shape
carat
color
clarity

need some nice romantic/cute proposal ideas... (nothern va)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
so i bought the ring and will be proposing within a month or so. im located in northern va. im trying to make this a surprise for my fiance to be but currently have a lot going on with family and other stuff that im a bit stressed out and cant think of anything clever. my gf wants to be surprised and she knows this day is coming soon too and that i may have already bought the ring. ive been known for doing great things and suprising her of different occasions so i dont want to disappoint.

please help!!

thanks

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
ttt

69 views and no replies???

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hey, darlin'', I read your post in the BWW/GG forum so I have a good idea how hard a time you''re going through right now. In order to help you, though, we need to have some idea of how you would like to do it. Are you thinking private or public? Inside or outside? Nice meal and a walk in a park? A picnic with champagne? Renting a limo to take her to a concert? Going on a dinner cruise? We need to know a bit about the two of you and what you like, and what would be special to you as a couple. It''s kind of hard to come up with ideas out of thin air.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she knows it''s coming, she''s going to be expecting it from here on out any time you do anything special. It would help to know what she likes to do, but you can never go wrong with a nice dinner at a retaurant that has special meaning to the two of you.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 2:50:42 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Hey, darlin'', I read your post in the BWW/GG forum so I have a good idea how hard a time you''re going through right now. In order to help you, though, we need to have some idea of how you would like to do it. Are you thinking private or public? Inside or outside? Nice meal and a walk in a park? A picnic with champagne? Renting a limo to take her to a concert? Going on a dinner cruise? We need to know a bit about the two of you and what you like, and what would be special to you as a couple. It''s kind of hard to come up with ideas out of thin air.
1.gif
i want to make proposal nice but at the same time i dont want to spend too much money as in a limo... reason being cause we are buying a house.

i do prefer private proposal because i want to get down on one knee when asking her to marry me.

i had a friend that proposed to his gf and did it the typical dinner routine with the ring being in the dessert.. so i want to make it nicer then that.. like more thought put into it...

she likes creative things.. arts and crafts.. getting all dressed up as well..

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 5:52:47 PM
Author: lovehersomuch
i want to make proposal nice but at the same time i dont want to spend too much money as in a limo... reason being cause we are buying a house.

i do prefer private proposal because i want to get down on one knee when asking her to marry me.

i had a friend that proposed to his gf and did it the typical dinner routine with the ring being in the dessert.. so i want to make it nicer then that.. like more thought put into it...

Hmmm, arts and crafts, eh? Do you think you could do something artsy for her? Maybe get a photograph of the two of you together and decorate the frame yourself (I would think that''s super sweet and they aren''t that hard to do)? Or maybe make a scrapbook of your relationship together if you''re better with photo albums? Maybe you could cook dinner for her (and have her get dressed up for it), make some of her favourite stuff to eat. Enjoy the meal, have some music on in the background, maybe dance a little if that''s your thing, and then tell her you made something for her. Hand her the thing, and then while she''s looking at that, have the ring ready in your pocket and start your speech about how she''s the most amazing woman and you love her so much... You know where I''m going with that.
1.gif

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 6:27:42 PM

Date: 5/26/2008 5:52:47 PM

Hmmm, arts and crafts, eh? Do you think you could do something artsy for her? Maybe get a photograph of the two of you together and decorate the frame yourself (I would think that''s super sweet and they aren''t that hard to do)? Or maybe make a scrapbook of your relationship together if you''re better with photo albums? Maybe you could cook dinner for her (and have her get dressed up for it), make some of her favourite stuff to eat. Enjoy the meal, have some music on in the background, maybe dance a little if that''s your thing, and then tell her you made something for her. Hand her the thing, and then while she''s looking at that, have the ring ready in your pocket and start your speech about how she''s the most amazing woman and you love her so much... You know where I''m going with that.
1.gif
thats a good idea.. we both currently live with our parents so itd be hard to do something like that.. but ima keep it in mind!

isnt there a puzzle proposal.. where when you put the pieces together it can be whether you made it up to be... i.e. have it say will you marry me... it sounds kinda cheesy though.. what about the m&ms proposal? what were the details on that?

i could take her out to eat at mortons.. one of our favorite restuarants.. but i dont wnat to have the waiter give her the ring there.. or i konw im not going to be up for getting down on one knee there either.. which is something i want to do.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum, steak!

How about in one of the quieter Smithsonian museums (one that doesn''t have lots of kids running around.)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thought: in the gem displays of the natural history museum. Maybe if you go in the morning/week day it won''t be really crowded.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
hmmm im still not sure what i wanna do... i want to do something that is of significance to us... not something that doesnt have any meaning to ur and our relationship

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
so there are 2 things that i think i may do for the proposal... let me know what you think about these ideas...

1. using a personalized ring box for the proposal...

2. after i have proposed.. awhile after i can give her a gift certificate to get her nails done at a spa.. not that her nails her bad.. t hey are actually really really nice but i remember her saying jokingly that shes gonna want to get her nails done when she shows the ring to her friends and coworkers.. so i thought it was thoughtful...

lemme know what u all think

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
i found out im getting the ring this week!!!

any help on the proposal ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:55:26 AM
i found out im getting the ring this week!!!

any help on the proposal ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
We''re trying; you don''t seem too keen on our ideas.
3.gif

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
i got an idea that i think ima use...

ima order 2-3 dozen roses and have them sent to my gf''s work with a note saying something along lines of "hey beautiful, great ready.. im taking you out tonight! ;-)"

ill take her to our favorite dinner spot.. mortons have a really good dinner.. im just not sure when i want to propose.. obviously she''ll know its coming and thats fine but it''ll be making her feel excited and building up the suspense/anticipation. i could just propose at dinner when we get dessert which is kind of cliche.. but i doubt i will get down on one knee if i did it at dinner because id just feel awkward.. i think im leaning more towards a private proposal so i can actually get down on one knee and say what i want from the heart.. something short and sweet..

soooo maybe i could pick her up to go to dinner and **maybe** take her for a walk in a nice area il have to find out where.. and propose before dinner??? or have dinner and go somewhere after and then propose??

im not too sure... any input?

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh i tried to reply before but I guess it got lost.

I like the idea of taking her for a stroll before or after dinner and proposing then. Just realize that if you do it before dinner she''ll be staring at the ring the whole time (I know I would be). Also remember you''re telling her to get dressed up which probably means not so practical shoes so you may want to make the walk a short one or bring a pair of her more practical comfy shoes with you.

If there''s a nice park or walking trail in the area that would be lovely or if it''s in an area of town where just walking down the street is nice and quiet then that would be lovely too.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 3:14:25 PM
Author: KCCutie
Oh i tried to reply before but I guess it got lost.

I like the idea of taking her for a stroll before or after dinner and proposing then. Just realize that if you do it before dinner she''ll be staring at the ring the whole time (I know I would be). Also remember you''re telling her to get dressed up which probably means not so practical shoes so you may want to make the walk a short one or bring a pair of her more practical comfy shoes with you.

If there''s a nice park or walking trail in the area that would be lovely or if it''s in an area of town where just walking down the street is nice and quiet then that would be lovely too.
i could go to georgetown in washington dc which isnt too far and from finding out from ps''ers there is a canal there that has boat rides.. maybe i can propose in the boat ride or if we get off anywhere during hte ride do it then like a grassy area.. then walk to mortons and have a great dinner.. see her excitement and have a great evening..

ill need to verify the logistics and make sure the canal and mortons are close by and find out how late the canal is open till

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
what knee is the right one to get down on while proposing??? :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 12:44:29 AM
ttt....

what kneee????
...seriously? ....it doesn't matter.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 7:07:24 AM

Date: 6/8/2008 12:44:29 AM
ttt....

what kneee????
...seriously? ....it doesn''t matter.
hahha.. thanks!

btw.. im thinking to think of somewhere romantic that i could take my gf and propose in georgetown... ill try googling tonight after work but if anyone from the dc metro area can chime in that''d be great... i plan on taking her to mortons in georgetown but dont want to propose in the restaurant... ill look into the c&o canal but from pics the water looks dirty and it doesnt look that romantic.. if there is a nice garden or something close by thatd be nice!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
you could completely surprise her by doing it somewhere when you are not dressed up and going somewhere ''fancy''... if you know of a cool spot nearby, plan to make a surprise stop there when you are going by it on a "fake trip" somewhere else. i love the idea of a museum or public garden too...

reader

Brilliant_Rock
How about going to the Gold Mining museum, or to Seneca Falls? At S.F. they have bags of gemstone sand you can buy to pan for your own raw gemstones, and you could hide the ring in a bag of gem sand so she can pan out her own diamond ring. It is very beautiful there, and there are caves to explore as well. In fact, I have a bag of ''gem sand'' I never went through as a souvenir of when we went there.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/16/2008 12:49:40 AM
Author: reader
How about going to the Gold Mining museum, or to Seneca Falls? At S.F. they have bags of gemstone sand you can buy to pan for your own raw gemstones, and you could hide the ring in a bag of gem sand so she can pan out her own diamond ring. It is very beautiful there, and there are caves to explore as well. In fact, I have a bag of ''gem sand'' I never went through as a souvenir of when we went there.

This? Is one of the best ideas I''ve ever heard!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results