shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Okay, this has nothing to do with diamonds, but I need gift ideas for:

My secretary (she''s a young girl, like 22 or so and is a single mom to a baby)

My husband!

Any thoughts/ideas are most appreciated
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What did you want to spend? Gift cards to Target come to mind as she could always use something. Also, maybe a day at a spa w/ money for babysitting. At 22 & single mother, she has her plate full.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second F&I's Target gift card idea. As a mom of two, I've gotten these and they're immensely handy and about the best gift to get when you're having to run to get new baby items almost every other day. Plus, your secretary can get something for herself too if she wants. Gives her lots of options depending upon her finances
1.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or a gift cert to a nice clothing store, like Nordstrom's or similar, since maybe she doesn't get the chance to buy nice stuff for herself often.

Husband...you are just starting this?!?!
2.gif
My old faithful, RedEnvelope.Com....get your order in today and they are upgrading to priority for FREE.
1.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I think I will go with the Target gift card or a Filene's gift card for my secretary. I know money is tight for her, so I'd like to help her out in an unobtrusive way (did anyone see that Seinfeld where Jerry got Elaine cash for her birthday?) As for the husband, I am in big trouble because it's his birthday tomorrow!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/22/2003 10:30:23 AM sxn675 wrote:

Okay, this has nothing to do with diamonds, but I need gift ideas for:

My husband!

Any thoughts/ideas are most appreciated
1.gif
----------------

Don't you know by now that men are easy!
wink2.gif
9.gif
11.gif

If you must get something tangible
9.gif
, mine always loves tools, nifty old timey drafting supplies, books & CD's of music that is not my favorite (like all his Celtic & Bluegrass ones). And, always something with "his" team logo on it.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I like it when people post the end of a story, so I thought I'd do the same. Just so you all know, I gave the gifts to my husband and secretary yesterday and they both seem happy, so all is well!

For the detail people:

Secretary: Gift Card to Filene's (it's a department store here, she has indicated that she likes it)

Husband: robe with matching pjs (fleece), Merrell shoes (he is a surgery resident, so is on his feet all day), underwear and undershirts (those were a joke), card and cake!

Phew

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Underwear and undershirts...*grin*, actually, my SO asked for those! I said that was boring, he replied he needed them, and that's what the holidays are all about.

So guess what he's getting?

win

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once gave the honey some "chips" he could cash in for whatever he choose such as his favorite home-cooked meal (we don't eat at home often), or a trip by himself, a "guys only" event, his romantic fantasy night (with me, of course) -- and he really loved it. He got to choose what he wanted when he wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results