shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chowdawg

Rough_Rock
Ok...I need a little help and the proposal date is right around the corner....So, I got the ring, got the parents blessing and now I am ready...but, I have no idea what to do. We are headed to Europe next week on a trip and we are visiting some relatives in a Scandanavian country (don''t want to mention which one in case she is visiting this site) and I had some ideas for a romantic proposal but each time I do further research into them, I find out it is not possible. We are going to be in the outskirts (at least an hour away) of a semi-large city so there is no way I could get a limo trip to take us to our next location with a surprise stop along that way for a picnic and proposal...I was also thinking of having the hotel set up our room with roses, etc. but come to find out we are going to be staying with relatives and friends the whole time. I want to propose in this country where her family is from because I know it will mean a lot to her but with all the nerves and anxiousness, I have been drawing a complete blank with ideas. Any good ideas? I want this to be memorable and we are leaving this Saturday and I have nothing planned.

HELP!
6.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
One thing popped into my head while reading you post. Getting the ring to Europe. I wouldnt put it in your luggage for fear of it getting lost, so then you have to deal with the metal detectors and her not seeing it and/or you loosing it between leaving and proposing.

How about proposing right before you leave? That way, as you visit the family/friends, yall can share as you all travel along. You wont be stressed about loosing/hiding the ring or finding the perfect spot and you can both be on cloud 9.

I just read in your profile you are in CT... are you close to the airport? I know some people will stay in a hotel the night before if they have an AM flight. If this is your case, maybe you could stay at a really nice hotel the night before and have them do up the room. Or if you will be driving to the airport, how about a limo ride there? Pick her up with roses and champagne or maybe a nice breakfast/lunch/dinner? Or if you just want to drive yourself, is there some place cool to stop along the way that is pretty or special to you all?

Breakfast in bed the day you leave? Sometime while she is packing, give her a bag full of items you thought she might need/forgotten to pack... you could have a disposable camera, travel toothpaste, sun lotion, etc and the ring box. Have the ring on the bottom and when she pulls it out you could be down on one knee, propose and then have the disposible camera to take pictures! Or better yet, ask her to help *you* pack! You could have a bunch of items in a bag (like you just bought them at the store) and have her empty it/pack it up. When she finds the ring, propose, take pics!

Hope these help, or at least spark another idea!
35.gif

chowdawg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the ideas...I think the proposing overseas will be nice since her family is there and there is going to be this big party...although, I wasn''t planning on popping the questions prior to the party. I guess that is just another thing I need to think about.

As for getting it overseas, I have been working on that for months. Been in contact with Customs and also using the diversion help of her mother. I am going to carry the ring on me the whole way and will avoid going through the metal detectors with her nearby.

Now, the question arises whether to do it before or after the big party/reunion? UGH..just more to think about.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
How about during? Could you stand up in front of everyone at some point and do it or would she/you not like that? I would probably do it before/during so she can share with those at the party. Someone may feel left out if you do it after.

And honestly, anything you do will be memorable. The fact that she will be with her family/in her familys country and you wanting to propose to here there will be special.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Did you go on your trip yet? How did it go?

From my experiences, a ring won''t set off the metal detector. I''ve never had a problem with wearing any of my jewelry, but I can understand how you might be nervous the detector would go off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results