shape
carat
color
clarity

Need painting advice for my kids'' rooms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I quickly mentioned in a previous post, we''ve decided to rent a house because our condo isn''t working out for us. We found one within a week (yah!) and the woman renting the house is okay with us painting the boys'' rooms. The color I''m painting is a sky blue. I''m NOT painting the ceilings so basically, all four walls in the rooms will be the sky blue. There is one window in each room. The woman at the paint store said it would look designerish (is that a word?) if I painted the wall the window is on with a complimentary darker shade of blue. . .to jazz it up. Any thoughts? Since it''s the wall the window is on, would it darken the room or make it look cool (for boys 6-8ish)?

this is the lighter paint shade color. . . eh, my pop up is blocked and I cannot access the darker shade. Anyway, it would be the darker compliment to this (the color that is on the same paint card.)

April20

Ideal_Rock
If you''re going to paint one wall a darker color, I''d paint a wall that light shines on and isn''t coming in from behind. I think if you do the window wall, it will feel a bit darker. I think if you''re going to paint an accent color, you should also consider a wall that you want to highlight- behind a bed, for example. Just a thought...

What direction do the windows face? You''re in Seattle, right? Given how many months the sun isn''t shining all the time, you might just want to keep it light, especially if they aren''t west facing windows.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
ditto the painting accent wall the wall you want to highlight.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, thanks. I''ll go ahead and keep it all light to provide more of a cheery atmosphere.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results