your Song, Elton John (Good proposal song)
11:15PM - Hoe Down, Aaron Copland (Not a good proposal song)
11:30PM - Con Te Partiro, Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman (Best proposal song)
11:45PM - Luck Be a Lady, Frank Sinatra (Not a good proposal song)
12:00PM - Star Spangled Banner, Whitney Houston (Not a good proposal song)

October 15th (Wednesday) 9:30 to 11:30PM
9:30PM - God Bless the USA, Lee Greenwood (Not a good proposal song)
9:45PM - Luck Be a Lady, Frank Sinatra (Not a good proposal song)
10:00PM - Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra (Not a good proposal song)
10:15PM - Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Rachmaninoff (Might be a good proposal song)
10:30PM - Con Te Partiro, Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman (Best proposal song)
10:45PM - My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion (Might be a good proposal song)
11:00PM - Pink Panther Theme, Henry Mancini (Not a good proposal song)
11:15PM - All That Jazz, Catherine Zeta-Jones (Not a good proposal song)
11:30PM - This Kiss, Faith Hill (Not a good proposal song)

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
alright ill hvae to look into it. i bought the "o" tickets already she wanted to see. just gotta book the hotel today or tommrow. ya one was $30 or $50 xtra anight i gotta find out again. Thanks for the song list the Bocelli is perfect time 11:30 so ill use that one. talk to u soon astack ur the bomb!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I assume you are seeing a 7:30PM performance of "O"?

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
ya 7:30 "O" i figured a early dinner then the show which is an hour an half so its over at 9pm. Then we have some time to kill till 10:30. Not sur eif anyone knows. But how crowed do u think it will be around the fountains at 10:30 on the Wensday night? sure cant be like a friday or sturday id imagine

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
The crowds are constantly changing. If you scope out your spot, you probably would have to sit through maybe one or two fountain shows before whoever is there leaves. I''d recommend getting to your intended proposal spot no later than 10:00PM so you can try to get a spot along the rail (so you don''t have to look over heads to see the fountain show). Oh and it is busy any night of the week. It''s the best show in Vegas....period.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 11:44:54 PM
Author: AStack75
It''s the best show in Vegas....period.
I wouldn''t say THAT. Best free show in Vegas, yes. But not the BEST show period.

Good luck Surf. I''ve been lurking in your thread, and I think your plans sound fantastic.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:19:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 9/25/2008 11:44:54 PM

Author: AStack75

It''s the best show in Vegas....period.

I wouldn''t say THAT. Best free show in Vegas, yes. But not the BEST show period.
I''ll take the Bellagio Fountains over O, Ka, Love, Le Reve, Phantom at the Venetian any day of the week. I''ve seen all of them and still prefer the Fountains. I could sit there all day and watch them....and I have.

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
thanks guys what do u reccomend for a nice romantic dinner before the "o" show at 7:30 is there some nice ones inside Bellagio someone told be Cirque? not sure if thats what its callled or Prime let me know

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you more about the atmosphere or the food? And what kind of food do you like? Or what kind of food does she like? Price range?

Picasso is good, Le Cirque is good, Prime is good, Circo is good (cheaper than Le Cirque, but apparently very romantic), Fix sounds interesting, Michael Mina sounds good...I'd check this site out. It's helped me a lot in the past. I've spent a lot of time looking at restaurants for our reception because we're planning on getting married in Vegas. I like the ideas of a lot of the Bellagio restaurants, but none of them made the cut for what I'm looking for. Of course, I'm incredibly picky when it comes to food (pastry chef) and a lot of places in Vegas hold special meaning for us.

Now see, if it were me, I'd want FF to take me to ESPNZone. But we have history there, and they have awesome buffalo wings. So for us, that's special.

And can we get a pic of the ring?

And I haven't seen Phantom in Vegas. After seeing it on Broadway, I don't really want to see it anywhere else. Plus the Vegas version is shortened.

Now Zumanity on the other hand...But I love Cirque du Soleil...Basically any and all live performance theater... Surf, FF is taking me to see "O" in December when we go, you'll have to tell me about it when you get back!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 3:18:39 PM
Author: FrekeChild
And I haven''t seen Phantom in Vegas. After seeing it on Broadway, I don''t really want to see it anywhere else. Plus the Vegas version is shortened.
Save your money. The theatre is very nice, the chandelier is awesome, but that''s about it. They shorten it too much. The Majestic Theatre production is much better.

As far as Circo... I ate there before my proposal. It was a nice restaurant, good food, a little pricey, but I didn''t think it was that romantic. I don''t think I''d eat there again on any future trips.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend Tao in Vegas for dinner, as long as you can get a table somewhere out of the middle, like the second floor or something.

surfcali365

Rough_Rock
well my game plan was a early dinner, then the show, the the fountains at 10:30 to propose and then the im sure the hotel room lol but afterwards come and hnag out by the bar that over looks the lake and fountains i believe the Fontana bar its called.
So as far as dinner goes i figured stayin in the Bellagio would be th ebest for convinence if you know what i mean so if i had to eat there where would u reccommend. Price doesnt matter just a nice atmosphere, something classy think im gunna be rocking my suit and she''ll be sportin her dress i told her we should get dressed up being that the 15th of october is indeed our anniversary. so a perfect day to porpose i figured!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I just went to Vegas for my 25th birthday this July. I absolutely fell in love with the Bellagio! The decor, the atmosphere...it's truely stunning. And I think proposing during the fountain show is splendid! You must do it during Time To Say Goodbye, the build up is amazing. One of my favorite memories from the trip was the night my SO and I went to the Fontana Bar. This place is unbelievable: it's in the Bellagio, balconies over the lake directly behind the fountain show, incredible live entertainment (at least the night we went...which I think was a Thursday night), and the best part is they filter the songs that are playing during the fountain show through speakers on the balcony. This place has it all! Romance is in the air! I'll try to get a pic on here.

Another favorite memory of mine is the following night when we went to the restaurant in Paris. It's extremely pricey, so beware, but the atmosphere is unmatched! and the best part? It overlooks the entire strip as well as the fountain show! I even hinted to my SO that I would LOVE to be proposed to there. Very cozy and romantic. They even have a photographer there (sort of set up like prom, but nicer - lol) Even if you decide to propose elsewhere, this is a great place to take her!

Forgot to mention, the restaurant at Paris is the Eiffel Tower restaurant (hence why there is such a great view)

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Assuming you are keeping with the plan, tonight is the night. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results