shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Some Ideas for an App

trojanwr21

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering proposing in May this year in a creative way. One of my ideas is to have someone develop an app. I already know someone that can help me in that regards but I am stumped in how can I apply it to help me propose to my girlfriend. Any suggestions?

Thanks

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
How about a game? A super easy one and when she beats it there's a proposal....

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh! An ex boyfriend made me a funny game for valentine's day years ago. It was a multiple choice quiz about things in our relationship (where did we first meet, what song did we first dance to, what's my pet name for him etc.) and then every time I answered a picture of a vault would show up and the wheel on the front would either turn, or get stuck. Once it was turned all the way an anatomically correct picture of a heart showed up (weird I know...I unlocked his heart, lol) and it played a song that reminded him of me. it was a computer game, but I'm sure you could do something similar as an app.

Maybe you could have the final screen be the proposal?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sidenote...chemgirl have you seen the mario proposal? he somehow recreated level 1-1 and made coins spelling out "name, will you marry me?" it was super nerdy and cute :) :)

as far as apps go...yeah I like the idea of some sort of game? maybe what you could do is have a picture of the ring at the end, and then when she gets to the screen with the picture of the ring, you can have the real ring!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1300559031|2875293 said:
sidenote...chemgirl have you seen the mario proposal? he somehow recreated level 1-1 and made coins spelling out "name, will you marry me?" it was super nerdy and cute :) :)

as far as apps go...yeah I like the idea of some sort of game? maybe what you could do is have a picture of the ring at the end, and then when she gets to the screen with the picture of the ring, you can have the real ring!

Wow, I have no idea how that would work, but it sounds fantastic!

A game would be really neat.

ETA: Depending on how nerdy you two are, you could buy the domain for her name, or her first name + your last name and have the app redirect her to a website with the proposal. My husband surprised me with my domain (my first name + his last name.com) as a wedding gift and its pretty neat. I think it was only around $10 (will depend on how popular the domain is) plus email hosting. Its pretty fun to give out my new email address.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results