shape
carat
color
clarity

Need reusable shopping totes? Check these out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sputat

Rough_Rock
I wanted to post this in the Bride & Groom section since I ordered mine as my welcome bags for my out-of-towner wedding guests but opted here at Shopping.

Just in case you are looking for eco-friendly reusable shopping totes, please check out My Bag Cares since each tote they sell, they will plant a tree in your honor. I ordered a dozen of these and got them today. The packaging is great and ready for gift giving. They include a post card where you can put the name of the recipient. The bag itself is sturdy and not flimsy at all. If the bold "My Bag Cares" isn''t your cup of tea, you can turn the bag inside out. It is completely finished (minus the black piping) and have smaller writing, talking about MyBags.

I was going to do DIY welcome bags but when I saw these, I knew I had to get them. Since family and friends are flying in for my wedding, might as well have some trees planted to offset carbon emissions.

Anyway, just spreading the word about these bags. I might order some more as X-mas gifts.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
$25 per bag? All the grocery stores by me sell them for $1 per bag!

I do think reusable totes are the way to go, but part of the incentive, I think, is making them easily affordable for everyone.

sputat

Rough_Rock
I know that the price isn''t the most cost friendly compared to other reusable shopping bags you can buy at your local supermarket but I do like what the company is about... a bag = a tree. You get what you give.

I think the price point is comparable to a good beach bag and I''ll use it when I''m out and about, schlepping things.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
How about this

http://www.amazon.com/World-Food-Programme-Feed-Bag/dp/B000M3OP6A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1214461430&sr=8-1

Buying one World Food Programme FEED bag feeds a child in school for one school year.

School feeding acts as a magnet, dramatically increasing enrollment, sometimes by as much as 100 percent. It also improves performance at school; children concentrate better on a full stomach.

Girls who go to school not only marry later, but have half as many children than illiterate women. Furthermore, these children are healthier and better educated.

$20 a year can transform a child''s life and provide the tools for a lifetime of self-reliance. School feeding is a simple but effective way to beat hunger and poverty.

The FEED Project is a partnership between the United Nations World Food Program and Lauren Bush, WFP Honorary Spokesperson

feedme.jpg

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:27:24 AM
Author: akmiss
How about this

http://www.amazon.com/World-Food-Programme-Feed-Bag/dp/B000M3OP6A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1214461430&sr=8-1

Buying one World Food Programme FEED bag feeds a child in school for one school year.

School feeding acts as a magnet, dramatically increasing enrollment, sometimes by as much as 100 percent. It also improves performance at school; children concentrate better on a full stomach.

Girls who go to school not only marry later, but have half as many children than illiterate women. Furthermore, these children are healthier and better educated.

$20 a year can transform a child''s life and provide the tools for a lifetime of self-reliance. School feeding is a simple but effective way to beat hunger and poverty.

The FEED Project is a partnership between the United Nations World Food Program and Lauren Bush, WFP Honorary Spokesperson

I bought that one a while back...it''s a great BIG sized bag!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
vslover, I was meaning to buy one awhile ago but they were always out of stock. I really like the idea of it and the bags look pretty cool. Do you use yours as a reusable shopping bag or a tote?

sputat

Rough_Rock
The Feed Bag is now available at Wholefoods.

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Whole Foods is at least 30 min from my house, but I really want to go there because I''m a vegetarian and prefer to eat organic. How are their bags? Are they about this size?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Does anybody know if you can buy reusable small bags for fruit? We use reusable grocery bags, but since almost all of our groceries are fresh produce, we come home with a zillion thin plastic bags from the fruit and veggies. I thought I''d heard of reusable bags for produce before but I haven''t seen them anywhere.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 2:10:05 PM
Author: Elmorton
Does anybody know if you can buy reusable small bags for fruit? We use reusable grocery bags, but since almost all of our groceries are fresh produce, we come home with a zillion thin plastic bags from the fruit and veggies. I thought I'd heard of reusable bags for produce before but I haven't seen them anywhere.
I'm sure you are concerned with the weight a reusable bag would add when going to pay... what about these? They are like... NOTHING...
http://www.earthwisebags.com/xsbaggage.html

THESE are perfect!!!
http://www.reusablebags.com/store/organic-cotton-produce-sacks-p-747.html

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results