shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some techie help: jpegs burned to DVD won''t play in diff. computer???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I know SO little about this, it''s frightening, but hoping someone has info.

I burned a bunch of .jpg files onto a DVD (it''s a Verbatim brand DVD-R for video or PC, it says). Once I burned them, I checked the DVD on the same computer to see if I saw the images. They were all there as thumbnails; no problem.

Brought the DVD to a friend''s house. They also have a Dell PC, and it has a DVD drive in it. For some reason, computer can''t read the DVD; keeps saying to insert a disk into the drive even though the DVD I burned is in it.

Their DVD drive isn''t broken; we put a movie DVD into the drive and it reads/plays that just fine.

I can''t swear to it at the moment, but I think hubby''s Dell is loaded with Roxio??, so I think that''s what did the burning.

Why can''t his DVD read the DVD I burned? what am I doing wrong? I believe I selected the "data" option. What should I be selecting?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might be misunderstanding you here, so please ignore this if you know it! But a dvd full of images won''t "play" like a DVD. It doesn''t show the DVD is in the drive at all? Or does it show up under "my computer" as a DVD? If it shows up, it would show up under My Computer, and then you would have to click on it to get the pictures off. It won''t open up like a movie DVD will.

If it doesn''t open at all you might have burned it the wrong way, there are a lot of options to choose from with some DVD burners and just one wrong checked box can mess it up sometimes...

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I think it just may be a compatability problem with the DVD reader and the DVD you burned. Blank DVDS have different flavors +R and -R and if you burn one to a given type and the reader only reads the other type then you can get the problem you have.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
roxio is culprit here,, it was burned as a none standard format multisession disk and the other computer didn''t have the software to read it.
Always turn off multisession and select close the disk when they will be used on another computer.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
You may need to "finalize" the DVD on your computer before other computers can read it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results