shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions.. wearing wedding band before wedding??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
OK I need opinions on what you girls think. I have been dieting and have lost about 15 pounds since I got engaged, well now my ring is a little big and I am affraid it will slip off if I am not careful. I talked to my jeweler about what I should do and she suggested wearing my wedding band to see if that makes a difference being a little thicker, which I tried it one day and I felt so guilty wearing it, but it did help! She said I could put a spacer on it but it will probably scratch it and she wouldn''t want to do that. I want to wait until the summer when it gets warmer out to see how it feels before I get it sized. I was in there again today ordering FI ring and she asked what I decided and I told her I felt guilty wearing it and she said I was going to feel worse if I loose it (which she is right) She didn''t think it was bad to wear it after the engagement ring instead of before like a wedding band..

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably wear it...

What are you concerned about? What other people think? Bad luck?

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
You shouldn''t feel guilty; you''re just doing what works. I would do this to prevent the engagement ring from falling off without any qualm about it.

Enjoy your rings.
25.gif

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

lucyandroger; I felt guilty cause the wedding band is to represent marriage and we aren''t married yet, I am worried what others would think, and I am never like that but for some reason I am with this, I don''t want people thinking I am just wearing it cause I want more "bling" on my finger and i can''t wait until the wedding (the wedding band is soo pretty next to the engagment ring). I guess I shouldn''t care what other people think!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would wear the WB just to keep from losing your e-ring in the meantime.

Have you considered putting a little sizing bar on the underside of your e-ring? It can be taken off rather easily, from what I understand. Or you can put 2 beads on the underside, and your ring will be snug, and not turn. I''ll try to dig up some pictures.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a horseshoe sizer

TR_edited.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the sizing beads

maisiesizingbeads.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My house was broken into one of the few days I was wearing my wedding band to test it the summer before we married. I think wearing it before was rather lucky for me!

If you want or need to wear it, that''s fine. Anything to keep the engagement ring on your finger, right?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bought an insert ring guard for my engagement ring because I can range from a size 6.25 to a size 7.5 and back again in just a few hours! I know in the summer months my e-ring and wedding band will fit fine together, but i may have to wear the wedding band on my right hand in the winter, and the engagement ring in the guard. My Fi is adamant that I wear the both rings together after the wedding, no matter what. There's no way they'll fit in the winter. I almost lost my engagement ring in the garbage while cleaning, which is why I bought the insert guard ring.

With the engagement ring in the guard, the back of the shank goes from being only about 1.5mm thick to 4mm thick. That extra width really helps, even though the guard and the E-ring are the same finger size.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is a side shot of my guard.

3259_1.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Buy two very thin (2mm or less) gold w-bands to wear on either side. Or look for a couple of tiny diamond bands that you can perhaps use later in a stack. Don''t start wearing your actual wedding band now.

I had the same problem, and solved it quite economically: I found two thin SS CZ bands -- that looked very good BTW -- to wear on either side of mine until summer when my e-ring was not quite as loose as it had been during the cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results